Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route.

Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. Empty Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route.

Post by Daryn Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 13:00

Right so we hit the coast so I asked our Kate to pick which direction we would go and she said right towards Sunderland so off we went.

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090624

Cutting across the grass (Leas) heading for the cliff edge route.
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090625

First stop was the Souter Lighthouse check out the size of the fog horns, this is where South Shields ends and Whitburn begins. This
    is a national trust site
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090626

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090627

This whole area is protected and great for walkers, joggers and bike riders.
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090629

There is lots of little coves all along the coast some I had never seen before
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090630

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090631

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090632

The humps you can see in the grass area or there to stop stray bullets as this is a recently closed TA / army training site.
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090633

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090634

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090635

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090636

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090637

In the distance you can see Sunderland
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090638

At this point we were just approaching Seaburn
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090639

Would love a house along here over looking the sea sitting on the balcony and taking in the view on a hot summer day
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090640

Well that was it Minchellas ice cream in sight so we had to stop of and have a diet ice cream eremmm hehehe
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090642

There is a great little beach along seaburn which takes you all the way to Roker
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090643

This is a lovely house that has been renevated and up for sale, the views from its balcony are stunning ,mind at £750,000 not sure if they will manage that.
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090644

This used to be a great bar but I think it is in need of some updating now, made out of train carraiges it is unusual but the idea was taken
    from our own South Shields pub The Rattler
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090645

Roker piers, at this point we were only about a mile of Sunderland
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090646

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090647

The Roker Hotel this was the first venue I done my DJing in, I also think it was where our member Graham and Allison had there wedding
    reception many years ago. This is where I realised I had the camera on the wrong setting, dohhhhhhhh
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090648

Time to turn around and head back with the wind against us, it was a hard little slog, Kates poor little legs lol.
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090649

Go Kate its all down hill
    Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090650

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. P1090643

I think we covered more miles than what I first thought as Sunderland is approx 6miles from our home by road we had taken the
    winding coastal route but used the roads coming back, I estimate about 8miles in total.

MORE INFORMATION

National Trust /Souter Lighthouse [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    A bit more info on Seaburn and Roker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Roker beach live webcam [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. Empty Re: Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route.

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:27

Excellent post Daryn. Love the photos... Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. 3318427985 I see you nipped over to Holland to see the windmills then took a wee trip up to Scotland. (Signpost seems to be sponsored by RBS!). lol! Looked like a great day out mate. I'm going to nip down to Blyth one of these weekends...looks a nice area. Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. 294053457
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. Empty Re: Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route.

Post by Daryn Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:59

Dont think there is a great deal at Blyth mind as Ive dropped pees off there a few times, even Whitley Bay further down the coast now doesnt have much to offer as the fairground was closed.

South Shields is only about 18 miles extra from Blyth
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 18:12

Fair dos, I'll go there then! Whitburn, Seaburn and Roker coastal route. 294053457
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 18:12

Kate must have been tired after that trip. Lovely post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:54