Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

CCTV / Black box recorder for your car

Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

CCTV / Black box recorder for your car Empty CCTV / Black box recorder for your car

Post by Daryn Sat 4 May 2013 - 17:30

A few of you know I have cctv in the car videoing inside and outside the car, last night I recorded some pretty stupid driving so much so its getting reported, basically if I wasn't driving behind this idiot taxi driver he would have had one hell of an accident falling asleep at the wheel several times and still refusing to go home, Ill try and get it on here to show you. I had to keep blasting on the horn to wake him up

That's not the real reason for this post though, I find these a necessity for any driver these days, I paid about £60 for mine and its brilliant evidence if you ever have a crash.

I've been looking at software (yes again) lol for you to use on your mobile phone that does the same thing recording with date and time, it also has gps so you can record where you were and what speed you were doing, you can disable this bit if you want.

Anyway I've put one in and just tried it and it looks pretty good but Ill experiment tonight.

You might be saying I only have limited space on my sd card, that's fine, it records constantly and if the card gets full and you haven't saved any recordings it wipes them and starts again automatically it all looks good and does the same as my cctv camera, as long as your phone camera is good then your laughing. Even if you only used it after a bump its good evidence.

Well this s the one I'm trialling for the taxi lads and you can have a go too if you like, its a free app and as said already its looking pretty good, their is others that look good also but this one seemed to have the best reviews of them all.

ENJOY and get it on your phone it could save you a lot of grief one day [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

CCTV / Black box recorder for your car Empty Re: CCTV / Black box recorder for your car

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 4 May 2013 - 17:45

What one do you have for the car Daryn? I wouldn't mind one of those cctv doodahs. Can you give me a link to the one you have? CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

CCTV / Black box recorder for your car Empty Re: CCTV / Black box recorder for your car

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 May 2013 - 19:06

Leeds city council pays half if you fit one in your cab, my son has one, 1 camera faces to the back and the other at the driver, makes the idiots think twice before they assault you, its on a continual loop and the recorder is hidden so they cant take it after they batter you, CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 1498946960
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Sun 5 May 2013 - 16:52

This is the one I have although this could be a next model up being called x8000 A as mine is just X8000 its made by carcam , mine runs 24/7 even at night when I'm in bed I leave it running [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A few videos here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've noticed their is a lot of new ones, its all research but the one I have works great although if I only wanted one for my family car I would just go for 2 separate cameras, one in the front and one in the back window. as you don't need to watch passengers, Ive noticed some new ones that come with a separate camera but I would do some reseach first, something like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:21

Thanks Daryn, I'll have a look into those to see which has best reviews. CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 294053457
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:28

no thanx daryn,after you sent me the video of you driving i think i will walk .....
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

weather

def adding this to the tf.tv platform !!!

Last edited by TVTenerife on Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:44; edited 2 times in total
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:33

Good thing to have for an insurance claim, Buses have them all sides in Leeds, CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:38

That dude is mental! CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 1498946960
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 5 May 2013 - 18:46

The Lone Ranger wrote:That dude is mental! CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 1498946960
    Similar to me dropping Janet at work CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 1483819851, I'm thinking i aint got time for this crap, lets roll CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 3025408739
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Mon 6 May 2013 - 21:00

On this video you will see the idiot twice go straight for a lamp post, I had to blast on the horn to wake him up, he was all over the road. He is a greedy arsehole that will risk peoples lives for the sake of a few quid. I'm reporting him on Tuesday with this evidence as its not the first time he has showed that he cant drive. I wont drive if I'm tired I go straight home or pull off the road and get my head down. You will see him turn up at the back of the rank behind my car.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 6 May 2013 - 21:38

Thats shocking CCTV / Black box recorder for your car 1498946960
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 6 May 2013 - 22:16

report him

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:31