Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
3rdforum
Campbell Brodie
6 posters

Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain. Empty Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain.

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 21 Jun 2012 - 20:15

A Spanish court in Girona has found the British woman guilty of the murder of her two children in a hotel in Lloret de Mar in 2010...BBC News
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain. Empty Re: Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain.

Post by 3rdforum Thu 21 Jun 2012 - 22:16

I thought she would have been found insane. Her actions, particularly after the fact, certainly weren't sane.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain. Empty Re: Lianne Smith Guilty of Child Murders in Spain.

Post by Mermaid Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 8:19

I thought that as well D.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 18:40

She has been given 30 years...BBC News
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 19:04

You've got to wonder how safe that verdict is. It goes against basic instincts to kill your own child
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 19:39

It was planned though, I appreciate the insanity bit but are all murderers somewhat insane.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:16

Surely they have got to be otherwise they couldn´t possibly do it. It doesn´t mean that they should get a lesser sentence though.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:41

Gypsy wrote:Surely they have got to be otherwise they couldn´t possibly do it. It doesn´t mean that they should get a lesser sentence though.

Totally agree, unless there were mitigating reasons, like if some geezer raped my wife or daughter I would exterminate them, murderer yes, reason for it, insane due to my feelings about the guy.
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:21

I cannot believe she was still with the bloke as the reason they where in Spain was because he had been charged with raping her older daughter from a previous relationship.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:42

innit wrote:I cannot believe she was still with the bloke as the reason they where in Spain was because he had been charged with raping her older daughter from a previous relationship.

I didn't know that
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:47

The couple, who share the same surname but were not married, briefly moved to Lichfield, Staffordshire, then left for Spain in 2007 with Rebecca, after Lianne Smith's eldest daughter accused Martin Smith of sexual abuse.

Following his extradition, he was convicted of rape, sentenced to 16 years and in January was found hanged in his cell.

From LRs link from the BBC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 7:19