Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Are Spain boring ?

Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Are Spain boring ? Empty Are Spain boring ?

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 8:22

Are Spain boring ? 3723248305

Is it me or does anybody else find Spain increasingly boring to watch, hasn't always been like that but towards end of last World Cup and certainly this Euro tournament it's all too boring.
    Personally think they are on a different planet player wise & supremely talented but its almost a case there too good and its becoming counter productive, they want to keep possession so much its counter productive to scoring goals. Any team with that much possession should be scoring 2/3 goals, like that used too, but now countries are countering it with sitting deep and are prepared to allow them onto them and closing the game up and prepared to hit them on the break and that's why
    Spain are getting fewer clear cut chances.
    There aren't many Spanish goals scored from outside the area in the last few years nearly all are 'walked in' or within the box and thats why Torres is a waste he's a on the shoulder of the last defender running at goal striker and that;s not how Spain play hence how they used 3 subs last night and he wasn't one of them there missing David Villa big time hence why the play the 'phantom number 9'.

Don't get me wrong they are rightly best team of the planet and possibly best footballing team ever better than the Holland 'total football' era but it can be sooo boring to watch. Are Spain boring ? 588840738

My prediction of a Spain v Germany Final is on and it will be the biggest test the Spanish have faced for the last 3 tournaments could go either way.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Are Spain boring ? Empty Re: Are Spain boring ?

Post by BobMac Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:04

Blyth Spirit wrote:Are Spain boring ? 3723248305

Is it me or does anybody else find Spain increasingly boring to watch, hasn't always been like that but towards end of last World Cup and certainly this Euro tournament it's all too boring.
    Personally think they are on a different planet player wise & supremely talented but its almost a case there too good and its becoming counter productive, they want to keep possession so much its counter productive to scoring goals. Any team with that much possession should be scoring 2/3 goals, like that used too, but now countries are countering it with sitting deep and are prepared to allow them onto them and closing the game up and prepared to hit them on the break and that's why
    Spain are getting fewer clear cut chances.
    There aren't many Spanish goals scored from outside the area in the last few years nearly all are 'walked in' or within the box and thats why Torres is a waste he's a on the shoulder of the last defender running at goal striker and that;s not how Spain play hence how they used 3 subs last night and he wasn't one of them there missing David Villa big time hence why the play the 'phantom number 9'.

Don't get me wrong they are rightly best team of the planet and possibly best footballing team ever better than the Holland 'total football' era but it can be sooo boring to watch. Are Spain boring ? 588840738

My prediction of a Spain v Germany Final is on and it will be the biggest test the Spanish have faced for the last 3 tournaments could go either way.

Would you feel like that about this style of football if your own team were capable of playing like that ??
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:13

I thought the match last night was brilliant. They are much better to watch, however, with Torres playing up front. It gives them an "end" to all their passing movements.
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:23

BobMac wrote:

Would you feel like that about this style of football if your own team were capable of playing like that ??

At our level of the English system (level 7) your lucky to get 3/4 passes together before some 6ft built like a brick sh*t house clogger decides he's had enough and launches the one player you have that makes paying the £10 admission fee worth while !

Are Spain boring ? 4134441833 ah the beauties of the English game and we wonder why were no good ! Are Spain boring ? 1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:24

Try being Irish! Are Spain boring ? 1498946960 Are Spain boring ? 1498946960 Are Spain boring ? 1498946960 Are Spain boring ? 1498946960
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 11:12

I loved last nights game, I could watch Torres, Xavi, Fabregas and Ronaldo all night. Are Spain boring ? 294053457 The football was good too.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 11:54

I don't think they play an exciting game, but very few European teams do. Trouble is they can't afford injury, bookings etc and Ref's are not that good really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 22:25