Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Topdog
3rdforum
Perfectspecimen
Blyth Spirit
8 posters

Orthopaedics here I come

Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Orthopaedics here I come Empty Orthopaedics here I come

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 14:36

Appointment has arrived to see the knee surgeon at local hospital.

Reffered by my doctor after latest X-rays on my knees 1 year on shown its now severe osteoarthritis, tin and fib in my left leg (one that had cartridge removed in 1988) is badly misaligned hence why my leg locks back when a walk giving me a limp.

Still not sure they'll replace my knee joint as I 'too you' at 46 as they only last 10/15 year and a redo is a much more difficult operation than a new one.

Not doubt it will be an interesting chat on the 19th Orthopaedics here I come 878948377
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Orthopaedics here I come Empty Re: Orthopaedics here I come

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 15:00

Take the replacement mate and start saving for a smart wally trolly for your 60th birthday. Transport
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 15:52

Feck's sake Blyth, new knee, new diet?? Its a new doctor you need!
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 15:58

She's (yeah i know a women but my old doc retired) the one making things happen credit to her for doing something old doc didn't chase me up for blood pressure checks hence how its gone up unnoticed.
    If it wasn't for that bout of neuralgia I had I wouldn't have gone to docs that was first time in a year since last X-rays when he said just manage knee pain with ibuprofen !.

Need some sunshine that's what I need !.
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 21:38

Well, as expected too young for a knee replacement.

Accepted its severe arthritis and tib & fib severely misaligned so they want explore other avenues first so its a knee brace to try to ease the alignment back.
    Intensive physio to build up quads again, I have severe muscle wastage above both knees due to lack of mobility.
    All impact sports are taboo now no running (not that I can) swimming cycling light weights etc.
    Needed to keep my weight down (lost a stone already) and keep mobile to ease arthritis.

Said nowt about drinks so we've had a few tonight to bring in the Xmas spirit.

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 22:09

Glucosamine gel worksto ease pain but this stuff is brilliant "woodstock" stick it in ebay, brilliant gear for arfur.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 22:26

Jim takes Glucosamine - 2 tablets every morning and he is extremely fit for his age. He stopped taking them for about 6 months as I kept saying for gods sake you will rattle and in that short time his joints started to cease up. Back on them again for about 3 months and he is back to normal again. I should really take them because when I get down on my knees to wash floors reach back of cupboards etc, I get stuck and can´t get up again. Its horrible getting old.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 22:35

You really need at least 1000mg Glucosamine, but use with MSM or Chondroitin. I am actually the person that got it to run as a capsule or tablet in the UK, that is honest truth.
    I was a Granulation Supervisor and design tech for a large Pharmaceutical company. They could not get it to run as it is so hydroscopic. I used my chef's knowledge and and granulated and milled as a wet mix, then tumbled all lubricants and excipiants separate, before a fast short tumble just prior to encapsulation or compression. It kept its moisture that was added but gained no more, in fact the lubs took some away, the next stage also pushed out some moisture allowing a tablet of the right quality.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 22:37

I knew that Orthopaedics here I come 1483819851
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 23:31

Don´t know what you are on about TD but they are like bloody bit horse tablets.
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 0:51

We have an American freind who is a chiropractor in Seattle , now Jeff is an ex professional A.F.L. player who himself has knee trouble and he is a great believer in clucosamine sulphate but he recommended a minimum of 1000mg per day
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 6:41

Aye I take 1000mg tablet every night along with 1200mg high strength cod liver oil tablet we print labels for 'health' supplements company and get them at cost.

Gypsy, I bet Jim also benefits from the climate you live in, Orthopaedics here I come 3807563893I always feel much better when abroad within a day of being in the sun I'm more mobile than at anytime.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 9:35

You ever need any M we can bring them out. Glucosamine is crushed shrimp, or the natural is.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 16:16

Hahaha! You know you're getting older when you start having conversations about what prescription drugs you are using... Orthopaedics here I come 2485877773
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 16:56

Blyth Spirit wrote:Aye I take 1000mg tablet every night along with 1200mg high strength cod liver oil tablet we print labels for 'health' supplements company and get them at cost.

Gypsy, I bet Jim also benefits from the climate you live in, Orthopaedics here I come 3807563893I always feel much better when abroad within a day of being in the sun I'm more mobile than at anytime.

As a biker his knees were the first thing to go but he is fine now and yes the climate does help, when we go to our kids in the UK it only takes a week and we are both groaning with aches and pains.

Topdog wrote:You ever need any M we can bring them out. Glucosamine is crushed shrimp, or the natural is.

You are such a good guy TD thank you but he gets them sent from an online Healthspan.co.uk and they send him 6 months at a time. So we pick them up each time we are in the UK because their postage to UK is free.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 12:54

Gypsy wrote:Jim takes Glucosamine - 2 tablets every morning and he is extremely fit for his age. He stopped taking them for about 6 months as I kept saying for gods sake you will rattle and in that short time his joints started to cease up. Back on them again for about 3 months and he is back to normal again. I should really take them because when I get down on my knees to wash floors reach back of cupboards etc, I get stuck and can´t get up again. Its horrible getting old.

When i get down on my knee's to wash floors Orthopaedics here I come 3275847336, Yeh ok, but try using a mop, it has a long handle so you dont have to, I wont let Janet have a mop for that reason Orthopaedics here I come 1554180325, Keeps us both fit, But lets no go there on a family forum Orthopaedics here I come 1293740352

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 1 Jun 2024 - 22:13