Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her..

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. Empty If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her..

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 1:06

If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-20935424
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. Empty Re: If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her..

Post by Gypsy Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 10:18

True social services miss so many things but where were this childs 'family' when she needed them. Seems they have only surfaced now there is a smell of money.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. Empty Re: If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her..

Post by Mcqueen Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 11:01

Another child beaten to death with a stick for not learning the koran fast enough, Its also that important to us it made page 31 of the Daily Mail If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. 1498946960, Father said he didnt know anything about it, i think i would notice if one of mine had broken bones and cuts all over, The Koran is a book, just like the bible, is it worth losing a life over ?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 11:33

Yeh, no one would ever start a fight, go to war etc over the bible...

Religious people love everyone...

Oh, not sure if they had much time for that hippy lot back in the sixties though, they were troublemakers...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:11

I've said this before, if you're religious and your faith gets you through the week, fair play to you. I just don't get it AND don't try to force upon anyone else.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:48

Where I was brought up religion was not a big issue, on the scheme where we lived I would say there was approx 70/30% mix protestant/catholic, I base this percentage on the basis of which school the kids who lived around me went.

I was born protestant but have previously stated on the forum am not religious, but even as a kid I found it strange why I should go to a different school than the kids next door to me, although we would all play together at times, we tended to separate in to groups in relation as to who you went to school with, nothing to do with religion, they were just your school mates.

So, so much for a multi cultural society when as kids we are separated and taught different beliefs from an early age.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 16:59

I didn't know there were different Faith schools until I went to Secondary school. In the wee village where I was brought up we all went to the same Primary school, then when I went to secondary school in the big city, Dunfermline... lol!, I found out that the Catholic pupils had their own school! St. Columbus it's called and still going strong. Doesn't worry me any...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 17:09

I dont think children really understand religion, i think it should be up to them to choose what to do when they leave school, not have it drummed into them at an early age, surley thats just brain washing them,
    Parents are also to blame,generaly a child will choose the same religion as the parents, just to please them,
    May God strike you down dead If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. 2419626307 What a shocking thing to say to a child, Still it could be worse, you could be beaten to death with a stick, Religion If only she had a “FAMILY” who could have loved and cared for her.. 1498946960, What a plesant past time,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 17:15

In Ireland everyone is educated together ( normally under a Catholic ethos ) but no one is forced to do participate in any religion classes if they wish not to. Dublin is the only place with separate protestant schools and these tend to be for the well off. One of my best mates in school was protestant. The only thing that annoyed me about that, was that he was never around on a Sunday cos he had Sunday school in his local church. If I had my way, I would make every school secular and then, if people wanted their kids to get religious education, either conduct classes outside of school hours or make classrooms available for different faiths to come in to teach. Paying a teacher to teach a religion ( that most of them don't give a shit about) is pure bollocks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 5:34