Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Gypsy
Dronnyman
6 posters

Helping to Ban Bullfighting

Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

England Male Posts : 99

Helping to Ban Bullfighting Empty Helping to Ban Bullfighting

Post by Dronnyman Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:39

I have just signed a petition with the aim of trying to ban bullfighting. If you, like me, are against this barbaric "sport", please support this action.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Helping to Ban Bullfighting Empty Re: Helping to Ban Bullfighting

Post by Gypsy Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:51

Dronnyman wrote:I have just signed a petition with the aim of trying to ban bullfighting. If you, like me, are against this barbaric "sport", please support this action.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is no way I will watch the video as I find them too upsetting, but I will sign the petition, however I can't see it on the link. Can you please give a direct link. Thanks.
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 11:39

Thanks for your support, Gypsy! My computer skills are not that great, but I´ll gladly guide you through the site:
    In the mustard-coloured area on the right-hand side, click on TAKE ACTION
    On the next page, paragraph 1: printed in green, click on "Sign on to our letter to UNESCO".
    I hope that helps.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 13:15

See what happens when you catch me all hot and bothered after spending an hour in Mercadona, I have not only signed and donated but shared on Facebook - hope others do too. Helping to Ban Bullfighting 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 18:09

You must have seen trailers full of dogs on their way up the mountain. What do they chase when they get up there? Cant say I have seen any wild life apart from birds and lizards anywhere on the Island.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 18:14

...lots of wabbits innit...
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 20:11

Perfectspecimen wrote:You must have seen trailers full of dogs on their way up the mountain. What do they chase when they get up there? Cant say I have seen any wild life apart from birds and lizards anywhere on the Island.

Bullfighting is banned here but not in parts of the peninsula and how anyone can go to see it as entertainment I find unbelievable.
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Sun 21 Apr 2013 - 12:36

Gypsy wrote:
    Perfectspecimen wrote:You must have seen trailers full of dogs on their way up the mountain. What do they chase when they get up there? Cant say I have seen any wild life apart from birds and lizards anywhere on the Island.

Bullfighting is banned here but not in parts of the peninsula and how anyone can go to see it as entertainment I find unbelievable.

I agree completely. I went to a bullfight in Mexico to find out what all the fuss was about. Well, you can imagine my horror when the picadors started poking around in the bull´s neck, weakening it sufficiently so that the grand matador just needed to see the poor bull off. Anyway, thanks a lot for promoting this cause. Are you, like me, also in favour of a ban on marine shows like Sea-World and LP btw?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 11:29

bullfighting in tenerife stopped in 1983,and the only bull ring left is in Calle Horacio Nelson in Santa Cruz . the hunting dog packs are for rabbits .we get them all in their 4x4 drinking in the village bar at 5am looking like their off for a war ... we still have some guns left from when i brought the farm but i think my dogs are more likely to kiss the rabbits then kill em...
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Sun 5 May 2013 - 1:20

Just signed it.
    A totally barbaric torture of a defenceless animal should never be passed as "sport"
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 5 May 2013 - 8:52

CaribeCelt wrote:Just signed it.
    A totally barbaric torture of a defenceless animal should never be passed as "sport"

Hi Barry, you just came in from the pub at that time? Helping to Ban Bullfighting 3025408739
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Sun 5 May 2013 - 12:35

The Lone Ranger wrote:
    CaribeCelt wrote:Just signed it.

Hi Barry, you just came in from the pub at that time? Helping to Ban Bullfighting 3025408739

I was indeed mate...and fully upon the soap boxHelping to Ban Bullfighting 3025408739
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Mon 6 May 2013 - 13:54

Is anyone else out there interested in helping to ban bullfighting? So far,only Gypsy and CaribeCelt have actually said they´ve signed the petition, which is very sad
    Helping to Ban Bullfighting 2681204924 Helping to Ban Bullfighting 2681204924 Helping to Ban Bullfighting 2681204924
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 6 May 2013 - 19:47

I want it banned as well. I just didn't post my view before
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013 - 19:11

i tend to have a policy of not interfering in the cultural differences in other country's even those i live and am a resident in regardless of the cause .even more so if i am just a foreigner
    who has no stake in that country . giving home to two street dogs on my farm ,one after a road accident proves my actions in wanting to help animals and is not likely to upset the locals in my village
    they must be more local causes where you live ,maybe raising money for heptavac-P is a good place for you to start
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Wed 15 May 2013 - 19:40

TVTenerife wrote:i tend to have a policy of not interfering in the cultural differences in other country's even those i live and am a resident in regardless of the cause .even more so if i am just a foreigner
    who has no stake in that country . giving home to two street dogs on my farm ,one after a road accident proves my actions in wanting to help animals and is not likely to upset the locals in my village
    they must be more local causes where you live ,maybe raising money for heptavac-P is a good place for you to start

By signing the petition you are not going to upset the locals in your village because you´re not going to tell them, are you??? You have every right to help to ban a cruel sport like bullfighting irrespective of where you live. As you said before, there is no bullfighting in Tenerife and Catalonia has banned it as well. Bullfighting also goes on in France and South and Middle America and YOU DON´T LIVE THERE. Great that you gave a home to two dogs, but that has little to do with bullfighting. Sign the bl***y petition and show us that you´re a real supporter of animal rights. Stop giving us stupid excuses. Strewth!! Helping to Ban Bullfighting 16779677
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013 - 20:40

well personally i respect my friends and neigbours and would not wish to be underhanded ...maybe in your country you have different standards ... i have voted for my regional government since 2000 and since none of them have ever talked about bringing back bullfighting then im happy that my possitive vote has MAINTAINED a ban...
    a very simple question - will you give up the murdering of ALL ANIMALS not just the ones that you dont want to put on a plate ??
    if you do that then you can talk with some moral authority .
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Wed 15 May 2013 - 22:21

TVTenerife wrote:well personally i respect my friends and neigbours and would not wish to be underhanded ...maybe in your country you have different standards ... i have voted for my regional government since 2000 and since none of them have ever talked about bringing back bullfighting then im happy that my possitive vote has MAINTAINED a ban...
    a very simple question - will you give up the murdering of ALL ANIMALS not just the ones that you dont want to put on a plate ??
    if you do that then you can talk with some moral authority .

Bullfighting is the enjoyment of seeing defenceless animals being humiliated and killed in the name of "culture", "entertainment" and "sport". The time has come to stop this depravity and ban it like fox hunting, hare baiting and cock fighting to name just a few.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013 - 0:29

mmmmm what did you have to eat tonight for your dinner not the remains of some defenseless animal shot thru the head while tied up .... how many animals do you have and look after...please let us know ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 1:33