Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Sciatica

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Sciatica Empty Sciatica

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 26 May 2017 - 19:54

Had it maybe 8 years ago. No problem since but it reared its ugly head again on my last night in Tenerife. 9am Wednesday I shuffled in the health centre in GDS. I need some pain killers, whats wrong? Back and left leg, siatica she said. Yeah I know. You can see the Doctor. No I said, I catch plane at 11.50. You cant fly like that you will need an injection, you can see the Doc straight away. No I said, just give me some pills. Got some, Acoxxel they were called, €31.25. Jeez, good job I didnt do the Doc bit then.  Sciatica 1498946960  Struggled on to airport, got on plane and result, I have extra legroom seats! We had three actually so perfect. Spent most of the flight shuffling along the aisle annoying all the plebs.  Sciatica 3025408739  Today I am almost back to normal and have been doing some work.........
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Sciatica Empty Re: Sciatica

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 26 May 2017 - 20:30

I've got short legs...I don't need extra leg room. Sciatica 1483819851
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 26 May 2017 - 21:01

Ooo siatica nearly every bloke i know gets it, Janet had a spell with it, Luke gets it and he is 37
    He passed his class 1 today,  exercise helps to ease it, painfull but thats the way out,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 26 May 2017 - 21:40

Reg doesn't need extra room either...nor that numpty with the big skirting boards... Sciatica 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 27 May 2017 - 0:52

Sitting down was painful and I was getting pins and needles so that emergency exit seat was ideal. Lying down wasnt clever either so I got no sleep the previous night. Best relief I found was to walk slowly. I am going to have to blame something so top of the list is the uncomfortable stools in the Canon bar in Adeje. Think I may walk about with a cushion in tow. Come in handy on the plane too. Sciatica 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sat 27 May 2017 - 1:13

Campbell Brodie wrote:I've got short legs...I don't need extra leg room. Sciatica 1483819851

So why don't you pay extra for short arsed seats midget...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 27 May 2017 - 2:28

I would never pay extra for a certain seat on a plane. Ryanair try hard to make you pay that extra 6 quid each way but the fact is if the planes not totally full you can and generally peeps do, sort themselves out when the seat belt sign goes out. The galling bit for some must be when they ask to move you even before the plane takes off so a 'family' with small kids can sit together.  Sciatica 3275847336  Of course the 'family' of regular travellers are very much aware of this too and so no point in paying extra. On the way out me and Jack both had window seats but 2 rows apart. I was next to a young lady with nobody in aisle seat and she dissappears so I shout to Jack get your ass here boy. Too bloody slow he was. Mr and Mrs Muslim beat him to it. Well, we did leave from Luton. Sciatica 3025408739  Luckily for them they didnt try to engage in conversation with me.  Sciatica 2419626307  Once that planes taken off we are in lawless zone to a certain extent. I can make my views known very clearly. And this was before the Manchester bombing.
    On another thingy, I'm pissed now so cant think of the word, when we got back to Luton on Wednesday we were waiting for the bus to the car park, a 2 roll up wait by the way, same as going out. It would be quicker to walk. 3 cops walking about, 2 with AK47s or summat and one with a retriever doggy. I say to Jack hope you aint got no weed on you pal. Cops walk up to a hen party bunch of birds next to us all with t-shirts on saying Ibiza tour. Where are you off to girls says one sad frustrated cop? Sciatica 3275847336 Err, Ibiza.  Sciatica 1498946960  So either he cant read or he is just totally thick. And there he is holding a weapon that can take out an entire bus queue in 3 seconds. Cop with dog then comes up and sniffs our bags, nothing to worry about he says, gun dog????? On his collar, the dogs, it says explosives. Yes, the cop was right in a way, it is a gun dog, its a fecking retriever.................
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 27 May 2017 - 8:27

Well, not to be outdone, up here in Scotland our traffic wardens have extremely sharp pencils! lol! I think they are putting armed officers on patrol at Hampden today though for the cup final.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 27 May 2017 - 15:30

Going back to Vinces post about paying to sit on a certain seat on a plane, I do, cos I'm POSH, that's Port Out Starboard Home, I like a window seat so I get a view of England, France, Portugal, sometimes Madera, and Tenerife, reverse order on way back, I also like to be as far in front of the wing/engine as possible, unrestricted view and less noise... So last holiday we're looking at flights, silly prices, £150 per person each way, Annie comes home from work says she'd seen flights at £26, I say book them, she says I have, have you booked seats I ask, yip she says and hands me the paperwork, I look at the seat numbers, they're well down the plane, I pull up Ryanairs seating plan on the iPad, we're right at the rear of the wing where all the noise comes out the engines, we are port out and starboard home but we ain't gonna see a thing apart from the wing,,, I say why you pick those seats they're the worst on the plane, no view, engine noise and the trolley dolly takes an hour to get to you,,, Arghhhhhh... She says I booked the flights, computer asked do you want to book seats, she says yes, computer asks do you want to pick your own or let the us allocate you the best available seats, she goes for second option,,, so the dozzy cow paid £24 to let a computer allocate us the worst seats on the plane,,, I'll say it again,,, Arghhhhhhhhhh

Sciatica 1498946960 Sciatica 1498946960 Sciatica 1498946960
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 27 May 2017 - 18:18

front row or at worst 2nd row, i have window and Janet the middle, very rare somebody has the other so we have a row, hate sitting with plebs Sciatica 1483819851
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 27 May 2017 - 18:28

Remember once on a Tenerife flight, and I think it was this experience that made me start booking seats, was allocated seats right at the rear of the plane next to the toilets,,, people constantly queuing beside you to get in toilet, stink from toilets, plus them seats don't recline, Arghhhh,, ,on the positive side you do get served first by the trolley dolly...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 13:53