Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest Empty Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest

Post by 3rdforum Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 17:53

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this other than provocation?? Its the same guy behind the "love Ulster" march 5/6 years ago that was held solely to get a violent reaction??

Irish Indo
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest Empty Re: Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest

Post by Adam Mint Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:48

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for seven days.
    Eventually, Michael the Archangel found him. He inquired of God, "Where were You?".
    God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds: "Look son, look what I'm after making."
    Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"
    God replied, "It's another planet, but I'm after putting LIFE on it. I've named it Earth and there's going to be a balance between everything on it. For example, there's North America and South America. North America is going to be rich and South America is going to be poor. The narrow bit joining them - that's going to be a hot spot. Now look over here. I've put a continent of whites in the north and another one of blacks in the south."
    And then the Archangel said, "And what's that green dot there?"
    And God said "Ahhh that's the Emerald Isle - that's a very special place. That's going to be the most glorious spot on earth. Beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams, and an exquisite coastline. These people here are going to be great and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be playwrights and poets and singers and songwriters. And I'm going to give them this black liquid which they're going to go mad for and which people will come from the far corners of the earth to imbibe."
    Michael the Archangel gasped in wonder and admiration, but then seeming startled proclaimed: "Hold on a second, what about the BALANCE, you said there was going to be a balance."
    God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the neighbours I'm going to give them!"

Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 3712204970
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 19:08

That's about the size of it... Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 19:51

Do us a favour 3rd, put a note in your dairy to keep us updated on how his peaceful protest goes...
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 22:37

It's a well known nutter from the South Armagh area who has banded together with a few idiots calling themselves the "Protestant People's Forum",who have come up with this idea...he marched in Dublin a few years back under a different banner,and has been raising tensions in this area recently.
    The only good thing is,that in the main,the Loyalist paramilitaries are telling the people not to become involved in this group,and that rioting and following eejits like these will not get their flag back up,only by democratic means and working within the the agreement can they achieve that.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:19

Just listing to the Jeremy Vine show on Radio Two, had the Willie Frazer guy you were on about and Basil McCrea on his show debating the “Flag” issue.

Glad I don’t live in Belfast...

Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 1498946960
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:37

Too much time on their hands i think, Both sides brought up hating the other, probably brain washed about it, i can understand the point but its a flag at the end of the day, Some may say its not just a flag etc, its our rights that are being trashed, maybe, and i would kick off if ever they replace the England flag with suntans are us, But i do believe i would also say "Here have the blady place you ruined it already" I'm off, Cant see me shooting and killing over it. Enough is enough,
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 14:02

Just posted this on another thread, but works just as well here:-

Where I was brought up religion was not a big issue, on the scheme where we lived I would say there was approx 70/30% mix protestant/catholic, I base this percentage on the basis of which school the kids who lived around me went.

I was born protestant but have previously stated on the forum am not religious, but even as a kid I found it strange why I should go to a different school than the kids next door to me, although we would all play together at times, we tended to separate in to groups in relation as to who you went to school with, nothing to do with religion, they were just your school mates.

So, so much for a multi cultural society when as kids we are separated and tought different beliefs from an early age.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:36

The sectarian problem goes back 400 years. Its what you get when you try to force a language and religion on another people. Ulster was the only part of Ireland that was successfully ( somewhat) converted because( mainly), landlords brought over tenants from their estates in Britian to settle, displacing the native population ( ethnic cleansing). They had learned lessons from the other "plantations" that failed elsewhere on the island.

The hatred between the two groups even these days is pronounced. The troubles in the north stopped only 20 years ago and memories are still fresh. Dissident republicans have stepped up their campaign significantly in recent months and is, imo, only a matter of time before there will be a multi fatality attack. This will probably keep the fires of distrust burning for a while longer. Even if there was total peace, I think it would take several generations to pass ( if it ever happens) before the two communities could live side by side. I don't think anyone can fully understand what the feck is going on unless they live amongst it. Reg has issues with some, which I don't necessarily agree with, but then again, I don't live where he is ( amongst a sizable ethnic population) and haven't experienced what it is like. The only solution ( in the north) is to let them settle things amongst themselves and hope they don't drag us back 40 years
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 22:08

I'm getting annoyed with all this now. Billy Hutchinson, leader of the Progressive Unionist Party was on the telly saying how unionists now felt like 2nd class citizens within the UK. What a load of bollocks. Now he knows what nationalists felt like for 70 years. Maybe a taste of his own medicine might bring a dose of realism to the debate. Can someone tell me if the Union Jack flies over government buildings EVERYDAY in the UK?? I have a feeling it only flies on designated days.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 22:53

Orange white and green i think, no flag poles on mosques either round here, Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 1498946960

Oops'i just had a look at flags, Thought suntans flag was orange white and green, Didnt realise it was irish,
    Anyway you know what i mean Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 755705644

Last edited by Mcqueen on Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 22:58; edited 1 time in total
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 22:54

I think it's only designated days...I only see it on certain days flying from the local courthouse.
    And the irony of wee Willie marching to Dublin to protest and the Union Flag has been flying proudly from the Four Courts in Dublin without a peep,due to Irelands EU presidency it has to fly certain flagsLoyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 22:47

I see all the loony's are out again, wonder how much this episode will cost us, seems mainly youngsters throwing bricks and fire bombs, some seem 10 years old, Where are the parents for christ sake Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 1498946960.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:20

Some of the parents are sending them out Reg, "to protect the Crown".
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:27

From over here it all seems a bit barking mad, Cant see it being resolved either, gone on too long now, everybody is right innit, Bit like Gazza strip, Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 1498946960, do you know if i had that shit on my doorstep i would just move, thought about it this morning when i found some ethnic in the students dustbin at 7,15 this morning,
    After telling him to do one i thought what would i do if he just pulled a knife Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 2419626307, I'm 58 so i dont really want to be fighting some loon, Loyalists Plan Dublin Flag Protest 3275847336
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:36

From where we are , it seems mad as well. I think there is something going on in the background that is driving these riots. Wouldn't surprise me if the loyalists want an early election to get some more "staunchly loyalist" politicians into the parliament.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 11:06

Old git...
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 15:08

3rdforum wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if the loyalists want an early election to get some more "staunchly loyalist" politicians into the parliament.

Good point D
    They are without doubt being manipulated by very sinister far right elements,
    Here is an article,I think,sums the whole sordid mess up perfectly.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/news/local/flags-protest-miss-the-point-mccann-1-4621744
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 15:25

CaribeCelt wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if the loyalists want an early election to get some more "staunchly loyalist" politicians into the parliament.

Good point D
    They are without doubt being manipulated by very sinister far right elements,
    Here is an article,I think,sums the whole sordid mess up perfectly.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/news/local/flags-protest-miss-the-point-mccann-1-4621744

Fair point that...
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 16:46

It seems this flag situation could escalate into something with wider implications for the whole of the North,never mind Belfast.
    Loyalists have attacked Short Strand today and it seems to be very serious and with a few nationalists injured, according to reports.
    This will play into the hands off dissident Republicans who have been waiting for an oppurtunity to be "Defenders of the people".
    Dangerous times ahead if this keeps up.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 14 Jan 2013 - 16:28

3rdforum wrote:Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this other than provocation?? Its the same guy behind the "love Ulster" march 5/6 years ago that was held solely to get a violent reaction??

Irish Indo

Well, did it kick off...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Mon 14 Jan 2013 - 18:06

Never happened Adam, was called off in the middle of last week.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 14 Jan 2013 - 18:10

Best thing, as you more or less said in original post, just shit stirring...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 2:10