Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Stock flow at Lidl.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Stock flow at Lidl. Empty Stock flow at Lidl.

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 1:43

I have my own stock flow problems at the moment, I have run out of baccy and blue vodka but this is because there is no way I am paying £250+ for flights in school holidays. Lidl are pissing me off as well. Now I like that cheapo sherry they sell, I water it down with the blue vodka usually but as said thats all gone. No sign of any sherry for past 2 weeks. Now this happened I'm guessing about a year ago so since then I have kept emergency stock of say 6+ bottles in cupboard just in case. Not enough! Maybe the sherry factory closes for August! Stock flow at Lidl. 3025408739  Luckily they still have the Pear Cider which meets my budget but alas not in the 2 litre bottles anymore. Wankers. They had no fecking mushrooms last week either..... Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Stock flow at Lidl. Empty Re: Stock flow at Lidl.

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 2:47

Don't know about Lidl but Asda our area has lost the plot, last year went through a £4m refurbish, absolutely no need, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the place,,, now, new shelving is shit and holds absolutely shit all so what you want ain't there, signage to where stuff you want is is all wrong so takes you ages to find what you want, then when you've got it sussed, they move it all around again, it's as if they're trying to piss you off...

Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706 Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706 Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 3:09

Oh, and their fish counter, feckin fantastic, built a new one during refurbish, everything you could need for a fish dish (except herring, I'll come to that), but this lovely new fish counter one problem,,, no one there to serve you,,, you've got to search around for whoever's meant to be serving you, store manager must be thinking why we ain't selling much fish...

Back to herring, my dad used to make big jars of pickeled herring when he was at the fishing, they would get the occasional herring up in the net but not what they were fishing for but my dad would pickle them, inch chunks of raw herring, chunks of onion, lemon or orange slices, bay leafs, cloves, pepper corns and vinegar,,, yum...

Got it in my head to make a few jars month or so back but couldn't find herring anywhere...

Stock flow at Lidl. Image118
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 12:13

Cant say I have seen any. Probably all trawled up years ago or smoking industry in Scotland gets it.. Plenty of mackerel out there though.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 12:20

Yeah, the Grimbsby trawlers catch all the fish and give to us Scots for free...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 16:28

Perfectspecimen wrote:Cant say I have seen any. Probably all trawled up years ago or smoking industry in Scotland gets it.. Plenty of mackerel out there though.

Nah, mainly haddock smoked in Scotland, Isle of Man's the place for kippers (herring)...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 16:50

Campbell Brodie wrote:Yeah, the Grimbsby trawlers catch all the fish and give to us Scots for free...

mmmm, not exactly true,,, in the later years of fishing out of Granton Harbour (Edinburgh) all the fish caught was transported to either Hull or Grimsby for sale, got a better price for it there...

The Edinburgh fish market at Newhaven Harbour in later years only serviced the local area with the fish being sold there being caught by small local fishing boats not the larger trawlers operating out of Granton.

But back to herring,,, back in the 80'/90's when the stocks in Scottish/Brittish waters were getting decimated by industrial scale fishing most of what was caught was not eaten by humans,,, it was turned in fertiliser and animal feed,,, I can recall often having bacon and thinking this tastes like fish,,, well there's the reason,,, mad cow disease put paid to all that...
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 16:58

Davie Clarks at Fisherrow has tons ,and his own smoke house
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 17:03

Don't look as if he does on line delivery,,, (no pun intended)...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 17:23

searcher wrote:Davie Clarks at Fisherrow has tons ,and his own smoke house

They don't actually list herring on their fresh fish list,,, does say they do kippers so if they're smoking them at the shop they should have some fresh herring,,, now when's the next bus to Musselburgh...

Stock flow at Lidl. 293354018

Stock flow at Lidl. Image54
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 13:50

Stock flow at Lidl. 2485877773 Mad post
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 13:52

Perfectspecimen wrote:I have my own stock flow problems at the moment, I have run out of baccy and blue vodka but this is because there is no way I am paying £250+ for flights in school holidays. Lidl are pissing me off as well. Now I like that cheapo sherry they sell, I water it down with the blue vodka usually but as said thats all gone. No sign of any sherry for past 2 weeks. Now this happened I'm guessing about a year ago so since then I have kept emergency stock of say 6+ bottles in cupboard just in case. Not enough! Maybe the sherry factory closes for August! Stock flow at Lidl. 3025408739  Luckily they still have the Pear Cider which meets my budget but alas not in the 2 litre bottles anymore. Wankers. They had no fecking mushrooms last week either..... Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706

What happened to the "booze cruise" to Calais all you SE coast twats used to do? Is that defunct now? Stock flow at Lidl. 3275847336
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 14:02

Talking about booze cruises, in November we are going from Palma to Barbados with TUI on an all inclusive 15 night cruise ,Ill give a report when we get back if I can remember anything about it  Stock flow at Lidl. 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 15:53

Stock flow at Lidl. 294053457 I won't do a big cruise 'cos you have to get all dolled up for dinner in those ones...Stock flow at Lidl. 41-all10
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 16:34

Campbell Brodie wrote:
    Perfectspecimen wrote:I have my own stock flow problems at the moment, I have run out of baccy and blue vodka but this is because there is no way I am paying £250+ for flights in school holidays. Lidl are pissing me off as well. Now I like that cheapo sherry they sell, I water it down with the blue vodka usually but as said thats all gone. No sign of any sherry for past 2 weeks. Now this happened I'm guessing about a year ago so since then I have kept emergency stock of say 6+ bottles in cupboard just in case. Not enough! Maybe the sherry factory closes for August! Stock flow at Lidl. 3025408739  Luckily they still have the Pear Cider which meets my budget but alas not in the 2 litre bottles anymore. Wankers. They had no fecking mushrooms last week either..... Stock flow at Lidl. 506932706

What happened to the "booze cruise" to Calais all you SE coast twats used to do? Is that defunct now?  Stock flow at Lidl. 3275847336

Lad I know from Leeds done one of them booze cruises some years back with a bunch of his mates, basically a piss up on wheels, bus gets off ferry in Dover, cops weigh it and say it's overweight, they had to dump some of their cheep booze before cops would let them continue journey back to Leeds...
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:18

Campbell Brodie wrote:Stock flow at Lidl. 294053457 I won't do a big cruise 'cos you have to get all dolled up for dinner in those ones...Stock flow at Lidl. 41-all10

This is a myth Cam if you don't want to dress formally you can use other restaurants and buffet instead of the main dining room , but this particular ship has no formal nights ,they call it "dress to impress" so smart casual is dress of the day

P.S. there is normally only one formal night per week on most cruises

Last edited by searcher on Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:21

MMmmm....I've looked at one or two which say "Formal dress code". Then I scroll on by. Stock flow at Lidl. 3025408739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 7:37