Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

New "Like" button.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

New "Like" button. Empty New "Like" button.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:25

I have added a new "Like" button which will show next to any new posts. (Down by the "Quote" and "Edit" buttons). If you like a post then click on it and the number of "likes" will go up by one. I am not adding a "dislike" button (I don't know how anyway), as people just muck about with it. You will also notice a "Reputation" under your avatar profile. It's necessary to activate this to make the "Like" button work, but just ignore it as some will have numbers on it from the previous skins we used.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

New "Like" button. Empty Re: New "Like" button.

Post by Topdog Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:30

Ta Hi
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:58

Isn't this just a "thanks" button in another guise? I thought we weren't going to go down that road cos it just gets silly after a while??
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 9:28

3rdforum wrote:Isn't this just a "thanks" button in another guise? I thought we weren't going to go down that road cos it just gets silly after a while??

It is really, but it is anonymous D. Plus when someone posts on the joke thread, it'll be easier to hit the "Like" than posting phrases such as "like it" or "very good" or whatever. And there is no "Dislike" button, which was the disadvantage of the "Thumbs up/down" system we had before, where if someone didn't like someone else they could just keep clicking a thumbs down. This "Like" can only be clicked the once by a user, so it can't really be abused. (It will "grey out" after you have clicked it), and as I say I'm not making a "Dislike" button 'cos we're all friendly on here. New "Like" button. 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 9:42

OK, now I understand where you are coming from. I gave 3rd a like because he was thinking the same as me - we weren´t going to go there. But now you have said about the posts that just say yeah, lol etc it makes a lot of sense so I've given you a like too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 18:22