Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+9
Adam Mint
BobMac
searcher
Topdog
3rdforum
Campbell Brodie
Mermaid
Gypsy
Chatty Cathy
13 posters

What do you think about 21st December ?

Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

UK Female Posts : 26

What do you think about 21st December ? Empty What do you think about 21st December ?

Post by Chatty Cathy Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 1:27

Hi just to say that I think that 21st Dec will just be another day for all of us, there has been so much hype about world ending on this day and film 2012 has alot to answer for. Well my works do is on that day, so don't want to miss that :) What are you all going to be doing and what do you think about it ?
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

What do you think about 21st December ? Empty Re: What do you think about 21st December ?

Post by Gypsy Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 8:54

It better not bloody end then I am going to buy a new telly today and would be really hacked off to find that in 2 days I won´t be able to use it.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

What do you think about 21st December ? Empty Re: What do you think about 21st December ?

Post by Mermaid Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 9:14

Chatty Cathy wrote:Hi just to say that I think that 21st Dec will just be another day for all of us, there has been so much hype about world ending on this day and film 2012 has alot to answer for. Well my works do is on that day, so don't want to miss that :) What are you all going to be doing and what do you think about it ?

I think it is all a lot of hype and it will just be another day as normal. Go and enjoy your works do and you can tell us all about it the next day. What do you think about 21st December ? 2811179292
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 16:12

It starts to get lighter in the evenings again after 21st. (Though you won't notice in UK 'til about bloody February!). What do you think about 21st December ? 1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 16:41

Gypsy wrote:It better not bloody end then I am going to buy a new telly today and would be really hacked off to find that in 2 days I won´t be able to use it.

What do you think about 21st December ? 3025408739 What do you think about 21st December ? 3025408739 What do you think about 21st December ? 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 19:40

I am going to have a beer to celebrate the end of the Mayan 13th calender.
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 20:20

Got tickets for SKYFALL and will be mad as hell if I can,t see it
    Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

Post by Chatty Cathy Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 22:30

What ever you are doing hope you all enjoy it :) I certainly will at my works do XX
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 15:45

Been there, seen it, done it all before !!

What do you think about 21st December ? 2012_w10
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 16:36

I'm so confident of the outcome I've ticked that one for you too...
    What do you think about 21st December ? 2012_w10
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 17:06

Unless I've missed the total disappearance of Australia it hasn't happened

What do you think about 21st December ? 2012_w11
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 17:08

Ah but it doesn't say you survived 1984
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 17:23

Topdog wrote:Ah but it doesn't say you survived 1984

We're still here aren't we !!!

weather :dance1: weather
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 17:43

We were in Chichen Itza years ago and this stuff was explained to us. Its not the end of the world, its the end of a particular cycle of years and the next one begins on Dec 22nd. I forget how long the cycles were but I think they go into thousands of years.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 18:15

144000 days is a cycle, I believe, which is 394 years in my book. This is the end of the 13th Mayan Calender and they say life will end, but they don't say how or why and it is seen as a translation of life as we know it. Some say certain astrological things cause life on Earth to evolve the way it does and this will be a new era where we wake up to reality.
    This means we will be saying to certain people enough is enough etc.....then making a stand for the Human race and its existence.
    They do believe in this due to the planets lining up we could have some unusual happenings on Earth tomorrow.
    It is also thought that the Number 11 will be very visible to people in the next few hours. The end of the 13th Mayan Calender is at 11 secs, 11 mins and 11hours GMT on 21/12/2012 (add the numbers up individually). And I won a raffle tonight with No. 11.
    Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

Post by Chatty Cathy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 0:45

I am still looking forward to my party later tonight :) Loads of rumours going around aren't there. Supposed to be darkness for 3 days. They say animals have a 6th sense and can tell when something is going to happen, so maybe they can warn us before hand, I will keep an eye on my dog and 2 cats and you say if any of your animals act a bit strange. Ours started eating the tinsel on the tree tonight, so might have no toys left on it by morning :) We will soon find out wont we ;) XX
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 3:10

Well, if I’m still here,,,! Monday won quiz, Tuesday won quiz, Tonight (Thursday) won quiz, what a way to end the year,,, Plus on Wednesday the pool team got through to the knockout final, a 4 –1 victory, only two problems with that, don’t ask who lost,,, and the finals on the 2nd January !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the feck do I live in England.....

What do you think about 21st December ? 1498946960
    Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

Post by Chatty Cathy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 4:09

Found this interesting link............. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 8:38

interesting thanks
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 9:10

Well I'm still here and I guess you are too

I have just read this on facebook and thought I would share it with you.

“So the world is supposed to be ending today huh? That’s bad.
    I never have found out who let the dogs out,
    the way to get to Sesame Street,
    why Dora doesn’t just use Google maps,
    why we don’t ever see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”,
    why women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed,
    why “abbreviated” is such a long word,
    why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons,
    why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections,
    why do you have to “put your two cents in” but it’s only a “penny for your thoughts”? Where’s that extra penny going to?
    Why did Joanie love Chachi?
    If a deaf person has to go to court is it still called a hearing?
    Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?
    Does the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune?
    Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs?
    And just what is Victoria’s secret?

You see, the world just has to keep going. I have too many questions! so Have a Nice Day
    Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

Post by Chatty Cathy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 9:16

Yes I am still here too :) I would like to wish everybody a Happy Friday and Winter Solctise. We can all look forward to the light nights again now :) XX
    Chatty Cathy
    Chatty Cathy

Post by Chatty Cathy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 9:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] another interesting link for you all to read :) XX
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 10:22

whoo hoo I have survived What do you think about 21st December ? 1293356558. Thanks for the links
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 10:41

Black Eye Friday is upon us, works do at local pub next to industrial estate missed last 2 with being in Tenerife but regretably can't get out of it today !.

Mayan bollocks isn't the worry today surviving the pub is, last Friday a director went to book it, arrived at pub at 4.50pm got home at 10pm !.

Turns out there was a shooting in the car park people inside knew nowt about it until a guy staggered into pub bleeding.

Apparently there was an on going spat between 2 'families' on North Tynesdie and they lured him to the car park to put him in his place.
    Pub is on a 5 way junction with easy access to major roads in & around Newcastle and outlying areas so was ideal for them to escape.
    Been all over the news here, everyone in th pub was questioned despite not even being aware of it happening Lance's car was impounded as the car park was littered with bullets seems they fired 12 but only hit him once !.
    He didn't get his car back until the Sunday afternoon and he lives closer to Sunderland than Newcastle.

So not bothered about any Mayan nonsense more worried about avoiding anyone moody dubious in the pub.

Oh it's a free bar so that should ease our concerns.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 10:46

Never heard of Black Eye Friday before. Enjoy yourself Blyth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 22:12