Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Police officers Killed

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Police officers Killed Empty Police officers Killed

Post by Topdog Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 14:58

Terrible
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Police officers Killed Empty Re: Police officers Killed

Post by Mermaid Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 15:02

I have just been reading this. Terrible I agree.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 16:14

Drugs,,, cops turn a blind eye to a lot of it, suppose it was ok when they were blowing each other apart, then this happens...

Gave himself up pretty quick after the event, not that stupid, few years inside better than facing the firearms unit, or possibly not!!!

Dangerous people, guns, grenades,,, how secures a prison cell...

Sweet dreams...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:54

A large part of Manchester is at a standstill due to major roads being closed due to this incident, with no disrespect to those involved, why, the guy who done it handed himself in...

The incident happened Abbey Gardens, road reports are saying Hyde Road and Broadbottom Road are closed,,,

Police officers Killed M10
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:13

Thats rough
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 20:22

the woman on the left looks like me in my passport pic
    what a shock i got logging on earlier thinking i was in the news
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 20:28

Mischief Maker wrote:the woman on the left looks like me in my passport pic
    what a shock i got logging on earlier thinking i was in the news

I went and looked and the photo is a bit like you.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 18:38

Enough is enough, this has to end.

Strong words they’ll be shaking in their boots...Police officers Killed 1498946960

BBC Report:-

20 September 2012 Last updated at 17:03

Manchester police killings: Call to end 'family feud'

Police investigating the deaths of two officers in Greater Manchester have called for an end to a feud between "criminal families".

Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan said the deaths of PCs Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes was a "watershed moment".

Police have confirmed a man arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder on Wednesday is Stephen Garvey, 28.

A property linked to Mr Garvey is a short distance away from the shootings.

The BBC understands that, among other things, Mr Garvey's arrest concerns the phone call that was made to report a burglary.

That phone call resulted in the two policewomen being sent to the address where they were shot.

Suspicion of murders

A post-mortem examination confirmed that PCs Bone and Hughes were shot dead in the attack in Mottram, Tameside, on Tuesday morning.

Dale Cregan, 29, was arrested by police on suspicion of their murders.

Mr Cregan was also arrested on suspicion of the murders of Mark Short in May and David Short in August.

Police are investigating whether the murders of the officers is linked to a dispute between the Short family and another unnamed family.

The force is looking into a theory about whether an alleged assault on a woman in the unnamed family led to an escalation in violence involving firearms and explosives.

Police have been given until Friday morning to question Mr Cregan in relation to all four deaths.

During a visit to the scene of the killings, GMP Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy said the force was in discussions with the Crown Prosecution Service and that he anticipated "charges within 24 hours".

ACC Shewan said that while he would not portray the shootings as "gang warfare", events over the past six months "show how we need to investigate the role that that feud took in determining the outcomes that we have seen".

He said: "This is a feud between two criminal families and that feud is being investigated as part of the investigation into the shocking events of Tuesday.

"I would say the strong message that GMP has been using for the past six months has been: Enough is enough, this has to end."

Mr Shewan added the force had issued threat-to-life warnings - notices given to people under threat of being murdered or seriously injured sometimes called "Osman warnings" - to a large number of individuals as a result of the officers' deaths.

Sir Peter, along with other senior officers, visited Mottram to lay flowers alongside dozens of other bouquets at a makeshift shrine close to the scene of the double killing.

He said PCs Bone and Hughes were "wonderful human beings" and "dedicated officers".

He said the pair's families had been "overwhelmed by the huge support they are getting right across the country [which is] a huge comfort to them in a very difficult time".

He added that an online campaign had been started by police officers around the country offering to work for GMP on the day of the dead officers' funerals to allow all their GMP colleagues to attend the services.

Earlier, after meeting residents in a community centre on the Hattersley estate, shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said: "I think obviously they have been very shocked and frightened by what has happened, but I think the strong feeling everyone has now is that they want justice to be done for the officers who have been killed.

"And everybody I think believes the criminal investigation by Greater Manchester Police is the priority now, to get to the bottom of this."

Meanwhile, a 22-year-old man has been arrested after a Facebook page was set up lauding Mr Cregan as a "legend".

The man, from Netherley, Merseyside, is being questioned over a "tribute" which went online within hours of the deaths of PC Hughes, 23, and PC Bone, 32.

Mr Cregan was arrested when he walked into Hyde police station a short time after the shooting in Mottram.

He had been on bail following the shooting of Mark Short, 23, at the Cotton Tree pub in Droylsden, on 25 May and was the subject of a huge manhunt after the murder of David Short, 46, Mark Short's father.

On 10 August, David Short was killed at his home in Folkestone Road East, Clayton, after describing his son's killers as cowards. He was found dead after an explosion was heard.

Meanwhile, The BBC has shelved the final episode of drama Good Cop following the deaths of the police officers.

The episode, due to be screened on Thursday, features a violent attack on a female police officer.

"In light of news events, BBC One has postponed the final episode of Good Cop, due to transmit at 9pm tonight," the BBC said in a statement.

Osman warnings

• Osman warnings are issued by the police to people whose lives they believe are at risk.
    • Named after a 1998 European Court of Human Rights case which ruled police have a duty to warn people whose lives are in danger, even if they are known criminals.
    • Ruling followed high-profile 1988 case in which a teacher shot and wounded his student Ahmet Osman and killed the boy's father. Metropolitan Police had known of the risk but not informed the family.
    • Hundreds of Osman warnings are issued every year. Details of how many warnings are issued are not readily available. However, in 2010, the Met issued 352 warnings.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 18:50

Apparently Cregan had a one way ferry ticket to Ireland.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 17:32

Recall reading cops recon gang who got him had got
    their hands on a box of twelve grenades, only two been used...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19799151
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 14:09

A year...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24135219
    3rdforum
    3rdforum