Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
6 posters

Classic Cars.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Classic Cars. Empty Classic Cars.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 10:00

Hey Reg, you're gonna be rich pal! Keep a hold of that classic car of yours as it will only go up in price.Classic Cars. 3
    BBC news
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Classic Cars. Empty Re: Classic Cars.

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 10:18

What you mean he is gonna be rich, he is a car dealer, all minted.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 11:31

Shut up Mary, I'm a mechanic that rolls about on the floor for a living,
    I usualy have a few cheaper type cars to sell as a bonus, just so we can have a holiday, and jam on our toast, It must be nice to have a proper job, one that you know you will get payed at the end of the week; were as being self employed you never know,
    i have an old car because thats all i can afford, last time in tenerife we managed to rent a proper car, a citreon C3, wow i thought i'd died and gone to heaven, It had windows that went up and down, oh and a button that made it all cold in the car, I said to janet one day we may end up with one of these, stick with me love, She looked at me with those big eyes, i could tell she was impressed, Anyway health is more important, thats why i feel crap most days, I got my bum syrup end of the stick, innit
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 11:33

Underdog wrote:Shut up Mary, I'm a mechanic that rolls about on the floor for a living,
    I usualy have a few cheaper type cars to sell as a bonus, just so we can have a holiday, and jam on our toast, It must be nice to have a proper job, one that you know you will get payed at the end of the week; were as being self employed you never know,
    i have an old car because thats all i can afford, last time in tenerife we managed to rent a proper car, a citreon C3, wow i thought i'd died and gone to heaven, It had windows that went up and down, oh and a button that made it all cold in the car, I said to janet one day we may end up with one of these, stick with me love, She looked at me with those big eyes, i could tell she was impressed, Anyway health is more important, thats why i feel crap most days, I got my bum syrup end of the stick, innit

Yep, C3s always impress the chicks, that's why I got one... Classic Cars. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 11:36

I knew that,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 11:52

What kind of car you got UD?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 12:23

1970-mercedes 280 SL, known as a pagoda because of the roof, My 3rd one,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 12:28

Stunning car! Always had an air of sophistication. I expect this will continue especially with you as an owner! Princess Grace had one I think. Does this mean you're really Prince Rainier in disguise?? Classic Cars. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 13:05

I can do princess rainier impressions, Big list of people that have them, Stirling moss, David coulthard ,Elvis and pricila presly, Frank sinatra, then the girls, julie andrews, doris day, all them USA types, brit birds, Kate moss, geri haliwell, martina Mccutcheon, george micheal, etc, loads of folk, Oh and me, Twice the price of an E type when new, half the price now. Had a few E types but, not reliable, Dont get me wrong, an E type is a beautifull car, But i can go in my garage, get in the 41 year old merc, and drive to nice, without having to open the hood, i wouldnt get to dover in a E type, not what you want, People that dont know a thing about cars, stand looking at them, always somebody wants to talk when you go back to it, first question, how old is it, 41, wow it looks brand new, how long have you had it, etc, Parting question, how much is it worth, as much as you can get, innit, Janet ran a classic Renault 4 for 17 years, Bright yellow, nice gordini alloys, She would be in a queue in the shops round us, and when she got to the front, somebody would say Ah funny yellow car lady, notes under the windscreen wipers, will you marry me, it was well funny, pictures all over our house of cars we have had, Janet can name most cars we see out and about, and she's not really intrested, just part of our lives,
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 15:16

Nice Bangers.......................My Merc goes Monday.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 17:34

Heres my workhorse, yet another Merc. As I said before we know about quality on here......

Classic Cars. 00118
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 18:21

Good old bus that Vince, Like a pair of slippers, you just dont want to part with them at christmas, Quality
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 19:39

Patsy dont like driving my car, she says it wallows. Hers is like a go-cart, not a nice ride for us old gits. I much prefer a smooth ride, at her age its about time she got to enjoy wallowing...Classic Cars. 2501716212
    Topdog
    Topdog

Classic Cars. Empty my new motor

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 20:42

Classic Cars. BlobServer?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&blobwhere=1214384578707&blobkey=id
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 20:55

Your avatar feels the same way as me about your new car, and its colour says it all.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:01

What colour have you got Mary ?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 22:23

THAT IS THE ONE ARTHUR
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 22:35

Well' as long as you like it, Classic Cars. 3077217049 Personaly i would have kept quiet, Classic Cars. 1293740352

Joke dear, Its very nice.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 22:48

Good Techno though.

Active Park Assist
    Helps you park in spaces just 1.2 times the length of the car. After confirming the space is large enough, the system operates the steering while you control the pedals. Audio and visual guides help you manoeuvre. (Option as part of Convenience Pack).

Blind Spot Information System
    This high-tech visual aid is available to help make journeys more relaxing, especially on motorways. As another vehicle enters your blind spot, the system alerts you by illuminating a warning light in the relevant door mirror.
    Speed Limiter
    Available as part of cruise control, this system lets you set your top speed between 19 to 112 mph. The engine management system ensures you keep within your set limit, helping you concentrate on the road ahead rather than the speedometer. (Standard on C-MAX and Grand C-MAX Titanium).

Hill Start Assist
    This innovation prevents you from rolling backwards when making a hill start. After releasing the brake when stationary, the technology keeps the wheels braked and assists the driver to move away safely.

Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
    The state-of-the-art ESP is at the heart of many of the active safety features. It monitors the vehicle’s progress and is always ready to apply effective – and often imperceptible – intervention when required. While the system cannot be overridden, a new reduced assistance mode helps the vehicle in slippery traction situations such as getting the vehicle out of deep snow. ESP incorporates many of the following active safety features:

Emergency Brake Lights
    Switches on the hazard warning lights automatically during an emergency braking manoeuvre, to warn following cars.
    Electronic Brake Pre-fill
    When the vehicle recognises a potential emergency stopping situation, the ESP unit pre-charges the brake system, closing the gap between brake pads and discs to help reduce stopping distance.

Emergency Brake Assist
    Helps achieve the best possible braking during an emergency situation by increasing the brake pressure if the system senses that the driver has applied insufficient pressure.
    Traction Control
    Eliminates excessive wheel spin to guarantee optimal traction, performance and stability. By reducing engine torque, you're able to accelerate and pull away with the greatest efficiency.

Torque Vectoring Control
    Improves stability in tight corners by applying brake force to the inside wheel and transferring power to the outer wheel. Cornering is sure-footed thanks to the increased traction and reduced understeer.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 23:00

My o my, women will be able to park and start on hills! So much more to go wrong though Kev, so much. Reg will have to invest in more diagnostic gear too. Progress! Enjoy.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 23:10

Good thing about a new car though Vince is if it goes wrong, they pay.
    Hill assist is actually really good as I have it in the Merc. It saves having to handbrake or clutch hold on hill, just footbrake then as soon as you lift clutch to bite it releases.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 23:14

No hills where I live, and in Tenerife I have noticed they dont like to bother with handbrakes at all.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 23:20

Had one of those auto handbrakes on a hire car once, great till you are on a hill. As most hire cars first 2 gears a bit crap, in fact it did not like staying in first, as soon as you started to go it would jump out of 1st and and stall. Had to get the hb to release and smack it straight in second.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 10:54

Hire cars in tenerife seem to fit in very small spaces, No park assist, just watch in rear view mirror until car behind moves, simple innit,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 11:14

Underdog wrote:Hire cars in tenerife seem to fit in very small spaces, No park assist, just watch in rear view mirror until car behind moves, simple innit,

Like this Reg?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 19:59