Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
Mermaid
koenteddybear
7 posters

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

koenteddybear
    koenteddybear

UK Male Posts : 1

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? Empty Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

Post by koenteddybear Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 0:47

When is carnaval to take place in Santa Cruz , Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos?
    On which dates??
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? Empty Re: Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

Post by Mermaid Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 7:39

I am sure one of our members will be along soon with that info.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? Empty Re: Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

Post by Topdog Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 9:34

The big day is Ash Wednesday, but there are many goings on in and around that day. It is spectacular.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 10:18

I will let you lot have a sneak preview of my Things to do in February which will be published near the end of the month. It says

Santa Cruz (25th January to 26th February) The first weeks consist of competitions for the clowns, dance troupes, floats and the election of the Carnaval Queens. The partying starts in earnest with the Opening Parade and although there is a Closing Parade celebrations continue for several more days.

17th Opening Parade
    21st Main or Closing Parade, from 4 pm.
    22nd Burial of the Sardine A huge papier-mâché fish is carried through the streets accompanied by a throng of ‘mourners’ including pregnant men, bawling women and priests who set the fish alight at the end of the parade. Followed by yet another excuse for more fireworks.
    26th Parade of Vintage Cars 10 am.

Puerto de la Cruz (16th to 25th February) (no opening parade this year due to cutbacks !!)

22nd Burial of the Sardine
    24th High Heels Drag Marathon a particular favourite of Puerto de la Cruz rounds off Carnaval and where Lily Savage lookalikes race around an obstacle course on heels as high as stilts.
    25th Closing Parade.

Los Gigantes (1st to 5th March) the theme is Tropical

Los Cristianos always the last to confirm their carnival dates so we should be grateful they have announced the dates as 3rd to 11th of March but as yet no schedule.

If you want more information or the background to Carnaval you can find it here http://www.carnavaltenerife.es/cartel-2012

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 18:09

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 3452639002 To new member Koenteddybear. A brit in Belgium eh? Not Adinkerke then by any chance?
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 23:54

Well I am gonna bounce this cos in case you haven't noticed here is a new member who has actually posted, and apart from me has been ignored. Or is there something I dont know?
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 7:56

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 3570411099koenteddybear.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 10:46

Perfectspecimen wrote:Well I am gonna bounce this cos in case you haven't noticed here is a new member who has actually posted, and apart from me has been ignored. Or is there something I dont know?

Vince some of us welcomed Koenteddy when he first joined !! 🤣 https://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com/t1688-koenteddybear
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 11:33

As I have given up on welcoming new members who not to post at all I am now saying hello and Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 2610016412 to Koenteddy. Stick with us.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 13:25

Does anyone know of any festivals taking place in July?
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 18:28

I do apologise Gypsy, must have passed me by. And like Innit says I only talk to posters not strangers. No, forget that, youre all bloody strange on here. Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 19:12

3rdforum wrote:Does anyone know of any festivals taking place in July?

Remind me closer to the time and I will sort out exact dates.

Dia de la Trilla. Is an ingenious way to get the wheat threshed by displaying agricultural practices that haven’t changed in hundreds of years. The wheat is spread out, horses race around, then children get on boards and are dragged around by a couple of oxen. In the process, the wheat is threshed and the locals sell homemade jams and cheeses from their stalls in El Tanque.

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 4848598203_c5a3308998 Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? 3762407716_70372fb6b1_o

On the day of the Traditions of Chirche, people re-enact the lives of the Canarians from over half a century ago. Old houses, which are uninhabited are open so that visitors can explore in detail to learn how the inhabitants used to live. Visitors can also see bread and roof tiles being made. Taste typical foods, such as trucha or mistela, a coffee liqueur, which can also be bought and taken home to complete a perfect day.

Virgen del Carmen Celebrated in Tenerife’s many fishing villages. Thousands of people gather at the port to watch the procession of the virgin through the streets and into a decorated boat. Dozens of fishing boats accompany the Virgin and sail round the coast and as they return there are beautiful firework displays. The best places to see this is Los Cristianos, Las Galletas and Puerto de la Cruz.

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? July-fiestas-puerto-de-la-cruz-tenerife-2010

The Fiesta of San Benito Abad has been declared of National Interest to Tourism. Thousands of visitors to La Laguna take the tour that starts at the San Benito Abad chapel and continues through the historical centre of the town. Highlights include tasting traditional dishes such as Canarian wrinkly potatoes and gofio, which are generously handed out to participants.

The great photos were taken by my mate Jack (of pill box fame) who gave me permission to use them in my blog.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? Empty 2011 carnival Ash Wednesday.

Post by Topdog Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 23:35

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Carnaval 2012 in Santa Cruz, Puerto Cruz and Los Cristianos, Tenerife? Empty Get down with the locals !!!

Post by Gypsy Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 14:49

I have spoken about my friend Jack a few times. Here is a vid he has put on YouTube - what you get if you go outside the resorts.

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 14:55

great thank you gypsy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 22:01