Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

New routemaster bus for London.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

New routemaster bus for London. Empty New routemaster bus for London.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 18:12

BBC England
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

New routemaster bus for London. Empty Re: New routemaster bus for London.

Post by Mcqueen Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 18:27

I went pi--ing off the back of a bus, Thought i would jump off before it stopped, Fecking thing was doing about 40 at the time, And they just resurfaced the road, Gravell rash , Tar stuck in my hair, Walked over the road and went back home, told parents i was beaten up, Got the day off school, New routemaster bus for London. 2519755782
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 20:38

They should bring the old ones back. Iconic innit.
    Don't like the interior of the new bus. too dark
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 22:04

Mcqueen wrote:I went pi--ing off the back of a bus, Thought i would jump off before it stopped, Fecking thing was doing about 40 at the time, And they just resurfaced the road, Gravell rash , Tar stuck in my hair, Walked over the road and went back home, told parents i was beaten up, Got the day off school, New routemaster bus for London. 2519755782

Done much the same when I was a kid, bus home from town had to slow down to round a corner near to where I lived, I had watched adults jump of the bus numerous times in the past and decided to give it a go one day, what I did not realise was these adults were prepared to run at approx the same speed as the bus once they hit the ground, well that’s what I did “hit the ground”, I just jumped off expecting to stand where I landed, so wrong, suspect I resembled something along the lines of Barnes Wallis’s Bouncing Bomb as I stoated along the ground prior to coming to a stop.

New routemaster bus for London. 3017676036
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 22:18

Recall reading report below about the new bus, all that technology, and it goes wrong due to one big nut behind the wheel...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16244634

New routemaster bus for London. 2839888827
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 22:25

Bounce when your young, Wouldnt try it now, I still call at the shop where i went flying 45 years ago, Always have a smile, Daft git i think,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:05

Adam Mint wrote:
    Mcqueen wrote:I went pi--ing off the back of a bus, Thought i would jump off before it stopped, Fecking thing was doing about 40 at the time, And they just resurfaced the road, Gravell rash , Tar stuck in my hair, Walked over the road and went back home, told parents i was beaten up, Got the day off school, New routemaster bus for London. 2519755782

Done much the same when I was a kid, bus home from town had to slow down to round a corner near to where I lived, I had watched adults jump of the bus numerous times in the past and decided to give it a go one day, what I did not realise was these adults were prepared to run at approx the same speed as the bus once they hit the ground, well that’s what I did “hit the ground”, I just jumped off expecting to stand where I landed, so wrong, suspect I resembled something along the lines of Barnes Wallis’s Bouncing Bomb as I stoated along the ground prior to coming to a stop.

New routemaster bus for London. 3017676036
    Yeah but Reg was talking about last week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 7:33