Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
angusjim
innit
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
8 posters

New ADMIN wanted.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

New ADMIN wanted. Empty New ADMIN wanted.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 13:10

I am giving up being Admin of the forum and I am looking for someone who wants to take over the running of it. I have been doing this for 7½ years now since I first designed the forum with the look you see now and have enjoyed my time interacting with the members and have met some really good friends because of it. But I feel it needs taking in a new direction now as we are only seeing the same few members posting each day and there is so much choice with all the Social Media outlets now. Just because it's coming up in April, I intend to stop being Admin on my birthday on the 4th. Anyone who is keen to takeover, I will be available for a few weeks after that to help with getting used to the running of things and how to use the Admin Panel etc.
    McQueen and Topdog, as Founders of the Forum, I will send you both the existing password to use to get Admin acess to the Admin Panel.

If no-one comes forward by April 4th, I will just let it "die a death" until the Credits will need re-newed in June and Forumotion will close us down.

If anyone wants to take it on, please contact me by PM. New ADMIN wanted. 89616211
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

New ADMIN wanted. Empty Re: New ADMIN wanted.

Post by Mcqueen Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 13:36

Aww that's sad news but Cam is right I think Farce book finished off and we have been a bit stale for a while.
    Big thanks to Cam for all he has done, anybody that is important to me has my phone number to WhatsApp me can do so. I am sat in a cafe in zoos Chris at the moment so my sausage fingers may make no sense.
    Adios Amigos it's been good while it lasted

Campbell Brodie, Mermaid, innit and angusjim like this post

innit
    innit

Post by innit Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 14:31

Sad to see you go Cam but must admit over the past months you have been swimming against the tide and as you say forums have been replaced by Facebook etc. New ADMIN wanted. 4248600970

Campbell Brodie, Mermaid and angusjim like this post

angusjim
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 877

Post by angusjim Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 19:52

I really don't post much so probably members like me are part of the issue, never met you but you have always come across on here as a lovely person although you maybe could have posted a bit more yourself New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739 New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739 all the best for the rest of your retirement take care. New ADMIN wanted. 1887251641 New ADMIN wanted. 1887251641

Campbell Brodie likes this post

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 20:25

Well said Jim New ADMIN wanted. 294053457
    Cams kept the place going for sure
    We have had a few meet us and always enjoyed them

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 21:31

Very sad news...

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 8:22

Well done Cam,you have made the right decision. It was great to have kept up with friends that we also have met in the past. We have Facebook,WhatsApp,messenger now so can still keep in contact..

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 10:07

Earnt his stripes for sure weather

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 20:16

New ADMIN wanted. 34343388
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 22:02

Cant think of anybody suitable to carry it on.
    I remember Kev and myself dragging you into the job in the first place after your experience with the other lesser forums at the time. People would rather start their own and think the have concurred the world
    As forums go only JA has got it right all the others are just copys. I have enjoyed our time but like all good things they do come to an end.

Campbell Brodie and Mermaid like this post

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 22:20

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one for the many years of pleasure I have had participating in this great little family we have had together , we have been fortunate to have had such a dedicated and patient administrator, thanks a million Cam you are a diamond geezer, thanks again and hope you and yours keep safe.

Campbell Brodie and Mermaid like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 2:35

I would like to echo Bills thoughts here. 8 years its been going and I have been here pretty much from day one. At least 4 members still reporting in I have never even met as well but hopefully when this covid business is over we will get the opportunity. Next winter being as we are now retired and have a sprog living out there we will no doubt be on the rock for extended periods. Well, basically we will become swallows lol rules permitting but I am sure I will find a way round it. Good mates with Kev (Topdog) who lives out there and of course Reg who I have met many times. Think I am a member of the Facebook group Tenerife 4 All but cant remember posting anything. Only problem is its under my real name so I will have to behave. Wouldnt want my sisters and daughter to think I'm a racist bigot now would I?  New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739  So I will be posting shite but maybe a bit less controversial on there in the near future. The Perfectspecimen 
    will become Vincent S....... Not a common name Vincent is it so you will recognise who it is. Think I got about 5 friends on Facebook so it may increase a bit.  being sick Thanks Cam. you have been a star.  New ADMIN wanted. 3318427985

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 5:41

I think Dermo's the man, I don't want the forum to stop,...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 6:50

Dermot too busy with work
    Best let it go when Cam bails out it wouldn't be the same without him. No offence to anyone

Mermaid and searcher like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 2:43

I notice no buggers put my name in the frame!  New ADMIN wanted. 506932706 Nah, not nearly internet savvy enough. Plus I would probably have to ban myself within a month.  New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739  You are gonna have to join Facebook Reg, if you aint already. Did you know you can sell cars on there? Free as well innit. Unless someone knows better Tenerife 4 All seems to be the group to go on but having said that not much goes on. Think this forum is more lively but if we all migrate to there it might improve. Worth a try I think.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 4:12

Last thing I want is for forum to disappear, I don't have technical knowledge how to run it it plus I only view from my mobile phone, don't have a computer,,, my votes on Dermo,,, but why Cam , we know you worked BT and done feck all for years and now your official doing feck all and chuck it,,,,,,
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 7:33

New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739  I wont be going on  farce book.or any other forum. This place only lasted because of Cam and the hours he put in

I pretty sure there is nobody already on here that can carry it on ot improve it so I think it should be left to vanish otherwise it would be like a formula 1 driver that just doesn't know when to quit and ends up in a shitty team
    Just my opinion

Mermaid and searcher like this post

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 22:44

Mcqueen wrote:New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739  I wont be going on  farce book.or any other forum. This place only lasted because of Cam and the hours he put in

I pretty sure there is nobody already on here that can carry it on ot improve it so I think it should be left to vanish otherwise it would be like a formula 1 driver that just doesn't know when to quit and ends up in a shitty team
    Just my opinion
    Best that it is left to vanish as I agree with Reg.. We don't need it. If the few want to keep in touch there are other means. .
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 1:09

How long we got left Cam? Seems I have done 14,438 posts since we started. Thats a lot of hot air innit?  New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 8:28

Perfectspecimen wrote:How long we got left Cam? Seems I have done 14,438 posts since we started. Thats a lot of hot air innit?  New ADMIN wanted. 3025408739

I'm signing off the night before my birthday, so the evening of the 3rd April. The forum will still run until June when the bills will need paid. But anyone who wants to can still post away until then.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 8:49

I personally would like it to end midnight on the 3rd of April
    I don't want to watch a slow death until June, just my thoughts on the matter New ADMIN wanted. 3561243520

Campbell Brodie and searcher like this post

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 22:06

I don't want it to stop, I like it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 7:43