Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Gypsy
Adam Mint
6 posters

Computer/Bank Fraud ...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Computer/Bank Fraud ... Empty Computer/Bank Fraud ...

Post by Adam Mint Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:36

Computer/Bank Fraud...

Two stories this weekend, first my daughter, she noticed seventy odd quid has been taken out of her bank account, ten transactions of seven pound odd to Microsoft she knows nothing about, she phones her bank, they say nothing to do with them contact Microsoft, she does, Microsoft say payments are to do with a game called Roblock, she knows my grandson aged eight plays this game on the laptop, she speaks to him, would seem an offer came up on screen offering him extra goes if he entered a five digit PIN number that screen gave him, so he did, ten times, Microsoft do not have my daughters bank details, neither does my grandson  but money goes out of bank,,, she contacts bank again and tells them to stop any unauthorized payments,,, few days later she notice three payments of £300 each to Amazon, she phones bank again, bank say nothing to do with them phone Amazon, she does, two hour wait to speak to anyone, she recons she's been on the phone over 12 hours with all the calls, Amazon say money out of bank is nothing to do with them,,, so it's back on phone to bank, theory is grandson putting PIN number in to Roblok game he plays gave hacker access to laptop allowing hacker access to banking details... Bank have agreed to repay £900 payments to so called Amazon as dughter had asked for any unauthorized to be stopped, but will not refund the seventy odd quid to Microsoft saying payments were authorized,,, yip, by a 8 year old kid,,,,,,,,,,,, daughter is accepting this as she's sick of time being spent on phone trying to sort out...

Second one, my mate Gary, yesterday Gary decided to watch football locally where he lives on the outskirts of Manchester rather than in town due to the trouble associated with the derby game in pubs, so story is secondhand from one of the girls who had met him on Friday so don't have full story from horses mouth as yet... Gary split up with other half years ago, Gary brought up kids, they have now left home and both live and work in London so Gary's stuck with a four bedroom house, he keeps kids bedrooms for when they visit but rents one bedroom for a bit income, lad who'd stayed with him for a bit leaves, other lad who frequents our company in pub (Jim) says he's looking for lodgings, so moves in with Gary, now Gary's about 60, Jim 30, but both play golf, piano and guitar so get on like mates, Jims history is when at uni parents help him buy a house which he now student rents, plus he buys mobile phones in bulk from Taiwan etc and sells them over internet,,, guy seems ok... When he moves in with Gary is happy as hell, Jim's a computer whiz kid, Gary's getting free music, football, films etc via his computer thanks to Jim,,, then Gary has small amounts of money disappear out of his bank, all bank cards etc are changed, but Gary is getting suspisous as Jim is always on his computer despite having two of his own,,, we, us in pub say he's paranoid, we've known Jim for years... Then Gary thinks Jim seems to have an obsession with being first to get to the mail in the morning, we all say Gary is being paranoid, then a week ago at quiz he says I've done a credit check on myself to see if anything dodgy is against me, all comes up ok, so we all say Gary your being paranoid... Then story yesterday, he's told his son of what he thinks going on, his son works in finance in London says I'll run some checks for you dad,,, son phones him sayin your credit rating is great 99%, but what did you take the £15,000 loan out for, Gary, what £15,000 loan...................

Now I think Gary has jumped the gun a bit here, he sent Jim packing, took his two computers plus his own to police, police ain't interested, tell him to take it up with bank and to give Jim back his computers as that's theift...................

I think he should have contacted cops and let them investigate and kept Jim where he could see him...
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Computer/Bank Fraud ... Empty Re: Computer/Bank Fraud ...

Post by Gypsy Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 7:32

Shocking in both cases  Computer/Bank Fraud ... 2419626307
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 7:34

Nightmare for your daughter & umm not sure Gary did the right thing x
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 18:51

Bummer!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 19:22

That reminds me of the phone call to the Fosters lager help line, you know the advert with the two Australian beach bums in the shack on the beach taking agony aunt type calls:-

Punter - Is that the the Fosters help line.

Help Line - Yip dude, what's your problem mate.

Punter - A wasps just stung my girlfriend right on her fanny, what do I do.

Help Line - Bummer.

Punter - Gee thanks lads never thought of that....
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 19:24

Computer/Bank Fraud ... 3025408739 Computer/Bank Fraud ... 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 19:50

Computer/Bank Fraud ... 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 1:12

Ref second half of first post on thread, mate Gary was at quiz tonight so got full story, it's looking like Jim (Gary's ex lodger) is behind it...

Would seem numerous bank accounts have been taken out in Gary's name and personal date, DOB, NI number etc but at various addresses not just Gary's, again numerous applications for loans were made using these false accounts, most were turned down, but two were approved, now this is what Gary's son found out when he got involved... The first of the loans was for £9500, the address cheque was sent to was in London, the second cheque for £4500, different story,,, Jim was always behind paying Gary rent, so Gary's chasing him for money, Jim says "I'm a bit short on cash but I've got £4500 cheque I'll pay it in to your account, you take your rent and transfer the rest in to my account, it will speed you getting your rent",,, so, dodgy cheque involved is obviously in Gary's name, cheques paid in to Gary's true bank account, then Gary takes his rent due out of it then transfers approx £4000 to Jims account,,, so it now looks as if Gary's involved somehow...

So as said when Gary susses what's going on he goes cops, they ain't really interested, give him a crime number and tell him to speak to a bank fraud department and his bank which he's done, he says they don't seem intrested, all the ask for is his personal data, don't even want to kmow story, (I suspect they already know it through their computers)...

Gary feels a bit of a tit, but to be fair it was all of us his mates who were telling him he was being paranoid about Jim, as Gary said tonight, he sat in our company in pub, lived with him, played golf with him, yet it would seem he'd been setting Gary up for the past year or two since he moved in...

As said Gary sent Jim packing and took his computers to cops, cops told him to return computers as that was theift!!! Gary still has them, Gary has had locks changed on house and has searched Jims room, he found two driving licenses in Jims name at what he suspects is his parents address well out-with Manchester, plus bank cards in his (Gary's) name...
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 7:21

How awful for him as he will feel stupid for letting it happen .
    The moral of the story is don’t trust anyone & go with your gut instinct x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 6:35