Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
Perfectspecimen
Gypsy
8 posters

Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Empty Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses

Post by Gypsy Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 16:52

Motorists Beware!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Empty Re: Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 17:25

And remember you holiday makers out there in your hire cars you must have your passport and driving licence with you when driving. Someone will probably know what the fine is but it wont be cheap. And that single unbroken line down the middle of the road means the same as a double white line in the Uk. And STOP means STOP. A couple of the cops favourites there for you. Transport
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Empty Re: Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 17:47

I wish they'd start that over here. Get some of these useless feckin' drivers that never indicate sorted out for a start. I see the same cars going to work each day, it's dark and they are driving with one headlight which has been off for about a month and a half now. I hate it when guys speed through a village setting off all those signs with the speed on them.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 17:58

Shotguns thats the answer, Private hire drivers first, Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 871748619
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 18:11

A resident gets time to pay their fine whatever amount it is, as it is issued from Madrid. As an example making a turn left where prohibited may cost you 60€ and not watching a speed limit by more than 10km will cost 140€. But a tourist gets an on the spot fine and I was told it can be whatever they feel like asking.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 18:15

"I'm a posh Southerner and live in East Sussex. Whats the fine officer?"
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 18:38

I'm even Posher officer coz I live in West Sussex.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:00

Our cops don't wear them daft hats...
    Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Police_helmet
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:08

Yeah but not much is normal in your neck of the woodsGuardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Tartan_sheep
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:14

I think that sheep looks great in it's tartan wool
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:21

That's a 500Gb ram...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:33

Perfectspecimen wrote:And remember you holiday makers out there in your hire cars you must have your passport and driving licence with you when driving. Someone will probably know what the fine is but it wont be cheap. And that single unbroken line down the middle of the road means the same as a double white line in the Uk. And STOP means STOP. A couple of the cops favourites there for you. Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 209286996

Is that true, you have to carry passport and drivers licence?? Does that mean that the ex-pat residents have to carry their NIE and licence as well?? Whats the point of the passport?? Surely one piece of photographic evidence whould be enough Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 1498946960
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 20:20

I didn´t know you needed to carry your passport, but us ex-pats always have a copy of our NIE in our bags, and in the glove box. License mine is still UK but OH is Spanish and you must have the following in both personal car or hire car

reflective jackets that must be worn when outside the car at anytime, day or night.
    Full set of spare light bulbs
    Two emergency triangles
    If you wear glasses a spare pair must be carried
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 20:24

I saw you outside the car and you didn't have a reflective jacket on.
    I wonder how long it will be before all of Europe follow France and make you carry a Breathalyzer kit.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 20:28

True, they should actually be kept inside the car but ours are in the boot. You really need them so you can place your triangle several feet (I don´t know how many) at the back and front of your car if you should break down.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 20:38

I think I read somewhere you don't need the full bulb replacement kit now as most modern cars need a feckin' mechanic to remove the radiator and sundry plastic bits first! ( Honest).
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 20:53

couple of years back an old lady went in son's garage just as he was going for lunch. She said she had a light not working, the guy said we will take a look, she ask how much, £95 for first hour or part of then £23 per 15 mins plus parts. She said " I can't afford that, do you have a manual".
    Guy said no and you won't be able to do it yourself.
    Son went outside work and flagged her down with his overalls on so she knew who he was.
    He ask her for her spare bulb kit, which she had, did it in a couple of mins, think it was a bit of plastic to pull off, here and there.
    She offered him money, he refused.
    Give her his mobile number in case she gets stuck again.
    Turns out she is loaded and gifted him well.
    It was not the cost she was concerned about, it was the rip off. As he refused to take payment, which he said he could have got done for, she decided it was worth more than the garage would have charged.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 21:01

Some are complete bassa's to change Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 1498946960.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 21:15

Lone Ranger wrote:Our cops don't wear them daft hats...
    Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses Police_helmet
    and from april you will only have ONE POLICE FORCE and ONE CHIEF CONSTABLE
    NOT 44 - as in the HIGHLANDER FILM - ´´there can be only one´´ ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 21:22

Gypsy wrote:I didn´t know you needed to carry your passport, but us ex-pats always have a copy of our NIE in our bags, and in the glove box. License mine is still UK but OH is Spanish and you must have the following in both personal car or hire car

reflective jackets that must be worn when outside the car at anytime, day or night.
    Full set of spare light bulbs
    Two emergency triangles
    If you wear glasses a spare pair must be carried

all people in spain over the age of 14 have to carry LEGAL ID that is a SPANISH DNI card
    or one of the other ID cards issued across europe . because the british dont have an ID card you MUST carry your passport at all times BY LAW even on the BEACH normally its not enforced but if there is an trouble and you dont have you passport they can put you in the car and take you to the police station until you can prove your ID

carrying a NIE number is like carrying your tax return in england and it states on it that it is not ID
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 13:20

And you not allowed to drive in flip flops Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 2681204924

Gypsy what's this about carrying a spare set of glasses?? Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 2419626307
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 14:08

Cru, If you wear specs then you should keep a spare pair in the glovebox in case anything happens to those you are wearing. Hey you got any rain, ours has stopped now and it is beautiful.

We going out next week, like the sound of that new place.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 15:17

So do you have to carry spare specs by law? Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 3275847336

It's stopped here too and the sun keeps coming and going. Yes lunch next week for sure, not sure if new place will be open by then or not but there are plenty of other places :sulk2:
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 16:10

Yes to the first part of your question - it is the law

I'll come to you then usual day, usual time unless I hear otherwise.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 16:12

Thanks will dig out my old set of glasses Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 294053457

Yes same time same place Guardia Warned: Fine more drivers, or you´ll lose your monthly bonuses 4248600970

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 20:12