Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
Topdog
betty swollocks
8 posters

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate

betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate Empty Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate

Post by betty swollocks Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 13:12

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate

Updated: A MAN has been arrested after a hamster was fried to death following a row between flatmates.

Police found the dead pet – belonging to the flatmate of the arrested
    man – lying in a frying pan in the kitchen of one of the apartments at
    Pope’s Head Court, in Peter Lane, off Market Street,
    York.

National animal welfare charity Blue Cross described the incident as “horrific and tragic”.

Police sources told The Press that officers were called to the block
    of flats last Saturday following reports of a drunken disturbance and
    arrested a 20-year-old student for being drunk and
    disorderly.

They conducted a spot-check around the flat and made the grim discovery.

They then arrested the 20-year-old man on further suspicion of causing
    unnecessary suffering to a protected animal. The Press understands
    police believe the creature was alive before it was placed
    in the flying pan.

After questioning the man, officers learned that the hamster had
    belonged to his male flatmate, a foreign student who is studying in the
    city. The owner of the pet is said to have been distraught
    when he found out what had happened.

Police said the hamster was now in a deep freezer in the evidence room at the Fulford Road police station as investigations continued into the incident. The
    RSPCA said it could not comment on an ongoing case but it would also looking into the investigation.

Denise Young, the Blue Cross regional manager for the north, said:
    “This is an horrific and tragic incident for both the poor hamster and
    the owner concerned. At the Blue Cross, we sadly see
    animals who have been terribly neglected or deliberately mistreated,
    in desperate need of our care and loving new homes.

“We hope that this case is taken as seriously as it deserves to be by the relevant authorities.”

A police spokesman said: “A 20-year-old man was arrested at an address
    on Pope’s Head Court, Peter Lane, York, on Saturday, February 4, on
    suspicion of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected
    animal. He has been released on bail while police and RSPCA inquiries
    continue.”

The man will answer bail on March 6 and the hamster was served with chips Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate Empty Re: Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate

Post by Topdog Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 20:43

If it was a Dutch Hammie he could have made Hamster Jam
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate Empty Re: Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 21:15

Topdog wrote:If it was a Dutch Hammie he could have made Hamster Jam

Groaannnn! Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 21:18

What was the childrens program with hammy hamster, Did Jonnie Morris do the voice
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 21:23

Mcqueen wrote:What was the childrens program with hammy hamster, Did Jonnie Morris do the voice

Tales of the Riverbank with Hammy Hamster.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 21:23

Yes, Thats it, With Rodney rat, Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 3025408739

He use to look scared shitless floating down the river, And Rodney was trying to climb aboard too, They wouldnt get away with it now, animal cruelty, Cant see the problem really, Loads of hamsters about, £2 for half a dozen,
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 22:22

Had a dog when I was a kid, me and mother go to visit relatives for a few days, father left in charge of house and dog, on return we are informed dog has died, all the family in tears, decision is made we are not having another dog as it’s death was so upsetting.

Some time later a friend of my father is emigrating and was having difficulty in getting anyone to take on their pet dog, it was looking as if dog was going to be put down, my father stepped in and agreed to take dog.

Holiday time comes around again and mother and I disappear to relatives, again father looking after dog, yes, dog is dead on our return.

Well a generation later I have kids and my son has a hamster (George), we go on holiday my father being left in charge of said hamster.

Halfway through holiday I phone my father for catch up, George is dead... It is decided not to inform my son while on holiday, on breaking the news on return home, days of tears and depression.

Anyway, hamster is replaced and son again chooses to name replacement George.

Holiday time follows and my father is again left in charge, yes phone call, hamster is dead, again decide to delay informing son, which I was not looking forward to given previous reaction.

On our return home son is informed of death, reaction, “Well George two down the tube” was his reply and quite merrily disappeared out the house to play with his mates!!! We had fretted all holiday about informing him....

But, two dogs, two hamsters ??? Freddie Starr comes to mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 2055040530
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 22:29

Adam Mint wrote:Had a dog when I was a kid, me and mother go to visit relatives for a few days, father left in charge of house and dog, on return we are informed dog has died, all the family in tears, decision is made we are not having another dog as it’s death was so upsetting.

Some time later a friend of my father is emigrating and was having difficulty in getting anyone to take on their pet dog, it was looking as if dog was going to be put down, my father stepped in and agreed to take dog.

Holiday time comes around again and mother and I disappear to relatives, again father looking after dog, yes, dog is dead on our return.

Well a generation later I have kids and my son has a hamster (George), we go on holiday my father being left in charge of said hamster.

Halfway through holiday I phone my father for catch up, George is dead... It is decided not to inform my son while on holiday, on breaking the news on return home, days of tears and depression.

Anyway, hamster is replaced and son again chooses to name replacement George.

Holiday time follows and my father is again left in charge, yes phone call, hamster is dead, again decide to delay informing son, which I was not looking forward to given previous reaction.

On our return home son is informed of death, reaction, “Well George two down the tube” was his reply and quite merrily disappeared out the house to play with his mates!!! We had fretted all holiday about informing him....

But, two dogs, two hamsters ??? Freddie Starr comes to mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 2055040530
    Is he still around if so I am going on holiday soon, could he look after the Mother in law, for me.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 23:16

🤣
    scottishshiv
    scottishshiv

England Posts : 123

Post by scottishshiv Sun 12 Feb 2012 - 2:42

sick bar steward..i hope someone cuts his willy off Pet hamster fried alive by flatmate 294053457 then id laugh xx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 12:23