Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+6
Cruella de Vil
Mermaid
innit
3rdforum
Topdog
Gypsy
10 posters

What made you choose your username?

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

What made you choose your username? Empty What made you choose your username?

Post by Gypsy Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:02

Was there a specific reason for choosing your name, does it have a special meaning, or was it the first thing you thought of.

As you know I was Travelling Man when I thought there were no other females on the forum, but after reading this poem, I decided to 'come out' and then all the ladies appeared too

Mommy Always Called Me Gypsy by Cheryl Davis Miller

Mommy always called me Gypsy
    after Gypsy Rose Lee.
    Seems I loved high-heels and jewellery
    they fascinated me.
    My wardrobe held the cast-offs of
    the 'Ladies' from upstairs.
    I'd watch them do thier make-up and
    do what they called 'coiffures'
    To see them dressed up for the town
    gave my young heart delight.
    They'd stumble up apartment stairs
    at all hours of the night.
    There was Sophie, Grace and Carol,
    and my favorite Kaye,
    it seemed that they all worked at night,
    then slept most of the day.
    Mom acted strange when I told her,
    'I want to be like them'.
    Told Daddy, 'We will have to move,
    or face a big problem'.
    It wasn't long before we moved
    seemed very sad to me.
    Cause after that, Mommy never
    called me Gypsy Rose Lee.
    What made you choose your username? 755705644
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

What made you choose your username? Empty Re: What made you choose your username?

Post by Topdog Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:06

Coz I am TOPDOG and did not want underdog (now undercoat) forgetting it.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

What made you choose your username? Empty Re: What made you choose your username?

Post by 3rdforum Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:07

Mine is fairly obvious innit??
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:11

I just knew you would all take my name in vain. innit
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:13

couldn't resist! 😄
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:20

I send my big sister Gypsy over to see you , she-ill give you a right going over if you aren't careful. :hit:
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:23

I had a bit of a identity crisis in the beginning but decided to reveal the romantic in me as a Mermaid What made you choose your username? 1199265026
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:32

Mermaid wrote:I had a bit of a identity crisis in the beginning but decided to reveal the romantic in me as a Mermaid What made you choose your username? 1199265026
    Used to be called U-BOAT. :Big Smile:
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 7:44

Mine was chosen on impulse, besides I love dogs don't I? What made you choose your username? 2419626307 What made you choose your username? 2458678113
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 13:27

Named after my kitten who is my avatar too What made you choose your username? 2501716212 What made you choose your username? 2599196730 What made you choose your username? 3468968222
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:15

During a conversation in my local in Tenerife late one evening I stupidly described myself as being the perfect specimen. Bit tongue in cheek of course, but everyone found this most amusing. Since then the name has kinda stuck. I have been called much worse things and, just occasionally, I AM PERFECT........ What made you choose your username? 1554180325
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:36

Perfectspecimen wrote:During a conversation in my local in Tenerife late one evening I stupidly described myself as being the perfect specimen. Bit tongue in cheek of course, but everyone found this most amusing. Since then the name has kinda stuck. I have been called much worse things and, just occasionally, I AM PERFECT........ What made you choose your username? 1554180325
    Well you're certainly a specimen! :bigsmile:
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:47

3rdforum wrote:
    Perfectspecimen wrote:During a conversation in my local in Tenerife late one evening I stupidly described myself as being the perfect specimen. Bit tongue in cheek of course, but everyone found this most amusing. Since then the name has kinda stuck. I have been called much worse things and, just occasionally, I AM PERFECT........ What made you choose your username? 1554180325
    Well you're certainly a specimen! What made you choose your username? 1510611536

Dictionary: n, An INDIVIDUAL, item or part representative of a CLASS, genus or whole........Basically a Class individual....What made you choose your username? 294053457
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:49

Also,
    Dictionary: a small amount of blood or urine used for testing What made you choose your username? 2419626307
    wazzedoffintenerife

Post by wazzedoffintenerife Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:11

Coz I am!!!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:24

wazzedoffintenerife wrote:Coz I am!!!

Hi Wazzy! Go easy on the posting mate, don't want you wearing yourself out! What made you choose your username? 2501716212 See if you can find yourself an avatar. At the top of the page click on "Profile" then click on the "Avatar" button. It tells you what to do in there. What made you choose your username? 1293356558

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 15:27