Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Perfectspecimen
Topdog
cunningham
Gypsy
8 posters

Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination?

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination? Empty Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination?

Post by Gypsy Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:39

There is an article in todays newspaper

The closure of one of Puerto de la Cruz’s most emblematic hotels has caused quite a stir in this beautiful and historic town. As we reported in our last edition, the loss of the four-star Atalaya Playa, though a shock to all, has generated mixed views about the future. It is certainly a crossroads for Puerto de la Cruz but will it survive and prosper or suffer? Tenerife News On Line

What do you think is Puerto top of your list? Or do you prefer the southern resorts.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination? Empty Re: Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination?

Post by cunningham Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:44

Gypsy wrote:There is an article in todays newspaper

The closure of one of Puerto de la Cruz’s most emblematic hotels has caused quite a stir in this beautiful and historic town. As we reported in our last edition, the loss of the four-star Atalaya Playa, though a shock to all, has generated mixed views about the future. It is certainly a crossroads for Puerto de la Cruz but will it survive and prosper or suffer? Tenerife News On Line

What do you think is Puerto top of your list? Or do you prefer the southern resorts.
    we make the trip once a year, never seen the sun yet, rained most times, loro parque well worth a visit.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination? Empty Re: Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination?

Post by Topdog Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:45

Southern resorts for me but a couple of days in Peurto are nice.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:49

I think Puerto is very nice, love the square. Used to be parrots there flying around. Never rained when I have been.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:56

I love watching the sea crashing against the rocks below that restaurant with the arches. (You know the one where you actually walk on top of it).
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:57

And the canopes in the cake shop.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:59

I always thought the place was a little run down looking. Only been twice so maybe I just got it on a bad day.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 21:05

Rained every time i went, Yeh, the sea crashing against the rocks bit scary, It didnt float my boat, much prefer the south, Dry and hot, Why go to tenerife ?
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 21:08

Its not for Irish, much too European, for run down read quaint.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 21:10

To Be sure.
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 21:58

We found it nice for a couple of days than back to the sun.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 22:08

Its been sunny at least half the times I've been there, you lot just unlucky.....Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination? 997289320
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 22:23

Perfectspecimen wrote:Its been sunny at least half the times I've been there, you lot just unlucky.....Has Puerto had its day as a British holiday destination? 997289320
    What inside the bars ?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 22:26

Underdog wrote:
    What inside the bars ?

Molly Malones, great wee pub run by Des Reid. His missus runs a shop next door. Near the old harbour.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 22:27

Beer, football, old people, usual stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 10:39

I like PdlC for a weekend break. Wouldn´t like to live there as I don´t like the high rise hotels, prefer yellow sand to black, weather is not as good as those who live there make out, not much for the tourist to do in the town so they need to have a car or use the bus. It does suit the 'old folk' who just want to sit and people watch and be in bed by 10.30 - bet they don't know that the place really comes to life around midnight. A couple of days every few months is nice, but no more :Not me Guv:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 20:20