Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Radio2 Folk Awards.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Radio2 Folk Awards. Empty Radio2 Folk Awards.

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 19:37

On live just now. Click the red button on any BBC digital channel to access. The Dubliners are to get a lifetime achievement award later on.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Radio2 Folk Awards. Empty Re: Radio2 Folk Awards.

Post by Adam Mint Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 19:54

Got in to the company of two guys last night who are involved in this in some way, one promoted folk concerts and the other was a sound engineer, they were both totally rat arsed sampling real ales and whisky (I had enough sense to keep of the whisky).

If the sound engineer has anything to do with tonight’s show, don’t expect too much...

Radio2 Folk Awards. 1696878685
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 20:09

Adam Mint wrote:Got in to the company of two guys last night who are involved in this in some way, one promoted folk concerts and the other was a sound engineer, they were both totally rat arsed sampling real ales and whisky (I had enough sense to keep of the whisky).

If the sound engineer has anything to do with tonight’s show, don’t expect too much...

Radio2 Folk Awards. 1696878685

Are you in Salford then AM?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 20:38

No... Well away from there, I’ve still got two eyes, all my teeth and never been kneecapped...

Guys are up from London for event and staying in hotel just along from the local, taxi ride will get them down to the Lowry if they were in a fit state....

Radio2 Folk Awards. 3707059870
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 21:09

I used to have quite a few very well paid Application Consultants work for me that lived in Salford Quays - always thought it was posh.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 21:29

Like everywhere it has its good and bad areas, the Quays area you mention, where the Lowry is located is a regenerated area around the Manchester ship canal docks, viewed as a bit of a trendy to place to live, but not much there, it is also surrounded by some less desirable areas.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 21:38

Many many years ago I used to have to go to West Gorton which was really grim, but I remember taking my girls one Friday when they were little, we were going to continue our journey up to my parents. The girls were looking out the car windows as the factory girls came out from work. They were opening their pay packets and gave the girls the loose change. They may have been rough but they were kind and I will never forget them, great days.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 22:03

I remember reading somewhere about a guy from Manchester who said the best thing to happen to it was the IRA bombing the Arndale Centre ( i.e. huge regeneration took place afterwards ). I dunno how true this is cos i seem to remember Manchester was picking up before 1996.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 2:11