Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
cunningham
Mcqueen
6 posters

Barges and boating, locks and canals

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Barges and boating, locks and canals Empty Re: Barges and boating, locks and canals

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 10:58

Speaking of bbc news, Bingley 5 rise locks are being overhauled, Janet was knackered when we got to the top,
    There was a water works guy that showed you how to go on, I saw him shaking his head at janet and the boys,
    I was doing the dangerous bit steering the barge, I like canals and all that industry you see when cruising along,
    Great holiday that was, August, Rained most days,
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Barges and boating, locks and canals Empty Re: Barges and boating, locks and canals

Post by cunningham Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 11:17

Mcqueen wrote:Speaking of bbc news, Bingley 5 rise locks are being overhauled, Janet was knackered when we got to the top,
    There was water works guy that showed you how to go on, I saw him shaking his head at janet and the boys,
    I was doing the dangerous bit steering the barge, I like canals and all that industry you see when cruising along,
    Great holiday that was, August, Rained most days,
    Barges and boating, locks and canals 1498946960 you heading towards chorley then reg,i will see you in august at botany bay, that's where the uboat was when i sent you the photo. but beware when you go through nelson and burnley, the Asian friends throw telly's fridges,and all sorts of crap from the bridges.Barges and boating, locks and canals 16779677 . i have done a lot of walking on the cut bank,walked from leeds to 12 miles from mickey mouser country,thats near enough for me.Barges and boating, locks and canals 3707059870 . you are just the same as the rest of the buggers that sail the boats, you all let the women do all the hard work, winding the handles at the locks,you ought to try the wigan flight,26 of the buggers,never again,Barges and boating, locks and canals 3707059870
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Barges and boating, locks and canals Empty Barges and boating, locks and canals

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 11:22

Boating days are over Howard, That was back in 1990, We did make it to Chorley. Thats where we turned round,Your right about the fridges, Sofa's, Shopping trolley's and dead dogs, Yorkshire is far superior, But you knew that already, Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 11:41

Here's "Neptune's Staircase" in Fort William. Entrance to Caledonian Canal...bugger that!

Barges and boating, locks and canals 9k=
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 11:48

Mcqueen wrote:Boating days are over Howard, That was back in 1990, We did make it to Chorley. Thats where we turned round,Your right about the fridges, Sofa's, Shopping trolley's and dead dogs, Yorkshire is far superior, But you knew that already, Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    Morming reg, i must admit you have far more scenic stretches on the cut than we have.tell you what though, they know how to charge for an icecream at the bingley rise,my aunty used to live there, cottingly actualy.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 11:50

Here's a piccy of Bingley rise locks...where did you get the ice cream H?

Barges and boating, locks and canals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHNpMrv2iKJu4jtOvrHu79TFE2sU0MJbJOfc2TvjTedHCc2vxCnw
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:05

After hiring the barge i didnt have money left for an ice cream, Been back by car a few times, Just to remind Janet how lucky she is, I can stand all day watching the water works man charging about, Talk about i love my job, He used to live in the house at the top, But i saw it for sale once in the Yorkshire Post, He has to be there, If somebody got it wrong, Leeds would be in Hull by the afternoon,
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:14

The Lone Ranger wrote:Here's a piccy of Bingley rise locks...where did you get the ice cream H?

Barges and boating, locks and canals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHNpMrv2iKJu4jtOvrHu79TFE2sU0MJbJOfc2TvjTedHCc2vxCnw
    its at the top just out of the photo cam.Barges and boating, locks and canals 294053457 you get a better deal at the top lock at barrowford.formaly the lock keepers cottage. a nice chap,we once had a bacon buttie and a brew before we realised we had no money,good job we were regular customers.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:27

We did a canal one 5 years back, fabulous
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:27

I worked in Burnley area for a couple of months, Nelson, Colne, Oswaldtwistle region...kept getting asked if I wanted a "brew". Oh! Cup of tea! Right you are then. Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:32

The Lone Ranger wrote:I worked in Burnley area for a couple of months, Nelson, Colne, Oswaldtwistle region...kept getting asked if I wanted a "brew". Oh! Cup of tea! Right you are then. Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    hi lad, nowt like your iron brew.Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 12:35

cunningham wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:I worked in Burnley area for a couple of months, Nelson, Colne, Oswaldtwistle region...kept getting asked if I wanted a "brew". Oh! Cup of tea! Right you are then. Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    hi lad, nowt like your iron brew.Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739
    Aye lad, how much.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 13:13

Duz tha want a brew ? Barges and boating, locks and canals 3025408739, I had two blokes come from Barrow in Furnace for a MX 5, As soon as they got here one said are we having a Brew ?, I thought not untill you part with some $$$, anyway the other was giving me a hard time with the price, The other kept saying are we having a Brew, Did the deal after what seemed like ages, Kept the other outside, When he came out the other said, "We not having a Brew then" I said your mate's going to buy you one with my change, He said Sociable lot you Yorkie's, I said tight lot you from up there, Love my job i do, Feck off
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 13:36

I will be round your gaff in Tenerife for a brew, OK about 2am when I get back from a bar?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:11

Well I never...look what's on the news. Coincidence or what?

BBC News
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:36

Or What, I said speaking of bbc news, Get a grip Cam,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:40

Mcqueen wrote:Or What, I said speaking of bbc news, Get a grip Cam,

Ooops! I'm going doolally me... Barges and boating, locks and canals 2908439648
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:42

Heres the deepest lock in Europe, Ardnacrusha on the river Shannon. Rory McGrath likened it to "descending into hell" on "3 men and a boat".

here
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:51

I've driven over the bridge at Killaloe just above the locks a few times. Nice spot in County Clare that. We'd rented a wee cottage just outside Scariff.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:55

Yeh ok, So its a tad bigger than bingley 5 rise, Where is that reservoir with the big hole in the middle and all the water pours down it, Might be wales ?, Imagine being in a canoe and you got a bit close Barges and boating, locks and canals 2419626307
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:57

A bit off the beaten track there Cam. Its about 40 miles away from me. I did a course there on natural stone wall building. Did my own wall at the front of my house. saved myself 3 grand ( its compulsory to have a natural stone wall in county Galway if you live in the countryside).
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 16:00

Ladybower Sink Hole
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 16:01

Mcqueen wrote:Yeh ok, So its a tad bigger than bingley 5 rise, Where is that reservoir with the big hole in the middle and all the water pours down it, Might be wales ?, Imagine being in a canoe and you got a bit close Barges and boating, locks and canals 2419626307

Here's one up near where I live...scary stuff.
    Barges and boating, locks and canals Overspill-1
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 16:43

3rdforum wrote:Ladybower Sink Hole
    But put a fence round your swiming pool, You wouldnt want to be a duck,
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 17:04

Is that Siam Park?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content