Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Campbell Brodie
Blyth Spirit
6 posters

Lone Ranger might find this interesting...

Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Lone Ranger might find this interesting... Empty Lone Ranger might find this interesting...

Post by Blyth Spirit Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 14:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Lone Ranger might find this interesting... Empty Re: Lone Ranger might find this interesting...

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 16:11

Thanks BS. It was on too late for me last night, but I'll catch it on I-player. Here's my take on his photo, you can see why he makes money and I don't!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3025408739 
    Top photo is his, bottom 3 are mine...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Lone Ranger might find this interesting... Empty Re: Lone Ranger might find this interesting...

Post by Blyth Spirit Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 16:23

It's the resolution & contrast in his, suspect some photoshop 'wangling' might have occurred to get the contrast 

You could replicate it LR.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 16:42

The Lone Ranger wrote:Thanks BS. It was on too late for me last night, but I'll catch it on I-player. Here's my take on his photo, you can see why he makes money and I don't!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3025408739 
    Top photo is his, bottom 3 are mine...

2 mins in Picassa and it looks different. So that will be the sort of thing he does.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 16:47

I'm not a great fan of making photos different to what I see, but this guy likes to do it. Horses for courses innit. Gypsy you should get a job as a graphic designer or something!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3318427985 Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 294053457 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 17:45

No sheep in his,  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1483819851
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 17:50

The Lone Ranger wrote:I'm not a great fan of making photos different to what I see, but this guy likes to do it. Horses for courses innit. Gypsy you should get a job as a graphic designer or something!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3318427985 Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 294053457 

Like you Cam I take a picture and apart from straightening it and adding who it belongs to at the bottom I won´t change anything but I like to play around sometimes and see what can be done. It then makes you more aware when you see some of these super dooper images that not everything is real.  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1498946960 
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 19:51

Photos make me look 20 lb heavier!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1483819851
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 19:56

Zoom lens innit  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:28

Wide angle.
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 5:24

Gypsy wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:I'm not a great fan of making photos different to what I see, but this guy likes to do it. Horses for courses innit. Gypsy you should get a job as a graphic designer or something!  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3318427985 Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 294053457 

Like you Cam I take a picture and apart from straightening it and adding who it belongs to at the bottom I won´t change anything but I like to play around sometimes and see what can be done.  It then makes you more aware when you see some of these super dooper images that not everything is real.  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1498946960 
    And what's wrong with the one we already have 
     Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1483819851
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 9:10

Blyth Spirit wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:

Like you Cam I take a picture and apart from straightening it and adding who it belongs to at the bottom I won´t change anything but I like to play around sometimes and see what can be done.  It then makes you more aware when you see some of these super dooper images that not everything is real.  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1498946960 
    And what's wrong with the one we already have 
     Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1483819851

Nothing wrong with it at all but it seems the guy who took the first one can get his published so the publisher obviously likes things tarting up a bit, bring in that glow and make it look like the sun is always shining. It really is a matter of taste, reality or follywood.  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1498946960 
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 9:20

I agree Gypsy some photos look too unreal especially if they use HDR to its extreme.
    I meant LR's reference to you being the graphic designer when I'm one just miss quoted his post  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 1293740352
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 10:27

Thats the trouble when you write things rather than hear them we misconstrue, I thought you meant Cams picture was OK as it was and didn´t need any changes and I was agreeing just saying why I played with it.

And I certainly don´t want a job, however artistic it is, I enjoy retirement too much, you should all come and join me it's fun.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 10:29

Well I thought Cams second photo was very good, nice and clear.  Lone Ranger might find this interesting... 3318427985
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

Post by Blyth Spirit Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 20:43

LR that Glencoe photo on FB a perfect example of 'wangling' probably a good photo may infinitely better using contrast & level in Photoshop, its bordering on being too much

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 13:55