Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
3rdforum
skoobzz
6 posters

Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos)

skoobzz

UK Female Posts : 3

Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos) Empty Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos)

Post by skoobzz Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 16:42

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can help... I am here on holiday and leave tomorrow so we decided to go up to Mount Los Lajas today. We stopped to eat some lunch at the picnic area on TF21 and I was devastated to find two abandoned and starved young dogs begging for food. As a massive animal lover it has really upset me and I can't not try and do anything about it :'(

I've googled dog rescue sites but haven't found anything useful yet. This forum came up in my search because apparently there were two dogs (possibly same ones??) rescued from the same place in October. These dogs are skin and bones and are barely surviving and it breaks my heart to think that they might die up there.

They were timid, but ever so gentle when we fed them so I'm absolutely SURE they would make lovely pets so if anyone knows of someone who might help them, please PLEASE pass on my plea for help! I can barely type through my tears so if anyone can find it in their heart to help them, i'd be ever so grateful... and don't forget to let me know if you do :)

I will continue to look for someone and will keep my fingers tightly crossed. Thanks for reading... Emma :)
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos) Empty Re: Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos)

Post by 3rdforum Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 16:51

Hi skoobzz. Here is a link to one of the charities that one of our members helps out.

K9 Tenerife

P.S. Welcome to the forum
    skoobzz

Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos) Empty Re: Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos)

Post by skoobzz Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 16:54

Thank you do much! I will message them now! :D
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 17:22

Welcome to the forum skoobz. Sorry I can't do much to help the dogs as I'm stuck in wet, grey Scotland just now. Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos) 2219006651
    skoobzz

Post by skoobzz Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 17:30

Hiya! I'll be back in the p**ing rain tomoz night and errmm... can't wait, not! I'm guessing Scotland is even worse than down South you poor thing... weather is lovely here tho, lol!

I contacted K9 and another dog rescue site... my only worry is that I might be making things worse for the dogs... what if they aren't re-homable and they get put down??... :( Really hope I've done right thing! :D
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 17:43

Soz welcome to the forum but what a horrible experience that led you to find us.

You can´t make things worse for the dogs so don´t worry on that score. However you may not have had the most welcoming reception from the rescue centres because they are no longer allowed to just pick up animals that have been abandoned/lost.

The procedure is you phone 112 and the police will contact protection civil and hopefully collect the dog. This way they will get to Accion del Sol who receive a small payment from the council for looking after them. If the dogs are taken to any of the other centres it is up to the kennels to look after them and they get NO FUNDING at all other than what volunteers raise.

I hope they are collected and if they are then do rest assured they will be well looked after in either AdS or K9 (these are the only two I actually know and can comment on) and hopefully find their forever home.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 18:55

Hi Sh, You have come to the Right place as Gypsy is a big fund raiser for K9. As stated you now have to go around the houses. I am sure these will get picked up, but if possible please let us know you got through because if not,perhaps one of our members can possibly ring to report from Tenerife.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 21 Dec 2012 - 19:06

sorry to hear of the poor dogs. Welcome to this forum and i hope you will still look in again
    Abandoned Dogs on M.Los Lajas (Los Christianos) 2219006651

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 1:47