Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Landrover Defenders

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Landrover Defenders Empty Landrover Defenders

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 18:03

Saw these today. Are they worth anything Reg?

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Landrover Defenders Empty Re: Landrover Defenders

Post by Mcqueen Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 19:16

Since they stopped making them the prices have shot up, I heard Land rover was making 50 specials at £150k a pop, I have never owned one which is unusual, but then again i hate them
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 23:02

Got a bit of a love hate relationship with them...

Garage I served my time in we were agents for everything Land Rover being one of them, done two chassis changes on them due to accident damage, first one was an army radio communication vehicle, had two alternators fitted, one for the normal running of the vehicle, the other to power the radio equipment,,, everything was return earth wiring, two wires going to everything no to earth to the chassis, feckin nightmare... Fitted various accessories to new kit, winches, PTO (Power Take Off) kit to run agriculture equipment, etc...

Then when I got in to management, company I worked for had a Land Rover as part of workshop kit for towing in broken down vehicles, was always in workshop for maintenance, it eventually died due to a rusty chassis, so I look for a replacement thinking deffo not another Land Rover,,, I look at all the other similar kit available, I'm looking at second hand kit as vehicles use was small, none of the oppositions specification came near the Land Rovers spec, so started looking for another one,,, boy was there a lot of shit out there, amount of kit on offer with undeclared chassis damage was unreal,,, eventually found something in reasonable condition, refurbished it through our workshop so it goes on road as like a new vehicle,,, but despite the low mileage we done with the vehicle its always needed workshop attention...

Loved doing gearbox jobs on them, normal gearbox, then the high/low ratio transfer box bolted to that and the four wheel drive bit, plus the handbrake assembly brake drum bit at the end, great fun to play with...

Pet hate, apart from them being the shittiest thing to drive,,, the front wheel drive tractor hubs rusting and pissing oil everywhere, my fix for that, 20% EP140 gear oil mixed with 80% grease in them hubs rather than just oil, worked a treat...

As said love hate relationship,,, and must say was a bit sorry to hear production was stopping, but would I pay £150k for one,,, mmmm, let me think, No.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 6 Feb 2018 - 0:36

Of course they are. Landrover Defenders 3025408739  Look almost new ffs! They will likely still be about 30 years after your fiesta has turned its last wheel.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 6 Feb 2018 - 16:42

It turned 40,000 last week! Landrover Defenders 3025408739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 22:54