Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off

Anonymous

How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off Empty How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 14:22

I have just answered this question on another forum and thought it might be useful to add it here too.

The question went along the lines of I was ripped off by those camera salespeople while on holiday and now I am aggrieved that I was taken for a mug who expected to get something for nothing so will have a moan about the island.

------------------

The way to go is to complain. Do it through every means available and hopefully these people will realise that their scams are not going to work.

If you are still on the island your first point of call should be to the trader themselves you should ask for a complaint sheet “Hoja de Reclamaciones” There is a legal requirement for all establishments to have these. They are carbonised forms made up of a white copy (for the authorities), a pink copy (for the establishment) and a green copy (for the person making the complaint). The establishment must fill in their identification details.

You may also make a complaint in person to the appropriate consumer (See OMIC details below)

According to the Canarian government’s own website, there are Oficinas Municipales de Informacion al Consumidor (Municipal Consumer Information Offices), which handle reclamations, at all the following addresses OMIC

This is a website IS IT FAIR set up to address unfair trading practises across Europe. It is an interesting site and includes examples of misleading advertising and a black list of unfair commercial practices one of which is: Traders who bait with one product and switch to promoting another. This is one of the ruses commonly used by cowboy camera salesmen in the Canaries.

European Consumer Centre in Spain their remit is specifically to aid non-Spanish nationals who have had their consumer rights violated in Spain. In other words, if you are a Brit who was sold a pig in a poke in Tenerife – they are there to help you!

They - advise consumers on their consumer rights, act as mediators in cross-border complaints and claims and provide information and promote EU and national legislation and case law
    visitoroftenerife

UK Male Posts : 4

How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off Empty Re: How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off

Post by visitoroftenerife Fri 15 Mar 2013 - 12:44

this is very useful in my case.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off Empty Re: How to complain if you feel you have been ripped off

Post by Topdog Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 9:13

A couple of weeks back we bought a big climbing santa that lights up from a Garden centre. This was the one down fro Guaza, turn left at Palm Mar roundabout. It was originally 48.35 euro, but on offer for 24.18 euro. We took it out of the packet on Sunday and it only lit halfway. 
    We took it back but could not find the receipt, we did howether have all the packaging including the shops label with the discount and discount code.
    The woman at the desk said they could not change it as no ticket. I explained they knew it was their product and it is faulty. She said she would speak with the manager and came back saying, " we need the the ticket as we need to know what day yo bought it, these are old stock and we have had them for five years which is why they were reduced"
    Really, where was the sign to say this. She then went on to say I should have tried it before leaving the shop. Really, where? 
    " we try them for you sir". 
    So why has that lady just bought lights and no one has tried os offered to try them.
    Erm.
    "Sorry no refund."

Could I have a complaint sheet please.

Panic stations, full refund.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 9:27

good result then
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 9:31

Yes I logged on to here on my phone to just have a read as to the message above.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 11:00

might be a good thing to bump this thread every so often. Some great advice here. As Mermaid says, good result Kev.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 12:00

Agree we should, if people looking in and need help, just google what you need with Tenerifesforumoffun after. It will give you a link.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 13:52