Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
3rdforum
Adam Mint
8 posters

iPad...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

iPad... Empty iPad...

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:49

Yesterday, iPad battery went flat so I put it on charge with the intention of using it while it charged, but no, all that happened was the battery symbol would come on for about ten seconds then the screen would go blank for about twenty seconds, then the Apple symbol would come on for about ten seconds then go off, then the battery symbol,,, this sequence just kept repeating itself but no charge was going in to the iPad, tried another charger, still the same, tried resetting it, still the same. Got up today thinking it's going to be a trip to the Apple Store, tried putting it on charge, worked ok...

Another problem that's been occurring for a bit time time now, your typing away, make an error, hit the delete button rapid three ot four times to errase the wrong spelling ot text and the screen locks,,, only way to cure it I've found, switch off the iPad, only problem, you loose everything you've typed and have to start again, very annoying...

Anyone experienced the problems, or got any advice on fixes...

iPad... 206331103 iPad... 206331103 iPad... 206331103
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

iPad... Empty Re: iPad...

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 15:50

did you upgrade/ install  your os recently?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 19:08

Oooh! Good shout Dermo! iPad... 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 19:14

Yeh   iPad... 1483819851   iPad... 3095951175
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 23:45

3rdforum wrote:did you upgrade/ install  your os recently?

What's os...

iPad... 878948377
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 23:51

Your operating system. I installed the new android version on my Nexus tablet and it has completely fecked it up. Similar things happening as yours.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 23:52

also, have you got any app that will clean up all the shite on the ipad? Something like CleanMaster.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 23:54

No, ain't done anything like that, wouldn't know how to, plus ain't downloaded anything...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 23:56

it could be that there is a load of shite slowing everything down/causing problems. Find a decent "cleaning" app and download it. Run this and see if there is any improvement. May not fix anything but its something you should have anyway. I presume you have anti virus loaded and up to date?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 0:02

I use my laptop for banking etc, iPad was a gift, I use it for fun, ain't got security on it, well not that I know off... What do I need to check/download etc...

Oh, and keep it simple...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:32

iPad... 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 11:04

I use my laptop for everything and my ipad for

iPad... D320
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 11:52

I tried doing that with it when I first got it Gypsy, then someone explained...............

iPad... 878948377
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:29

3rdforum wrote:Your operating system. I installed the new android version on my Nexus tablet and it has completely fecked it up. Similar things happening as yours.

3rdforum wrote:also, have you got any app that will clean up all the shite on the ipad? Something like CleanMaster.

3rdforum wrote:it could be that there is a load of shite slowing everything down/causing problems. Find a decent "cleaning" app and download it. Run this and see if there is any improvement. May not fix anything but its something you should have anyway. I presume you have anti virus loaded and up to date?

Done a bit enquiring, have been told, and the following could be true or a load of shite as the persons telling me know as much about computers as me..., but here we go:-

1. Operating System, being an Apple iPad it has "Safari" as its operating system which cannot be replaced with the likes of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Explorer etc...

2. From what I can see it looks like nothing like "CleanMaster" has been downloaded ...

3. Anti Virus, I have been told no anti virus has been purchased or downloaded free, I have also been told with it being a "Apple" iPad, the Apple system has inbuilt security/anti virus and there is no need to download/purchase anything, and that it is safe to do banking etc on it as it is...

To explain, the iPad belonged to Annies daughter, she got an iPhone and was no longer using the iPad so she was going to sell it, as I used the iPad a lot when I was up at Annies she bought it off her daughter for me,,,  the advice above came from Annie and her family plus one of my mates who thinks he knows all about these things (He Don't)... Another thing, as I said the iPad was originally Annies daughters and when she set it up it was obviously her name, e-mail address etc that were entered in to everything, now when I go in to certain things like hotmail, facebook etc the iPad automatically thinks I'm her and wants me to log in as her, I aint found a way of changing this as yet, I did find an option to reset iPad to factory settings but I did not want to do this as she (Annies Daughter) requested that I didn't delete the photos she had on the iPad, now if she'd sold it on the open market they'd be gone, plus I've had it for almost a year now and she's never asked to look at them, so if I accidently press a button and they're gone,,, oops...

So again, any advice will be appericiated...

iPad... 206331103
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:24

"1. Operating System, being an Apple iPad it has "Safari" as its operating system which cannot be replaced with the likes of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Explorer etc..."

Right, the above is a load of shite. Safari is the browser for apple. Chromes and Explorer are the Microsoft versions of BROWSERS and Firefox is an independent BROWSER. Your operating system is the foundation of files that run in the background in order for you to use the ipad. It would be called IOS 6 or whatever number is appropriate to your version. Your ipad could be set to download any upgrades automatically ( don't know, never had any apple technology ), either your apps or your os or both. In my own case, this is what caused my tablet to feck up, the latest version of the os wasn't fully compatible with the Nexus ( I think it was just too big ) but Google won't admit to it as they would have to recall the latest version and allow the tablets to revert to the old one. 

There must be some kind of way of checking to see how much storage is left on the machine. If you have a "settings" option, go into that and see if there is a "memory space" or something similar. The more shite that is on the machine, the slower it will run and will often hang ( at least thats what happens Pc's and laptops ). I would still suggest you download a "cleaner" and run it everyday. Its not going to do any harm.

I'll wait until this evening when I'm home. I can mess about with Shona's ipod and see how to run/check things.

As I said, the stuff I suggested may not fix anything, but they are good things to have regardless
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:28

Meant to say, tell Annies daughter to download Itunes on a laptop/pc. Then plug her ( your) tablet into the pc and synchronise. This will copy all the stuff on the ipad to the pc. You can then go back to factory settings if you wish. Just be aware that the ipad will still go back to the most RECENT version of the os, not necessarily the one that was on it when it came out of the factory. If this is what is ausing the problems, it still will cause problems.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:34

Explain this os bit to me a bit more, what exactly is it and if that's the problem what's the fix...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:48

Its your operating system. Its all the programs that run in the background to allow you to use your machine. Its essentially the brain which allows you in turn to use your limbs ( or your ipad in this case).  Every so often a manufacturer will release an updated version of its OS, i.e. you will go from IOS6 to IOS7. Each new version is supposed to be better than the last. The trouble is that invariably, each new version will have more stuff built in ( like faster boot up time, quicker access to apps etc.) These improvements nearly always use up more memory. As your memory is used up, the machine will slow down. When a machine operates ( like your brain), it has to trawl through everything, looking for what it wants to use. ( Not 100% correct but good enough in this case)The more stuff on the machine, the more stuff it has to trawl through. Videos and photos are especially hard on memory which is why its always a good idea to move all that stuff onto a pc or external hard drive.

If your os is the problem, then there is no fix until  Apple make some adjustments and you update the next level of your version ( or the next version itself). If this is the case, don't worry about it.

What I would do, is download Itunes and export the photos and videos and then do a factory reset. This will clear out all the unnecessary stuff
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:24

Well as it happens there was a download sitting in the settings inbox waiting for me to download it, I had deliberately  not downloaded it as the last time I downloaded one it gave me problems, can't remember exactly what they were but I did post something on here about it asking advice, but yesterday when the iPad decided to start working again for some reason I thought I'd better update this feckin thing, so I downloaded it...

I will try the typing/delete/screen locking problem I had after I post this and see if it's still doing it, will also look at getting rid of photos etc like you say...

Last edited by Adam Mint on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:30; edited 1 time in total
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:28

Just tried it on this post, all seems ok....
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:42

We'll make a techie of you yet !!!!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:50

What you mean, I thought I was doing good, downloaded that update on my own I did...

iPad... 1483819851
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:02

That's what I mean - Cam will be calling on you for help when things go wrong on here if you're not careful !!!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:04

What you don't know is,,, I taught Cam everything he knows....

nosey oops...
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:28

iPad... 2839888827

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 16:54