Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
Mermaid
Campbell Brodie
Perfectspecimen
Mcqueen
zdeekie
9 posters

We will all need a good meet-up after this.

zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

We will all need a good meet-up after this. Empty We will all need a good meet-up after this.

Post by zdeekie Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 15:13

Hi  Hope everyone is keeping safe & well 

I think once we come out the other side of this we will all be in need of a break so how about having our annual meet up in Tenerife this year. I know Dermot is holidaying last few weeks in October so would be a great idea to try & get a weekend ( or week etc depending on time everyone has ) in place then . 

This is only an idea & any thoughts are welcome We will all need a good meet-up after this. 294053457

STAY SAFE EVERYONE We will all need a good meet-up after this. 4248600970 x
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

We will all need a good meet-up after this. Empty Re: We will all need a good meet-up after this.

Post by Mcqueen Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 15:28

What about the parking ? Transport
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

We will all need a good meet-up after this. Empty Re: We will all need a good meet-up after this.

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 3:01

Yeah, it will be rammed lol. Dont forget there may well be a second round of this COVID 19. As history shows. Could be milder or more deadly. However I am up for a meet in Tenerife. There are many current users I havent met. My son who had motorbike accident will probably be living out there by then. He has the same syndrome the Greta Thurberg has FFS. If he starts on about electric vehicles just give him a slap and he will shut the feck up. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 8:00

Cam Trish flights are cheap if you book now, We will all need a good meet-up after this. 1913075024 Scotch git  We will all need a good meet-up after this. 2687775983
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 9:06

You can't book anything just now until we know when they will fly again. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 1913075024 I've already got 2 major holidays I don't know what's going to happen to, I don't want to add to them just yet. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

Post by zdeekie Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 7:05

Same here Cam should be away now We will all need a good meet-up after this. 1629994992  June & then September & December hope everything’s back to normal then.

I put this on here mainly  to see if there was any interest x
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 7:18

Once this is over then I love the idea. At the moment I cannot see we will be able to go away this year. As Cam says we have two holidays already booked and paid for and possibly not be going on them.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 8:55

Mcqueen wrote:What about the parking ? Transport

Ringo innit... We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 2:11

I have flight booked for May 2nd. Kev said I am crazy but still hopeful. Get money back or credits but its was only about 55 quid return anyway if its cancelled. Well cheap for end of May as well which is when my Birthday is. Whitsun week is normally mega bucks so might fill me boots. Major thing is I need to repossess my apartment ASAP. Twat who was going to buy it has failed to pay deposit and has keys and he will let it leaving me in lurch. Yeah, I'm just too fecking stupid/soft/trusting. I just have to learn that, surprising though it is, some people have less morals than me and have a good nights kip. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 16779677
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 9:37

Send big K round to repo it and change the locks We will all need a good meet-up after this. 506932706
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 13:30

Mcqueen wrote:Send big K round to repo it and change the locks We will all need a good meet-up after this. 506932706

He could have a problem if it's full of idle looky looky men  We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    angusjim
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 877

Post by angusjim Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 18:34

Perfectspecimen wrote:I have flight booked for May 2nd. Kev said I am crazy but still hopeful. Get money back or credits but its was only about 55 quid return anyway if its cancelled. Well cheap for end of May as well which is when my Birthday is. Whitsun week is normally mega bucks so might fill me boots. Major thing is I need to repossess my apartment ASAP. Twat who was going to buy it has failed to pay deposit and has keys and he will let it leaving me in lurch. Yeah, I'm just too fecking stupid/soft/trusting. I just have to learn that, surprising though it is, some people have less morals than me and have a good nights kip. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 16779677
    I have booked flights for December 30th fingers crossed We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3481995571 but a slight problem is getting travel insurance that includes Coronavirus. 
    Have you managed to get insurance ?
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 23:16

What do you mean "includes Coronavirus"? That you might catch it or that the holiday might be cancelled because of it?
    angusjim
    angusjim

Post by angusjim Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 7:35

3rdforum wrote:What do you mean "includes Coronavirus"? That you might catch it or that the holiday might be cancelled because of it?
    Below is what we received by text from RBS 
    Any trips booked, or insurance purchased on or after 18th March 2020 will not be covered for any claim relating to Coronavirus, as this is now a known event.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 8:21

angusjim wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:What do you mean "includes Coronavirus"? That you might catch it or that the holiday might be cancelled because of it?
    Any trips booked, or insurance purchased on or after 18th March 2020 will not be covered for any claim relating to Coronavirus, as this is now a known event.
    thanks for that. If we do manage to get one of our already booked holidays later in the year,we shall have to amen our Ins which we already have.
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

Post by zdeekie Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 8:44

Every trip taken when this is over will have to have travel insurance including cover for Coronavirus I would think to cover yourselves x
    angusjim
    angusjim

Post by angusjim Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 9:13

Mermaid wrote:
    angusjim wrote:
    thanks for that. If we do manage to get one of our already booked holidays later in the year,we shall have to amen our Ins which we already have.
    You should be OK as you have purchased your insurance already but deffo get it checked out to be sure We will all need a good meet-up after this. 1498946960

Have read thru below may help as I assume most will be similar 
    https://www.supportcentre-rbs.co.uk/Searchable/1466809012/I-m-worried-about-Coronavirus.htm
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 13:16

Thanks AJ
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 16:17

Well that's the flights paid for January ,this years annual insurance has been a complete waste of time and money but no doubt the nice people at the insurance company will give us a good discount when renewal time comes round .[no chance]
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 1:03

You dont need insurance. As you can see its a total waste of time. Any reason not to pay they will jump at. I have just renewed my EHIC card, it will be valid until at least 31st December or if I am out there on that date and beyond until I return home. BE aware that a common get out clause for these shyster companys is they wont pay if you dont have a EHIC card. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 2419626307 Or if you are drunk when injured etc etc. At the end of the day I have credit cards to the value of 30k if thats what it takes to save my silly ass.
    Just booked flights with Jet2 for whitsun me and Patsy £80 each. Paid with credit card for extra peace of mind. Noticed on the paying part on the Jet2 site you can redeem your credits if you had a previously cancelled flight.
    Kev already has a new lock set for my door and permission to do the deed, in safety of course. I even have a plan if theres an occupant in there...... Knock knock, maintenance, some ones nicked all the spare keys so we have to change locks.......... Thankyou sir. Now take yourself down to reception and tell them you have been ousted.  We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    angusjim
    angusjim

Post by angusjim Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 9:21

Perfectspecimen wrote:You dont need insurance. As you can see its a total waste of time. Any reason not to pay they will jump at. I have just renewed my EHIC card, it will be valid until at least 31st December or if I am out there on that date and beyond until I return home. BE aware that a common get out clause for these shyster companys is they wont pay if you dont have a EHIC card. We will all need a good meet-up after this. 2419626307 Or if you are drunk when injured etc etc. At the end of the day I have credit cards to the value of 30k if thats what it takes to save my silly ass.
    Just booked flights with Jet2 for whitsun me and Patsy £80 each. Paid with credit card for extra peace of mind. Noticed on the paying part on the Jet2 site you can redeem your credits if you had a previously cancelled flight.
    Kev already has a new lock set for my door and permission to do the deed, in safety of course. I even have a plan if theres an occupant in there...... Knock knock, maintenance, some ones nicked all the spare keys so we have to change locks.......... Thankyou sir. Now take yourself down to reception and tell them you have been ousted.  We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    Its ok for you yer loaded us poor Scots have to coont the pennies  We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:11

Last year I went down with pneumonia in G.D.S. our apartments had an agreement with Excellent healthcare at the top of G.D.S. whereby the maximum any guest would pay was 160 euro , no matter the treatment ,I was an outpatient for 3 days and had oxygen every day ,anti biotic iand steroid injections every day and on the final day was given hydro -cortozone injection plus a full course of antibiotic tablets and a full medical check up and report [in Spanish] and all it cost me was 160 euro ,so what I'm saying is check with your complex to see if they have a similar agreement
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:26

searcher wrote:Last year I went down with pneumonia in G.D.S. our apartments had an agreement with Excellent healthcare at the top of G.D.S. whereby the maximum any guest would pay was 160 euro , no matter the treatment ,I was an outpatient for 3 days and had oxygen every day ,anti biotic iand steroid injections every day and on the final day was given hydro -cortozone injection plus a full course of antibiotic tablets and a full medical check up and report [in Spanish] and all it cost me was 160 euro ,so what I'm saying is check with your complex to see if they have a similar agreement

I huvnae got a complex... We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:29

Says the poisoned dwarf...

We will all need a good meet-up after this. 2761542443
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:30

Angry3 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 506932706 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 506932706 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 206331103 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3417148095 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3012860646 We will all need a good meet-up after this. 3025408739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 2 Jun 2024 - 8:25