Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mcqueen
3rdforum
6 posters

Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!)

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) Empty Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!)

Post by 3rdforum Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 10:14

I have been hesitating whether or not to post the below as I don't want to give these assholes any publicity but decided it needed to be said.

Have been keeping an eye on stories appearing in our national newpapers over the last number of weeks. The RIRA (Real IRA) and a group styling themselves simply as "the IRA", all of them dissident republicans, seem to be hellbent on launching an attack that will have multiple fatalities. There is an internal feud going on between various dissident groups and apart from killing each other, each group seems to want to "outdo" the other in terms of the size of the attempted attacks. Only last week, a van with the roof cut off was stopped on the outskirts of Derry with 4 homemade mortars ( fully charged) in the back. The intended target was believed to be the PSNI headquarters in Derry. These types of mortars are notoriously inaccurate and the loss of life could have been huge. It is my opinion that once a sufficiently big attack takes place in the north, these feckers will then turn their attention to the UK. When that happens, don't blame us ( the Irish). We abhor this kind of violence every bit as much as the next person. I don't think it will ever be as bad as the 70's and 80's as these "people" don't have anywhere near the same support as the "old IRA". In fact, their numbers ( in total for all the dissident groups ) are believed to be less than 300. Its amazing how the actions of so few can tarnish the name of a whole country ( as has happened in the past ). If they want to fight for national unity, let them do it through the ballot box not the armalites. Until, they do so, these "people" cannot and will not, speak for me.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) Empty Re: Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!)

Post by Mcqueen Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 10:22

Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) 577704309 Well said Dermot, Hope it dosent kick off again because we have enough trouble as it is, Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) Empty Re: Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!)

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 17:37

Don't want the "Troubles" kicking off again... Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) 1498946960
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 17:40

Not nice these peeps need to live life by Karma they may think twice then but probs not as they are thick as sheeeeeeeeite
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 18:19

It is sad but true D, that a whole nation will be judged by the few. It is just a shame that they don´t blow themselves up while making their vile bombs - sweet justice but it is and probably will be the innocent that suffer.

It must be especially hard being a parent trying to bring up children to know right from wrong if these sort of malicious actions become the norm again and are constantly in the public's view.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 18:46

Tbh, Gypsy, my parents raised me to know right from wrong even through the height of the troubles. It's not that difficult to tell your kids that killing is wrong, period.
    The father of one of my classmates was Chief of Staff of the IRA. My folks meet him every now and then when they are out for a walk. He comes across as nothing but a gently spoken well educated man. Now, while I consider it my birthright and duty to one day see a united Ireland, I also consider it my duty to say to these people "not in my name". I'm hoping that if it all kicks off again, that, during the last 20 years enough goodwill has been built up between Ireland and the UK, for people to realise that, none of us are the ogres we feared. These "people" should read Colin Parry's book "Tim, An Ordinary boy" which is about his son who was killed in a litter bin bomb in Warrington in the early 90's. If ever a man had a right to hate the Irish, it was this fellow. The kindness and generosity of spirit he has shown on his multiple visits to Ireland is a shining example to us all.

Thats all I'm going to say on the subject cos Vince will be bored out of his mind! Don't Blame Us When The Shit Hits The Fan (Seriously!) 3025408739
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 9:46

It's not these idiots thats the problem....It's the segragation of schools and the "apartheid"type estates in Belfast.
    These clowns number very little,but that does'nt mean they're not deadly, they'll eventually kill a PSNI or British soldier again.
    There is no chance of them wrecking the peace process,they gather 20 odd people for their commemorations at easter where I come from and nationally they attract the same type of numbers for easter.
    The Belfast situation is a ticking time bomb(excuse the Pun)and if it kicks off there,which I believe it eventually will,15 to 20 years or so,if the present apartheid mentality persists,then it has a good chance kicking off all over.
    That post D posted was a bit over the top.....begging for forgiveness from the English before anything has happened...Reading too much of that sensationalist Paul Williams....How's Ruairi doing by the way...I might not agree with his view of Republicanism but he reamains true to himself and his principles,lovely man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 17:10