Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Are exams getting easier

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Are exams getting easier Empty Are exams getting easier

Post by Gypsy Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 17:34

In my day we felt our O level and A level exams were really really hard and worked all year to be halfway ready for them.

I have just been reading that yet again there are record results for this years A levels but from what I see a large number of kids can´t read, spell unless it is in txt, or string two words together.

What do you think were exams harder when we were young or is it just our perception?

Over to you guys
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Are exams getting easier Empty Re: Are exams getting easier

Post by Mermaid Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 18:27

Gypsy wrote:In my day we felt our O level and A level exams were really really hard and worked all year to be halfway ready for them.

I have just been reading that yet again there are record results for this years A levels but from what I see a large number of kids can´t read, spell unless it is in txt, or string two words together.

What do you think were exams harder when we were young or is it just our perception?

Over to you guys

I think more children are falling by the wayside. In this day and age everyone should be able to read and write by the time they have been in Primary school for a couple of years at least
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 18:30

I think some of the subjects they do these days make it easier. I certainly don't think they are getting any brighter Are exams getting easier 3707059870
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 20:53

Cruella de Vil wrote:I think some of the subjects they do these days make it easier. I certainly don't think they are getting any brighter Are exams getting easier 3707059870
    They are made easier so as government figures look better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 16:36