Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform Empty Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform

Post by 3rdforum Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 14:34

Was reading Gypsy's blog earlier and she mentioned the viewing platform at the cliffs in Los Gig. Does anyone know where this is?? In all the years going there, I never knew there was a viewing platform .
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform Empty Re: Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform

Post by BobMac Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 14:51

Is this the place - Viewpoint

Google is your friend ?????
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform Empty Re: Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform

Post by 3rdforum Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:25

No Bob. I know that one. I was under the impression that there was one near the top. Could be I'm picking it up wrong. P.S. I prefer asking these questions on the forum so that it will provide info for anyone looking in ( as opposed to Googling it for myself). Thanks for going to the trouble of checking it out though Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:35

Wear platform shoes.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:55

3rdforum wrote:No Bob. I know that one. I was under the impression that there was one near the top. Could be I'm picking it up wrong. P.S. I prefer asking these questions on the forum so that it will provide info for anyone looking in ( as opposed to Googling it for myself). Thanks for going to the trouble of checking it out though Los Gigantes Cliffs Viewing Platform 294053457

I only know that one because some of the round the island coach tours go there so you can get good views of the cliffs.

I seem to remember seeing something about a viewing gallery possibly being built at the top but I can't remember ever seeing any update about it actually being built; it was supposed to be one of these with the glass floor going out over the edge of the cliff like the one they have built on Madeira.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:02

There's one on La Gomera - 

Mirador de Abrante - north-west corner of Island.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Post by BobMac Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:22

Found this about a mirador - Here
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 18:45

Brilliant Bob, thanks. It looks like the existing viewing area has been improved. I'll take a look next month and report back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 14:34