Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Campbell Brodie
Topdog
6 posters

Topdogs Aventure

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Topdogs Aventure Empty Topdogs Aventure

Post by Topdog Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 21:58

So we went to Tenerife for a few days to look in to renting for 3 months in lieu of buying. We though we would also look at potential buys whilst there. After a bad start due to storms and many people not be contactable we eventually got started.
    We said we would be open minded in area so looked from Guia to San Isidro and down to the coast. Adeje, Chayofa or Fanabe/ El Madreno were our favourite selections.
    We did go to a fantastic village/port named Tajao, which is just East of El Medano. I loved it there and we saw a stunning place but too small.
    We said we would probably buy whilst there and decided to book a further 4 days.
    This meant us having to fnd another place to stay as the apartment we stayed in at SUNLANDER in Los Cris was booked. This apartment was with a chap named Dave, really nice guy. We thought it looked shabby on approach but the apartment was great and the little bar inside was ever so friendly.
    So unless we were prepared to pay stupid money nothing available in the Los Cris/PDLA area, we got a place in Costa Selencia. This was clean but a very boring area to stay and a long way down.
    So we looked at so many places, we also went to the auction at Chafiras, which was good and we bought some bedroom furniture. We bought this because we were about to buy a Duplex in ADEJE. The Duplex was nice and right up Jans street, we had to get quite a lot of cash in a short space that we had not bargained for as this was a Bank recalim. The money was and wasn't problem, we had the money but could not get it at such short notice as we did not have telephone banking. We were also a bit dubious so sought some advice. The deal was perfectly OKay as stated by a Notari that we were advised to use and we checked the agent out.
    We decided to stall and instead of paying stupid money for a money transfer we used our 3 accounts and drew max each day to get the money needed. The Duplex had some tied in issues after trying to get all the contracts sorted and it was a no go. We had a second property we liked in El Madrano, which is up behind Gran Sur.
    This was nice and we were about to offer when we were asked to view an apartment. We said, no thanks as we want a house or duplex. We were told this was different and although a bit more than we wanted to spend it might be our Cuppa.
    It was fantastic and very nice and actually Ideal for us. It was a red price which is when it can't be reduced further due to what is owed.
    All searches came back with no debts today, so it is a go.
    We have placed a deposit and have 2 months to complete.
    This is in Adeje and is where we will live.
    It is fully furnished with brand new high clas furnishings and has a lovely garden.

We looked at cars too.
    NIE and some other bits sorted.
    We did manage to just get some time to see Gypsy and Jim for a fab Curry and a really nice night out.
    We did have to book a few more nights and instead of 6 night originally planned we were there for 16 nights.
    I had planned to see some other people including Paul, Tenerifecarvalue rentals, but apologies to all, we just had no time to spare.
    Our last night we decided to spend with Stu, Sadie and Amelia and me actually have a couple of beers as not driving. We stayed at Stu's place and all went out in Adeje. We went for an Italian in a lovely little restaurant named TASCA, in Adeje just before you drive to the high street. I will put photos and a map on but reckon all shoud try. The home made Pasta was superb.
    So flew back with Ryanair, they try to sell the whole flight and adertise the flight time as 4hours 25 mins, then they sound a fanfare to say they are early. They then sit for 15 mins waiting for stairs and it takes a further 45 mins through passport control at Stansted. The journey down was smooth though, back in Brighton in under 2 hours. Train to Liverpool Street, taxi to London Bridge, 3 min wait for a train to Brighton.
    Ryanair was a comfortable flight though as not bad leg room compared to some and we had a spare seat.
    Greedy Monarch did not manage to fill all seats at 527 GBP one way to Gatwick, that is just immoral.

Last edited by Topdog on Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Topdogs Aventure Empty Re: Topdogs Aventure

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:09

Busy busy Kev. Well done mate! Topdogs Aventure 3318427985
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:20

I know exactly how you feel, Complete madness, I'm impatient at the best of times but Tenerife doe's my head in,
    I dont think i've ever been yet without something to do, All self inflicted usualy Topdogs Aventure 1498946960,
    Well done Kev, hope its all plain sailing from now on,
    OH and good report Topdogs Aventure 294053457
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:57

Its seems to have all fallen into place. Well done to you both! Topdogs Aventure 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 23:57

Yes, well done TD. I am out 6.30 am Tuesday, back 6.30pm Wednesday. I have a couple of things to do. Might find 6 hours or so for a good sup Topdogs Aventure 1696878685
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 7:52

Thanks Peeps, you enjoy Vince, expect you will pop in and see Stu.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 10:18

Lovely post TD. Great you Topdogs Aventure 4248600970 have found somewhere you both love and in a nice place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 16:02