Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras Empty Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras

Post by Gypsy Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 9:53

We ate at the above last night for the first time.  I didn´t take a camera because I thought it would be no different to any other Chinese restaurant.  So now I have to make a return visit because it was the best oriental food I have tasted anywhere and that includes CHINA!!

They don´t just do Chinese, but also Japanese and Thai.  Everything from sushi to volcano ribs, their Peking duck is to die for but nothing as common as chow mein!!

Staff lovely, decor modern, spotlessly clean, very posh loos and will be taking our visitors who arrive with Jim when he returns from the UK to this place.  I was going to say secret gem but it was packed so certainly no secret!!

PS: ......... Not expensive, about €20 per person for starter, main, pudding and drinks and unlike most places where you need to eat after a couple of hours, I am still full and can´t face breakfast.
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras Empty Re: Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras

Post by Joel David Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 10:46

Thanks for that Gypsy, I usually frequent The Great Wall on the San Blas top square, not because it's great  it's just ok and they are nice people but I do like Chinese (Cantonese) food and will give it a go. PS, did try the Hot Wok and you get what you pay for...lots of cheap junk.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras Empty Re: Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras

Post by Gypsy Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 11:33

I agree Joel, our friend Adam said we could go to the Wok but I had heard really bad reviews from others that this is how we ended up in Shan. My theory was if it looked horrible we were close enough to McDonalds to move on, but as it turned out it was a great find.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 12:40

We're out in April and love Oriental food.  Where is Shan in Las Chafiras ?
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 13:56

Sounds good, if you need to go anywhere whilst Jim away just shout and does he need airport drops and pick ups
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 14:12

Thanks hun, he is going with Andrew as he is passing at the right time and coming back there are a few of them as we will then have a houseful so probably get one of the big taxis.

It might be nice if we have an evening out though as it was difficult talking to Jan with all the music going on the other Saturday. I'll email you. xx

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 14:22

BobMac wrote:We're out in April and love Oriental food.  Where is Shan in Las Chafiras ?

Sorry Bob, missed your post.

It is at the far end of McDonalds car park (near Mercadona) in the place on this image that was called Tasca something or other  
    HERE
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 15:42

Aha, I was wondering why that car park was so full. You can see it from the bus, a handy pitstop.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 16:34

Thanks Gypsy

Will give it a try when we're out.   As we are staying on Golf Del Sur it will be handy.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 19:04

Heyup, everyone seems to be staying on Golf del Sur. Whats the attraction?
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 19:15

Perfectspecimen wrote:Heyup, everyone seems to be staying on Golf del Sur. Whats the attraction?

We come with friends and both wives work in schools so, as GDS isn't overrun with kids,  they prefer it.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 19:27

Two wives eh? Thats just greedy.  Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras 3025408739  
    More walley trolleys on GDS than kids, quieter but still dangerous. They have made special ramps for them at road junctions now. Just a blob of concrete laid in the road. Dangerous for the carts, (they fall off the sides upending the OAPS) motorists, cyclists and pedestrians. Guess that counts as progress.  Shan Oriental Restaurant, Las Chafiras 1498946960

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:29