Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
betty swollocks
Mermaid
7 posters

woman fined for using a word on Facebook

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

woman fined for using a word on Facebook Empty woman fined for using a word on Facebook

Post by Mermaid Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 16:12

this woman has been fined for using another word used for Travellers
    bbc news
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

woman fined for using a word on Facebook Empty Re: woman fined for using a word on Facebook

Post by betty swollocks Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 16:28

Seems you can have an opinion as long as it fits into a certain box .
    I would love to know who re-wrote the boxes when no one was looking.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

woman fined for using a word on Facebook Empty Re: woman fined for using a word on Facebook

Post by Topdog Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 16:42

Mermaid wrote:this woman has been fined for using another word used for Travellers
    bbc news
    I think looking at where she comes from there has been a lot of trouble with one or two large non travelling traveller families.
    These have been causing a lot of trouble and it is believed they are responsible for many thefts, including items like my brothers landrover going missing. There is of course no evidence apart from people seeing it and being involved.
    We all hear some very nasty stories from this area, but there are also a couple of "PIKIE" families there that are really nice people. I know of one family where they are all hard working and very respectful and a number have had some homes built in an area by Shoreham airport and have become very well accepted.
    I would like to say as in all walks of life there are very god and bad, I think this lady when saying scum may have been referring to some people that had caused many problems.
    Biggest problem here is Pikie, Romany, howether you say it, it can refer to the nasty buggers that cause problems or be taken to mean the original meaning of travellers as a generalisation.
    I call a mate of mine Pikie he comes from a gypsy family but he is one of the nicest hard working friendliest guys you could meet, he calls me big wanker, offended, nah neither of us.
    One of the nasty lot was in my garden one day, I said can I help you, he said just looking at that stuff, wondered if it was going spare. I said no mate it has value, he said wouldn't leave it there then, went missing later, saved me taking it to the tip.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 18:34

Always turning up in my yard, I give em the look. Metal, batteries, all sorts they're after. An Irish pair came round wanted to sell me a generator, brand new in a box he said. Well if it existed it would have been nicked, Romany scum without a shadow. Rang police and gave them van reg number, oh yes weve had other reports they said. woman fined for using a word on Facebook 1695130124 Waste of a phone call.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 18:54

Police woman fined for using a word on Facebook 3673736537 Burglary at the weekend 300 cars and vans men and dykes, Turned up, Word was out it was 5 young female students, Lots of tea drunk, Lots of phone numbers taken, Save the lock we will call for it, Locks still here, Trade discription surely, Useless blady waste of time and tax payers money, Shambles this country,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 19:24

The word in my post that says Romany has been changed, it originally was yekiP, backwards of course. I look forward to my day in court. Dont tell em my name Pike, I mean Cam.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 19:46

I've a generator for sale as well Vince. Strange that woman fined for using a word on Facebook 1554180325

A white van was going round my area when I was building my house. 600 quids worth of lead went missing from the back of my site. 2 days later a white van pulls in offering me lead for sale. Said, he'd give me a receipt an everything. Robbing bassa's
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 23:53

The story of know of in Steyning, where that woman is from, is a well known nasty bassa, gong to an old ladie's house after she lost her Hubbie. I have told it before so won't bother with details, but he did get what he wanted signed over by her, somehow officer. The old bill are scared of them. Like I say some are great and hard working, respectful but there are some real nasty bassa's.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:01

Feck me, you wouldnt trust em with the mother in law........woman fined for using a word on Facebook 3077217049
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 9:40

Topdog wrote:The story of know of in Steyning, where that woman is from, is a well known nasty bassa, gong to an old ladie's house after she lost her Hubbie. I have told it before so won't bother with details, but he did get what he wanted signed over by her, somehow officer. The old bill are scared of them. Like I say some are great and hard working, respectful but there are some real nasty bassa's.

The thing is TD, that when you meet an "ordinary" person, you're not immediately suspicious, but you are with them.Its because they have a bigger minority of "n'er do wells" than the rest of society. It doesn't help that the two groups don't mix either.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 17:40

3rdforum wrote:
    Topdog wrote:The story of know of in Steyning, where that woman is from, is a well known nasty bassa, gong to an old ladie's house after she lost her Hubbie. I have told it before so won't bother with details, but he did get what he wanted signed over by her, somehow officer. The old bill are scared of them. Like I say some are great and hard working, respectful but there are some real nasty bassa's.

The thing is TD, that when you meet an "ordinary" person, you're not immediately suspicious, but you are with them.Its because they have a bigger minority of "n'er do wells" than the rest of society. It doesn't help that the two groups don't mix either.
    Spot Bollock
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 18:34

Spot on I suppose that means Kev, I concur.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 19:19

See they are on TV tonight, but OH has just gone into town to collect Brighton Rock so will be watching that

Gypsy Blood (Drama)

Time: 22:00 to 23:35 (1 hour and 35 minutes long).
    When: Thursday 19th January on Channel 4

True Stories, which commissions and showcases the best feature-length documentaries, comes to Channel 4. Gypsy Blood examines the violent culture that some gypsy and traveller fathers hand on to their sons. Filmed over two years by award-winning photographer Leo Maguire, Gypsy Blood is an intimate portrait of two gypsy families, their fight for respect and the price they pay in cycles of revenge that can erupt into sudden and terrifying violence. The Dohertys are Irish Traveller royalty. While Hughie Doherty, 27, becomes embroiled in a fight to defend his family's name, his seven-year-old son Francie is caught between two worlds, learning to read at primary school while learning to fight with his fists at home
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 23:04

Gypsy wrote:See they are on TV tonight, but OH has just gone into town to collect Brighton Rock so will be watching that

Gypsy Blood (Drama)

Time: 22:00 to 23:35 (1 hour and 35 minutes long).
    When: Thursday 19th January on Channel 4

True Stories, which commissions and showcases the best feature-length documentaries, comes to Channel 4. Gypsy Blood examines the violent culture that some gypsy and traveller fathers hand on to their sons. Filmed over two years by award-winning photographer Leo Maguire, Gypsy Blood is an intimate portrait of two gypsy families, their fight for respect and the price they pay in cycles of revenge that can erupt into sudden and terrifying violence. The Dohertys are Irish Traveller royalty. While Hughie Doherty, 27, becomes embroiled in a fight to defend his family's name, his seven-year-old son Francie is caught between two worlds, learning to read at primary school while learning to fight with his fists at home
    Hope you enjoy from me Pinky
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 23:39

Watched it, Are the kids brain washed from an early age ?, Do they want to fight or is it to please the father, The kids seem to have great respect for them, I dunno, Didnt see anyone going to work,
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 23:43

Mcqueen wrote:Watched it, Are the kids brain washed from an early age ?, Do they want to fight or is it to please the father, The kids seem to have great respect for them, I dunno, Didnt see anyone going to work,
    Go back to Kip........bit late for you to be up.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 18:01

They wont show what they really do anyway Reg. Channel 4 documentary innit, about 20% factual then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 15:21