Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mermaid
Gypsy
6 posters

Seems we are too late....

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Seems we are too late.... Empty Seems we are too late....

Post by Gypsy Mon 28 May 2012 - 9:06

I have only just seen this and sadly we are all too late to take part in World Naked Gardening day. Next year maybe Seems we are too late.... 2419626307

*warning naked images*
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Seems we are too late.... Empty Re: Seems we are too late....

Post by Mermaid Mon 28 May 2012 - 16:00

Seems we are too late.... 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 28 May 2012 - 16:36

Wait 'til Bill and Ben find Barbie...Ken will get the elbow...
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:06

Explicit content......... Seems we are too late.... 506932706
    erlie
    erlie

USA Female Posts : 87

Post by erlie Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 2:15

Haha. Ken is the one having his leg trying to reach that cold frame. I always like Ken and Barbie. They are fun couple! They have nice growing peas in their garden.

I have grown peas in my garden this summer, and it's delicous! I had grown to corn, tomatoes, green beans, green peppers, cucumbers and summer squash. The tomatoes and peppers I bought it and were already grown in pots and I dig a hole and bury the plants in there. The corn, peas, cucumbers, summer squash and beans were started from seeds and took almost 10 days to grow. I started sowing it from first week of June, as it needs some warm temperature at least 65 to 70 degrees. By late August I started harvesting, and cook it as I have summer cookout with friends and family. That was fun!

On early spring I enjoyed watching all my ornamental flowering trees bloom in full circle. I have flowering Dogwood in pink and white, Kwansan Pink Cherry tree, Early White Washington cherry tree, Ornamental Pink Peach tree, Flowering White Pear tree, Eastern Redbud tree, Star White Magolia tree, Pink Magnolia tree, Pink Crabapple flowering tree blooming like crazy in all their glory. Aside from ornamental, I also have some green tree such as Maple trees, Oak trees, and Junipers.

Aside from growing vegeatables, I also take time attending my landscape from front yard to the back. I planted mostly perennials bushes like Red Roses, Daylilies, Blue and Pink Hydrangeas, Pink Astilbes, Hostas for green effect, so I don't have to keep changing every year. I have annuals mostly on the front yard of my house so to spruce up with beautiful colors all summer long , such as petunias, african daisies, zinnias, african inpatients, daylilies, and mandevilla flowers. Of all the summer flowers, I like the mandevilla flower for their summer heat resistance even if water is absent for a few days, they don't dropped or die from the summer heat and of course the flowers constantly keeps on blooming which I love to look at!

Ranting, ranting excuse me. Okay I'm done talking about my garden on the cold winter day. It is 19 degrees . All I can say is.. Brrr, I need lots of blanketsSeems we are too late.... 1554180325
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 14:22

10 days to grow a cucumber from seed? Seems we are too late.... 2419626307
    This genetic engineering is coming on fast eh, if you'll excuse the pun.....
    erlie
    erlie

USA Female Posts : 87

Post by erlie Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 0:06

Perfectspecimen wrote:10 days to grow a cucumber from seed? Seems we are too late.... 2419626307
    This genetic engineering is coming on fast eh, if you'll excuse the pun.....

Sometimes a few days earlier when weather permit between 65-70. Where I live the season is a little bit colder, so that affected the germination of the cucumbers especially at night when temperature on month of June dropped to 48-50 degrees and sometimes on day time also. I remember a few season back, the temperature on July was almost first week of spring and my cucumber had died after a week of germinating from seeds. So, I have to restart again and it set back the harvesting time schedule. But, I enjoyed planting so I do it over again if I have to.

Thanks for your insight on about cucumber info. Appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:07