Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+7
Mischief Maker
Campbell Brodie
Adam Mint
Mcqueen
Topdog
Mermaid
Cruella de Vil
11 posters

Dogs and cats diary...

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 Empty Re: Dogs and cats diary...

Post by Topdog Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:38

When I lost my boy 2 years ago, Barney Jim.....I said never again, it cut me up so much. We were in Tenerife 4 months later and Billy from the rescue centre phoned to say he had heard we had lost Barney and said he would have died 10 years before that if we had not taken him, 6 homes he had had. He said we should consider another dog, not to replace but because what we can do for a dog and also because there is a big hole to fill. We said no, but we checked the website. We saw Alfie, then he was re-homed,then he was back, we phoned up to enquire but were told he had been re-homed again. We then had a phone call from Billy to say yet again Alfie was coming back and may have to be put down as he is so boisterous with other dogs, not vicious. We said bring him over, he is now fab and sorted, no match on Barney as he is completely different, I would not want him to be the same. He will go down in my history along with Barney for all the right reasons. It has been very hard to get him sorted, but Barney was a nightmare to start. Never use a lead with my dogs, apart from around town or when I first get them, no violence, just understanding.
    Never say Never.
    Linus was special as was Barney Jim, no-one can ever take that or replace it but others can also take a different pride of place, if it means a few weeks of heart ache and 11 years of joy for both me and the animal, I will always have one.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:50

Yeh but £81, Now that did smart, Only joking, Its how i deal with things, I'm 57 and never been without a cat, But i just dont want the responsability anymore, I have Claude and Harry that call daily, Claude has been funny for a few weeks now, He used to barge in and nick lynus's food, Lately he just sat and watched lynus eat, I dont believe in hocus pocus, but cats know things, This morning he brushed against lynus and walked off ?, Claude Denson not eating ? Blady strange that one, Claude has Harrys share of legs, Harry dont have much, And claude has too much, Plus he walks like the pink panther, Tail straight up, With a little bit at the top bent over, Claude has attitude, I like that,
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:37

Reg I'm crying here Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 1554180325 I have always said a man that likes and understands cats is a good man! mostly men think they are cool to only like a dog! Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 878948377 It's true what Kev says, you gave him a good life and yes Claude understands without a doubt! Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 2681204924 Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 4248600970
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 18:25

Can't disagree with that. Our big Boy Tigger, massive king of the jungle Ginger tolerates Poppy but we had a stray that was virtually on deaths door and we could not get near it, but used to put food out and tig would scare any cat away that went for that food. The stray has a new home over the road at our friends house and the two have punch ups now t'other mog is fit.
    They know without a doubt.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 18:32

Topdog wrote:Can't disagree with that. Our big Boy Tigger, massive king of the jungle Ginger tolerates Poppy but we had a stray that was virtually on deaths door and we could not get near it, but used to put food out and tig would scare any cat away that went for that food. The stray has a new home over the road at our friends house and the two have punch ups now t'other mog is fit.
    They know without a doubt.

I'm still crying Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 2681204924

You are right Kev, Rufus is crying for Micky now as he has not been home best part of the day, missing him playing with him. Yes Rufus he will be back just now Dogs and cats diary... - Page 3 2501716212
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 18:39

Claude just called round, normaly you open the door and whoosh he's in, I opened the door and he just sat there, I said come on Claude, He just sat looking ?, Fresh plate of food, No i'm off, Hope he perks up, Loads of food left,
    scottishshiv
    scottishshiv

England Posts : 123

Post by scottishshiv Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 20:43

animal just have senses we dont understand. We have moved a long way since guide dogs, its amazing that they have assistance dogs for epilepsy, who can sense an attack coming on and warn the human, same thing with diabetes. i dont think the scientists know how they do it, they just know they can. Im sure the other cat can sense the absence of his pal and your emotions, he will be back for his dinner tomorrow.xx
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 21:21

thinking of you today reg and agree that you did the right thing.
    i am sitting crying looking at wee mischief and can't imagine having to do what you did
    x
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 21:27

They have dogs that can sense cancer too.
    They say cats that wander are not always homeless they can sense a more loving home, try and find something on that.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 22:16

To tell you the truth i was expecting a bit of a fight with the vet, You hear storys of them keeping animals going , just to extract money from you, They know they can fleece you because you would pay anything to keep them alive, But i must say the lady vet who was chinese or malaysian ? or some other slanty eyed place was really good, She gave him a once over and asked me what i thought, i just said (In between blubbing) I dont want to keep him going if he's past his sell by date, She said he is really old, And we dont know what he is feeling, But he isnt good, So that was it, joint decision , Adios, I'm out of here, Thank you all for the kind words, It helps me realise i made the right decision, £81 though, Bassa's
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 22:20

Good lad Reg, had a blub, nowt wrong with that chap.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 16 Feb 2012 - 11:56

Been struggling myself all week and have only just seen this now. Well done for doing the right thing Reg. Hate seeing anything suffer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 23:00