Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
CaribeCelt
Perfectspecimen
3rdforum
9 posters

Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs Empty Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs

Post by 3rdforum Wed 23 May 2012 - 18:19

Bus drivers from the Titsa company have agreed not to wrok for 22 days next year in an effort to protect jobs right across the company

story
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs Empty Re: Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 23 May 2012 - 18:32

Hmm, very novel. I think I will lay myself off next winter then. Tax payer can foot the bill.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs Empty Re: Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 23 May 2012 - 18:41

Fair play to them.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 23 May 2012 - 18:54

You wouldn't get any dole over here. You have to be off for 6 weeks I think.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:03

I think you can get dole for part time hours.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:05

Everybody should be self employed, That will sort out the lazy fecks, No work no eat,
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:16

And there would be work for all these self employed workers,would there,in this great utopia of yours???
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:28

Lots of the self employed are not angels when it comes to abusing the system.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:38

The Lone Ranger wrote:You wouldn't get any dole over here. You have to be off for 6 weeks I think.

They don´t all get the paro here, it depends how long they have paid in as to how much they can get out that is why there are so many starving. I think I read somewhere they get around 70% of salary for the first 3 months and then 60% after that to a maximum of 24 months. So I assume all the drivers know it could be them that has no food so they are willing to do a work around.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 23 May 2012 - 19:42

A very noble thing the workers have done,imo.
    Nice touch.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 23 May 2012 - 21:53

I can't get dole, but there again I have only worked for the last 32 years without claiming it, so probably don't qualify, over qualified maybe.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 23 May 2012 - 22:08

Same here. You're a feckin pariah if you're self employed in these islands! Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 24 May 2012 - 0:55

No worries mate. Just have to re-invent yourself, Abdul Kev I am. Do you have any dependants? Yeh you bet. 6 Kids at home and another 4 in Uni. Do they live more than 25 miles away? Yes Sir, they rent a house off some chancer in Leeds called Reg. Reg Who? No Reg Smith.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 24 May 2012 - 20:08

They live in a house boat, owned by a chap called Mince, well almost a house boat, still get 25 in there.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 25 May 2012 - 10:31

Hmmmm, for those that dont know self employed have to sign on for 6 months before they even qualify for dole money.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Fri 25 May 2012 - 10:46

innit wrote:
    Lots of the self employed are not angels when it comes to abusing the system.
    cant think what you mean d.quite sure the used car dealers etc. are as honest as the day is long.Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs 2839888827 Bus Drivers in Tenerife agree to stop work to protect jobs 294053457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 18:04