Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Cruella de Vil
Jimandsi
Gypsy
7 posters

Looks like a good night on the box

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Looks like a good night on the box Empty Looks like a good night on the box

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 15:38

I will be watching Emmerdale, followed by Downton Abbey (Behind the drama) and then a quick switch of channels to see the Royale Family. (Will be watching all of these on my own as OH thinks they are all rubbish).

Packet of chocolate covered peanuts chillin in the fridge - I'm all set. Just hope the telly doesn´t play up. Looks like a good night on the box Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuGL6g5x3X53B8kfdBH0fXyLu_6xQSPXoQG2L8cYj5GlSUU9dpgzsOoA
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Looks like a good night on the box Empty Re: Looks like a good night on the box

Post by Jimandsi Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 16:08

Your OH seems like a sensible bloke ! Looks like a good night on the box 3025408739
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 16:15

Never seen any of them Gypsy, please don't tell me I'm missing something Looks like a good night on the box 1498946960

Looks like a good night on the box Disney-101-Dalmation-watching-tv
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 18:01

I loved Downton when it was on so looking forward to seeing behind the scenes. As for the Royale Family (OH cringes even when mentioned) I find it so true to life it is hilarious. Well it is not true to my life,:Not me Guv: we are posh, but this family is like so many that Jimbo knows Looks like a good night on the box 2419626307
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

Post by betty swollocks Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:07

Just watched Top of the Pops 2: Christmas Special with Mark Radcliffe- he's no Steve Wright , he sounded like one of those cheesy talk over guys that have to make crap jokes to make a program seem interesting (Come Dine With Me being an example )
    Music was brilliant though !!
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:13

Channel 4 news being another, oh sorry that is a news reader.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:23

Telly is rubbish, playing up again, got to see Downton, but just getting 'no valid signal' for Royale Family. I wouldn´t mind but it costs a bloody fortune.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:33

Gypsy wrote:Telly is rubbish, playing up again, got to see Downton, but just getting 'no valid signal' for Royale Family. I wouldn´t mind but it costs a bloody fortune.

What costs a fortune ? :what:

Your licence ? Looks like a good night on the box 1498946960
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:41

Jimandsi wrote:
    What costs a fortune ? :what:

Your licence ? Looks like a good night on the box 1498946960

No Jim the maintenance fee. €90 to pick the signal up from La Gomera and it is rubbish. We don´t pay for a license cos its illegal. At least I think it is. I only have the 5 channels and not Sky which is really really illegalllllll. Looks like a good night on the box 2419626307 Looks like a good night on the box 2419626307
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:50

Gypsy wrote:

No Jim the maintenance fee. €90 to pick the signal up from La Gomera and it is rubbish. We don´t pay for a license cos its illegal. At least I think it is. I only have the 5 channels and not Sky which is really really illegalllllll. Looks like a good night on the box 2419626307 Looks like a good night on the box 2419626307

What about that Harlequin fella? I thought he was going to get everybody TV signals and phones and all sorts.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:53

Gypsy wrote:

Gypsy, do you know you can watch about 20 Sky chanels on your pc? You need to use someones account details in the UK and "change" your IP address to a UK one. The app is called "Sky Go".
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:57

I know 3F I don´t like watching TV on a laptop, although I think you can divert it to your main tv.

When we were moveing here I contacted Sky and they told me it was illegal so I cut my card up and threw my box on the tip. Once we got here we went to Miller Rental who said they could sell us a box and card if we didn´t have one !!! I know people who also have Sky and the reception for that is rubbish too unless you have a huge dish. So we will continue with what we have.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 22:19

YOU CAN EASILY LINK LAP TOP TO TV and It is good.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 22:27

Too much spaghetti involved. You need to connect via a scart and then you have to leave your lappy switched on which I find distracting. If you lived with me you would know that I am paranoid about seeing wires, in fact I hate to see anything that doesn´t have a specific place so a TV and laptop to do one job is a big no no.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 22:29

look here

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 23:56