Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

2 posters

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass

Anonymous

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass Empty Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass

Post by Guest Fri 9 Sep 2011 - 16:13

I mentioned that I was going to see my friends Whiskey and Bluegrass play in Playa Arena last night. I have put together the bare bones of a blog which I have attached along with some photos and videos. I am rubbish at taking photos etc but Phil Crean and his OH were with us and he had his camera so I am hoping he will let me have some of his professional shots.

It will probably be several weeks before the finished blog comes out as I already have a lot scheduled but this will give you an idea of what we get up to.

-----------------

There is a bar in Playa Arena that I always assumed was German, the Franziskaner. It is actually a true Canarian Bar, I’m not sure where the name comes from but it has been in the town for many years. Talking to people who live in the area it is very popular, especially late at night, as they serve delicious food when everywhere else is closed.

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass 8th_se10 Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass 8th_se11

We learnt about this place from Juan, the manager of another bar in another town. He was getting a lift home from Bluegrass and Whiskey one morning at around 1.30. As the bar is his local we dropped in for ‘one for the road’ and ended up playing music until finally hitting that road at 7.30am.

We went yesterday evening where Whiskey and Bluegrass, part of Whiskey and the Traveller Blues Band, were asked to give a true acoustic blues session. The place was crowded mainly with Spanish, but also there were half a dozen of us Brits and a good smattering of German.

It is in small towns like this that the audience seem to appreciate 'different music' more than in the main resorts. There the requirement is to have something as background noise or to sing along to karaoke style. Little if any appreciation is given to how talented the artists are only to the particular type of music that is being generated, in the most by disc.

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass 8th_se13

Last night’s gig went really well and everyone had the chance to hear where the original material begins with some sounds from the Delta. The boys turned up with just a box full of harps, and two guitars, something unheard of especially from Whiskey who usually has 6 or 7 guitars in tow. The audience stomped along to the rowdy songs, but fell quiet when Whiskey's wife Natalie was persuaded to join them for a love song written by Whiskey.

The session was supposed to finish at 11.30 but we left at 1.00am and they were still going strong. The bar has asked them back for another gig next week, so I am looking forward to more of the same.

A touch of the Jimi H with Red House

I have just added the links as I appreciate many don´t like this sort of music and I don´t want to take up too much storage space.

A blues classic Crossroads, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boogie thing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forgot what I was looking for- even the little tot in this vid enjoyed dancing along. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass Empty Re: Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass

Post by Mermaid Fri 9 Sep 2011 - 16:32

Great thanks Queenie. btw your 2nd link says its private so couldn't watch it
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass Empty Re: Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass

Post by Topdog Fri 9 Sep 2011 - 20:50

Seems good, might take a wee look. Preview of blog on Whiskey & Bluegrass 588840738

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 14:48