Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze Empty Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 11 Feb 2021 - 15:59

BBC Scotland

Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze _116902052_ccf446fd-bf02-44b3-bc1b-6c225b20cd27
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze Empty Re: Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze

Post by Adam Mint Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 0:30

Yet other side of Scotland is under snow and ice,,,

Campbell Brodie likes this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze Empty Re: Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:25

Big fire on Dartmoor as well. Think its to help the global warming. Only got 2" of heating oil left this morning when I looked but then I noticed I got an email saying man is delivering it today. Thank feck for that! Also noticed I got £140 paid into my electric account by government. Cheers! And no, I wont be giving it to the BBC.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 18:23

Those wildfires used to happen regularly on the mountains in Kerry. It was a mystery as to who started them, said the local farmers who had sheep grazing  on the mountainside and needed more grassland

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 19:31

The landowners up here burn the heather to force the new shoots for the grouse to feed on. They often get out of hand as the peat underneath smoulders away unseen then flares up again.

3rdforum likes this post

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 22:24

Campbell Brodie wrote:The landowners up here burn the heather to force the new shoots for the grouse to feed on. They often get out of hand as the peat underneath smoulders away unseen then flares up again.

Cam can you remember the small back road that ran from the Gyle to Sighthill before the Gyle Shopping Centre was built,,, the road ran through sorta shrub land,,, for a few years it was always on fire, always a fire engine parked there, they recon someone had flung a cigarette out of a car and set fire to dried shrubs which set fire to peat they were growing in,,, fires just kept popping up everywhere they recon it was burning underground, as said went on for a year or two,,,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 8:16

Adam Mint wrote:
    Campbell Brodie wrote:The landowners up here burn the heather to force the new shoots for the grouse to feed on. They often get out of hand as the peat underneath smoulders away unseen then flares up again.

Cam can you remember the small back road that ran from the Gyle to Sighthill before the Gyle Shopping Centre was built,,, the road ran through sorta shrub land,,, for a few years it was always on fire, always a fire engine parked there, they recon someone had flung a cigarette out of a car and set fire to dried shrubs which set fire to peat they were growing in,,, fires just kept popping up everywhere they recon it was burning underground, as said went on for a year or two,,,

Probably Sighthill/Wester Hailes kids having fun. Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 15:40

that the shopping centre near the airport? I think I was in there once buy a car seat from Argos and got breakfast in Morrisons

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 16:21

3rdforum wrote:that the shopping centre near the airport? I think I was in there once buy a car seat from Argos and got breakfast in Morrisons

That's the one Dermot! Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze 294053457 You gave us that car seat if I remember right!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 22:55

3rdforum wrote:that the shopping centre near the airport? I think I was in there once buy a car seat from Argos and got breakfast in Morrisons

Campbell Brodie wrote:

That's the one Dermot! Wildfire warning as firefighters tackle Benbecula blaze 294053457 You gave us that car seat if I remember right!

Yip I sent you there for breakfast Dermo,,, Do you remember the fires Dermo,,, I was going Stevenson's college at the time so used the road a lot, just weird , fires popping up everywhere even if it was raining...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 13:16