Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Paint job.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Paint job. Empty Paint job.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 18:03

Having lunch in the golf club today and an old woman pranged my car when she reversed out of parking space. What's best way to prepare this just for silver spray can over it? Hardly worth bothering about the dent. She left her details but not worth the "no claims discount" hassle going through insurance. Passes MOT yesterday without a hitch then this...

Paint job. Scrape10
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Paint job. Empty Re: Paint job.

Post by Mcqueen Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 18:56

Ring chips away or similar,

Campbell Brodie likes this post

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 19:13

This reminds me. i have a few rust spots on the bonnet of my van. They have got worse over last 12 month but I hadn't the time/inclination to attack them. I went into the car parts shop today. The lad was ever so helpful. I asked him what I needed to do to repair. He came out to the car park to look for himself. Went back in. gave me 4 sheets of 320  and 600 sandpaper, a can of grey primer aerosol and made up another in the colour black of my van. Took him about 15 minutes all in all. I went to pay thinking to myself somewhere between 60 and 80 euros for all this. 12 ( TWELVE) feckin euros!! I couldn't believe it. Asked him "are you sure". Well, he said, that what is coming up on the screen. I paid him and legged it. I still haven't fixed the spots but I'll get there Paint job. 3025408739

Campbell Brodie likes this post

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 20:25

It will look like shit if your not used to car paint, that go's for both of you Paint job. 1498946960 Paint job. 426031496
    My man Jason used to be a chips away man, works for himself and when i say you cant tell i mean it
    Cams bumper is plastic and it sprung back after she hit it, behind will be a whole different story,
    silver is the worst colour to get right, still if your not bothered throw a dog turd at it from across the street

Campbell Brodie and 3rdforum like this post

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 20:37

I had a similar experience a few years ago ,the damage looked like your photo ,a trolley in Dobbies hit my car ,it looked like a cheap job to fix so took it up to the repair shop 800yds from our house £500 was the quote , my excess is £100 , "hello is that the insurance coy"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 20:05