Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only).

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). Empty How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only).

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:42

How to stop ads on Google Chrome.

For Google Chrome users, click on this link Ad-block for Chrome
    and download the add-on.
    Follow the simple instructions and you will be ad-free.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). Empty Re: How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only).

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 20:47

I did this this morning and sent the link to OH he has also now downloaded it and we both think it is excellent. Thanks LR How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). 1148861124
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). Empty Re: How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only).

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 20:55

Gypsy wrote:I did this this morning and sent the link to OH he has also now downloaded it and we both think it is excellent. Thanks LR How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). 1199265026

Good on you Gypsy! If everybody that has ads does this then we can save ourselves having to pay for the host to disable the ads. How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). 3318427985

Edit: If you are a Firefox user then there is another thread with an add-on for it. How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 20:59

Well done You two.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:19

For some reason today I have had ads appearing on the forum. As you know I added Adblock a while ago but it seems that the latest batch managed to bypass it. I have now removed Adblock and installed AdblockPLUS which is working a treat.
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

How To Stop Ads On Google Chrome (Chrome Users Only). Empty update the rules

Post by betty swollocks Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:26

Gypsy wrote:For some reason today I have had ads appearing on the forum. As you know I added Adblock a while ago but it seems that the latest batch managed to bypass it. I have now removed Adblock and installed AdblockPLUS which is working a treat.
    Have you set the rules to update automatically .

Add this set of filters to your program Fanboy Adblock List It should also be added to firefox adblock as well if not already using.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:33

betty swollocks wrote:

Have you set the rules to update automatically .

Add this set of filters to your program Fanboy Adblock List It should also be added to firefox adblock as well if not already using.

I have done Nuffink, only downloaded as directed by LR. As for the link you have just give .......... ¿qué?
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:36

OK, ignore the previous post. I have just clicked on Adblock Plus Options and come up with a tabbed page the second tab being add filters.

It then says ...Your filter must follow the Adblock Plus filter syntax. Certain filter types, like object-subrequest, are not supported...

So I assume I copy some of the above stuff and paste it in the box provided, but which one of the three do I add or do I put them all in?
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

Post by betty swollocks Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:39

Gypsy wrote:OK, ignore the previous post. I have just clicked on Adblock Plus Options and come up with a tabbed page the second tab being add filters.

It then says ...Your filter must follow the Adblock Plus filter syntax. Certain filter types, like object-subrequest, are not supported...

So I assume I copy some of the above stuff and paste it in the box provided, but which one of the three do I add or do I put them all in?

I use firefox so chrome is a bit new to me.
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

Post by betty swollocks Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 18:42

You can view the rules as a text file on line . try copying the text file to ad block and then pasting under a custom rule you create.
    Fanboys fourum

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 16:37