Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+10
foodiejohn
zdeekie
Adam Mint
innit
Steve56
Daryn
searcher
Topdog
Gypsy
Mcqueen
14 posters

Brexit

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Brexit - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 19:01

Saw this on FB. Interesting. (Please don't shoot the messenger! Brexit - Page 2 3025408739 )

The New European
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 19:14

They were voting on immigration, end of. If that wasn't an issue, then Brexit would have been defeated and emphatically so.

Was listening to the speech today.It just came to me, Ireland, with strong leadership, could do quite well out of this, along with the UK. As it stands, any deal will have to be ratified bu both houses in London, AND by the individual parliaments of the remaining 27 EU states. If a deal is negotiated that the UK doesn't particularly like ( e.g. some tariffs on goods and services ) but the negotiators accept it as probably being the best they could get, what happens if Ireland ( UK's best buddy in Europe at the moment) thinks that because of the ever deepening relationship between the 2 countries and each being a huge trading partner of the other, the deal will affect Ireland more than the"main" European countries. Our government could throw a spanner in the works and refuse to ratify it. This would mean that the entire deal is virtually null and void and a better deal for Ireland, and thereby, the UK, will have to be found. If we, the Irish, actually get a referendum on the deal, oh boy! wait until you see the sparks fly. Remember, we have rejected 2 Euro treaties already. If we reject this, where does that leave the European Union?? I've told the kids to keep a sharp eye on all this, because I think it's right up there with WW2 and the fall of Communism, as the most defining situation to hit Europe in centuries.

Now, I'll pretty much guarantee, that the vast majority of those states will try to ratify the deal by parliamentary vote because they don't want to put it to a referendum. Two things on that statement, 1. There are a lot of elections happening across Europe in the next 2 years and some parties will definitely campaign on implementing a referendum on the deal and 2. if no referendum is offered, it will be challenged in the courts.

If a "hard brexit" deal is struck then

Labour Uncut
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 19:23

The Lone Ranger wrote:Saw this on FB. Interesting. (Please don't shoot the messenger! Brexit - Page 2 3025408739 )

The New European

Thats a lot of writing.The Uk will have broken up before I get it all finished Brexit - Page 2 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 19:31

I read it all... Brexit - Page 2 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 20:23

Nice one Dermo
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 21:19

I got halfway through it had a look at what more there was to read and gave up...

Brexit - Page 2 588840738
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 21:20

PS, will beer go up...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 10:16

Go on, overrule it, then we get the bonus of getting rid of you lot as well...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is an old report but worth a read (especially the last line)...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

£300 a day,, to do what,,, there was a clip on the news a few weeks back of some old geezer rambling on about something nobody had any interest in, the two old dears sitting behind him were fast asleep,,, now anyone else falling asleep at work would get sack...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 18:37

From a personal point of view, the big thing that worries me, is that they voted against stopping any Brexit negotiations from overriding the existing Good Friday Peace Agreement. Thats about a short sighted as it can possibly be. If a hard border i.e. any kind of custom checks, passport checks etc is put up between ourselves and the north, that will create an explosive situation, and I mean that literally!
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 11:06

Britain to face bill on leaving EU

Newstalk
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 11:16

Cheaper than all the other crap we have to pay for i'm sure
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 11:28

You know how the leave campaign listed the cost to remain as a member. Has anyone actually listed the money the UK will lose? Think universities will have a big shortfall. It's getting a bit worrying over here. Our government is already looking at where customs posts will be situated. I'm telling you here and now, unless the UK and Ireland stand strong and arrange a special deal for the north, then we will be back in the bad old days before too long. The lack of an "actual border" has played a massive part in keeping the peace up there. If its reinstated, then I shudder to think. On another note, am I correct in saying that the parliament will get to vote on whether to accept or reject the deal that's reached? what happens if the deal is too onerous and is rejected? What happens then? I think there is a possibility of the UK remaining in, but the whole EU will be restructured in such a way that it will allow individual countries to be much more independent in immigration, tax, etc etc. The EU is already planning a conference soon, to talk about the future of the EU and what direction it is going to take. I think the Brexit vote has given them the kick in the arse that was needed. That would be the ideal situation in my books, a win win for everybody, but I don't know how the likes of you ( Reg and Vince) would feel seeing as you already voted out?? Would you stay in if the conditions were changed where you have control of your own borders and courts etc?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 11:52

I think the majority of people do not really understand the ins and outs of what it really means
    It was more a we are sick and tired of the EU doing what they like with us, especially immigration,
    Immigration is a big worry for us city folk, we see all sorts just taking the piss and we sit quietly doing bugger all about it, who has not sat in a hospital quietly waiting your turn and the place is full of none payers,the NHS should be run like a business, we all have National insurance numbers, that can be tapped into a computer to see who and what they are dealing with, but that is too simple, So its more an uprising and people say enough already,
    my view the view of a simple street level kind of dude Brexit - Page 2 3417148095
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 12:37

I wonder why we don't have the same problem with immigration?? Brexit - Page 2 878948377 Our social welfare is too generous as it is, though there is feck all benefit fraud anymore.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 12:59

Welfare is just part of it, they will get a council house right away, then 40 of them live in it and all claim benefits and live on fresh air, the money is put in to a pot and they buy houses to let not live in, they all buy cash business's corner shops  and taxis etc anything that takes cash, that is the put in the pot to buy more, and so it go's, you see a Merc in Leeds its a call centre driving it,
    totally different culture to us, you never see a corner shop run by anything other because they just dont pay,but if you have money to smarten up its blady perfect, dibble knows what go's on,
    Safari centre downstairs, sit having a coffee and no business at all is being done, how do they pay the rent ? dont set me off, that is why people voted leave, it means you lot feck off
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 8:09

But the call centre immigrants aren't from the EU, you don't see Germans and French buying the corner shops.  And IMO that is what people were confused with, they were wanting to keep the WRONG immigrants out.  

The Spanish, Italians, Poles etc. keep the UK going by working in the hospitals, fields and buses because some of those jobs the Brits just don-t want to do.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 18:02

And that statement is total bollux. One of my kids applied to work in a Hospital, only requirement was speak English, read and write. Tick. Another applied to be a bus driver, same reqirements plus a driving licence. Tick. Both were turned down. Probably because they were not foreign with Communist tendencies. Brexit - Page 2 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 19:39

Lords' amendments rejected...BBC News
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 18:30

Good. Lets get on with a nice hard Brexit then. Europeans clearly dont like us, short memories. Winston would be proud. Rule Brittania. Brexit - Page 2 3712204970
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 19:29

theresa full of bluster. UK can't afford a hard exit ( Ireland can't afford for the UK to have a hard exit ). Compromise will be reached that will piss off ultra nationalists who'll go "that's not what I voted for". It's happened at every negotiation since man started talking, gonna happen again in 7 or 8 years
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 19:44

Union Jack my arse, what we need is  Brexit - Page 2 4134441833 Brexit - Page 2 4134441833 Brexit - Page 2 4134441833 We dont need nobody  Hi
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 19:52

thats looking possible reg. . I think an independent England would be great. Bet ye would no longer get dragged into wars ye don't want. Kick out the old boy's network in london. Split the country up into 4 or 5 regions cos at the moment london is taking all the investment. Run it like the Germans run their country i.e powerful regions and a federal parliament. Each region responsible for its own economic growth. Each region having an equal representation in parliament. Run yer own tax, currency, welfare, immigration policies. Don't know why any self respecting Englishman/woman would want to stay part of a union. Tell N. Ireland to take a hike. And the Welsh?? Well, I don't know  about them but who cares anyway Brexit - Page 2 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 19:55

Well snap snap snap Brexit - Page 2 3025408739 Brexit - Page 2 3318427985 Brexit - Page 2 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 20:16

This is hilarious! Brexit - Page 2 3025408739 Daily Mash
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 20:18

Brexit - Page 2 3025408739 Brexit - Page 2 294053457