Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Adam Mint
3rdforum
Gypsy
7 posters

Bahia Beach - Palm Mar

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Bahia Beach - Palm Mar Empty Bahia Beach - Palm Mar

Post by Gypsy Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 11:23

I said I was going to the opening party of the Bahia Beach, you get a glimpse of me at 1.52 on this video, but more importantly you can see how lovely it is.  I thought the drone that kept going overhead was for security but obviously it was taking this

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Bahia Beach - Palm Mar Empty Re: Bahia Beach - Palm Mar

Post by 3rdforum Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 11:50

looks the business.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 12:12

Yip looks very nice, but what market are they trying to hook in to in Palm Mar...

I'll admit it's four/five years since I've been down there, has it changed that much,,, one road in, same road out, and not much at the end of it is what I recall...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 12:17

Have to say Gypsy, didn't recognise you without your sunglasses on, oh, and the way you flick your hair, so sexy...

Bahia Beach - Palm Mar 4248600970
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 15:05

Looks really good, might breeze round sometime
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 20:49

looks good
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 20:51

I wonder how long their imported beach will last for?  lol! 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 23:09

Exactly, path to nowhere, as said been down there but not inviting territory, not saying it ain't got it, but place (new pub) just seems out of place,,, recall San Juan before they put the money in, personally I liked it better pre the big beach (that got washed away), should have put money in to Palm Mar, plus  needs a railway to where it's happening, PDLA and Los Cris...
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 15:54

Often wondered if a water taxi between L.C & P.M would be a viable proposition could be a wee venture for P.S.   Transport
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 16:46

Adam Mint wrote:Exactly, path to nowhere, as said been down there but not inviting territory, not saying it ain't got it, but place (new pub) just seems out of place,,, recall San Juan before they put the money in, personally I liked it better pre the big beach (that got washed away), should have put money in to Palm Mar, plus  needs a railway to where it's happening, PDLA and Los Cris...

Maybe a tram system???
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 16:54

There used to be a water taxi between Los Cris and Puerto Colon, used it a few times before it went bust...€7, I think it was.  lol! Bahia Beach - Palm Mar 294053457 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 16:56

Been round to Palm Mar about 6 times, Yes it looks very nice and the property is good value but the place is desolate, I think even if they built a road or a tunnel it would still be the same,
    Parque Tropical 111 the last place before Guaza mountain in Los Chrisianos is also a very quiet area,
    dont know what it is but setting any business up where there are no people is doomed from the start,
    I mean its also a bit of a drive to get round there so WTF  Bahia Beach - Palm Mar 3275847336
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:19

When they built El Rincon, between Parque Tropical 2 and 3 they put in the foundations of what was meant to become a shopping centre, I recall thinking at the time why, it's in a corner of Los Cris where no one goes, nice residential area but not holiday...
    When out this time took a ride along just to see what was happening, answer, nothing, dug out foundations same as they were over four years ago, even most of the new beachfront units at the market/Arona Gran area are still empty and they must have been up five years or so...
    As I said in my first post on this thread, I don't understand where the owners of the Bahia Beach Club are expecting their business to come from, and I recall Gypsy saying something about it being thirty odd euros to hire the sun beds, that's Del Duque prices, and Palm Mar ain't no Del Duque,,, Gypsy, your going to have to keep us up to speed with the places progress,,, if I was a gambling man, oh, wait a mo I am, my money would be on it not being there to long...
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:25

searcher wrote:Often wondered if a water taxi between L.C & P.M would be a viable proposition could be a wee venture for P.S.   Transport

I like the place it is just the residents that are odd.  They are so far up themselves it is untrue and I really can´t see why.  When there was first talk of a bus stopping there they were up in arms because it would bring visitors to 'their village'.  They look down their noses at people who rent rather than own and when anything new is happening they always think the worst. e.g. a family was on the beach sheltering from the sun under a gazebo - the first comment is this the start of a hippy commune - No it was a family waiting to celebrate Fiesta de San Juan.  Same with the new Bahia Beach, it went on for weeks, that it would attract the wrong types. there could be parties and music being played at night .... Not so bad but half of them don´t live there anyway they only come for the winter.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:30

Wasn't it the druggy/hippy hang out at one time...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:33

El Rincon was going to be all singing all dancing and the place to be, I looked at them off plan, but i have a guiding light built into me somewhere and it said feck that, its in the wrong place, and a lot of people paid way too much before the the market went tits up, I was in Parque Tropica 11 at the time,
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:35

Gypsy wrote:
    searcher wrote:Often wondered if a water taxi between L.C & P.M would be a viable proposition could be a wee venture for P.S.   Transport

I like the place it is just the residents that are odd.  They are so far up themselves it is untrue and I really can´t see why.  When there was first talk of a bus stopping there they were up in arms because it would bring visitors to 'their village'.  They look down their noses at people who rent rather than own and when anything new is happening they always think the worst. e.g. a family was on the beach sheltering from the sun under a gazebo - the first comment is this the start of a hippy commune - No it was a family waiting to celebrate Fiesta de San Juan.  Same with the new Bahia Beach, it went on for weeks, that it would attract the wrong types. there could be parties and music being played at night .... Not so bad but half of them don´t live there anyway they only come for the winter.
    I thought Cru lived in Palm mar
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:42

She doe's, i rest my case  Bahia Beach - Palm Mar 1483819851
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 20:14

Mermaid wrote:I thought Cru lived in Palm mar

She does but she also rents so is on a loser straight away, and she has cats, they hate animals in Palm Mar, or should that be poo city, nobody seems to clear up after their pets.  And poor old Mickey always gets the blame when any black and white cat  is where it shouldn´t even if he is tucked up in bed asleep.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:55

Mcqueen wrote:El Rincon was going to be all singing all dancing and the place to be, I looked at them off plan, but i have a guiding light built into me somewhere and it said feck that, its in the wrong place, and a lot of people paid way too much before the the market went tits up, I was in Parque Tropica 11 at the time,

Also looked at them, Dutch couple seemed to be running the show, didnt seem to be arsed if they sold you anything or not, happy on whatever they were on obvisoly,,, Lot of cash for not very much, all the ones facing west gone,,, so Gaza Mountain and no sun after midday was the option,,, No...
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:12

I looked at a villa there, which was nice but similar story told you can have this it is the show house but you can have that one or that one - no views only what I thought was a huge block of council flats - they were upset when I asked if that was what they were.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 16:15