Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

bye bye BBC/ITV?

Anonymous

bye bye BBC/ITV? Empty bye bye BBC/ITV?

Post by Guest Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 22:07

reports from across europe ...
    16:00 More 'things' happening to 2F uk?  now cHANNEL5ch5 gone here daytime, usually only drops out a few hours evening time.

16.45  I just had a message from someone in Toulouse, France that indicates they have lost 2E and 2F Uk beams, previously received OK on a 100cm dish.

18.45 I am also Nr Toulouse, 2E and 2F no signal or badly pixallated on 110cm dish

19 00 germany also here the 2E is very weak today... around 2dB below the normal

19.15  put out a request for reports on my site and have had seven in the past two hours. Mostly southern France but one in the Costa Blanca (Cartagena) and another in Mid-Portugal. From the descriptions, the problem is a definite drop in signal, and is not weather- or temperature-related. If Scottish Borders is seeing an increase in signal, this can only mean an adjustment of the beams of both 2E and 2F. two on the same day looks deliberate.

20.06 Loss of BBC & ITV on a 120 cm in Milan. I've now had more than a dozen reports of BBC & ITV loss over a wide geographical area of southern Europe in the past 4 hours.

20.25 I'm noticing much lower signal on BBC and ITV (T-90). I only checked the signal levels because I was trying to watch the Champions League final on ITV HD and it was breaking up with clear skies

22.00 western norway 
     this evening 2e uk gone as well (& I mean gone, not low), matching the 2f uk loss earlier today
    Anonymous

bye bye BBC/ITV? Empty Re: bye bye BBC/ITV?

Post by Guest Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 22:13

20 reports now in from around Europe from expat viewers, all reporting the same loss. Typically, they are in southern France with 100 or 120 dishes that used to be adequate. A few have spent serious money since last year and are very, very annoyed, such as one person with a newly-installed 150cm near Fréjus, Provence.

Even the previously 'always strong' ITV3 10906 has gone black, that's not a good sign.
    Temporary, or end of an era... ?
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 23:39

Maybe they forgot to renew their licence???
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:42

searcher wrote:Maybe they forgot to renew their licence???
    you could be right as they can could watch BBC for free and not pay the €200 you do ..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:42

´´A few have spent serious money since last year and are very, very annoyed, such as one person with a newly-installed 150cm´´  in southern france (cost approx €700)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:55

hoi,

astra 28 oost:
    update:
    BBC & ITV SIGNALS WEAKER IN SOUTHERN & NORTHERN EUROPE: CONFIRMED
    Thank to our correspondents in the Landes area of France, Toulouse, Biarritz, Narbonne, Mormoiron (Avignon area), Maubourguet (near Pau), Cartagena, Costa Blanca and Tomar, Portugal.
    All report loss of BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 today. 
    Quite often, signals from one satellite can suddenly drop, owing to the satellite shifting slightly to keep within its 100km-cubed "station" in space. Two satellites, Astra 2E and Astra 2F may have carried out this manoeuvre simultaneously today. If so, this would be unusual. There may be another reason. One satellite forum user reports an increase in signal in Scotland.
    A possible explanation is that this isn't station-keeping and that the UK beams have been eased north-westwards, making the signal weaker in the east and south of Europe. If this is the case, it is likely to be deliberate

groeten uit het vrije friesland
    deskundigheid door ervaring

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 14:35