Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Callao Salvaje beach makeover

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Callao Salvaje beach makeover Empty Callao Salvaje beach makeover

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:41

Parasols in place, lifeguard in place, Restaurant opened, things are starting to pick up for Callao's new beach...Tenerife Weekly

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 10:15; edited 1 time in total
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Callao Salvaje beach makeover Empty Re: Callao Salvaje beach makeover

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:49

Water pressure problems? On a beach at the bottom of a 11,000 ft mountain? Bollux. More thicko journalism. Callao Salvaje beach makeover 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:50

Leaky valve innit...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:54

Friend has a timeshare in Pearly grey, so we have been in that restaurant in the cliiff a few times,
    Cant remember what they call it now Callao Salvaje beach makeover 3275847336 Anyway that area always seemed very quiet to me,
    Hope the beach pulls a few in, but they may need sunbeds ?, the ones on Vista Sur are always gone very early, and its not just Germans, People will go somewhere else if they dont get it sorted, but we all know about red tape in Tenerife, pure madness Callao Salvaje beach makeover 1498946960 
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:56

Or not as the case may be!   I have an acquaintance that I have spoken with for many years on TA but never met. He has a place in Callao and I used to keep him updated on the progress of the beach.

A short while ago I sent him a message saying I had heard that the restaurant had been taken over by the daughter of the Mayor and that 4 people had gone for a snack and it had ended up costing something over €100 for very average food.  I did stress that this was hearsay and being Tenerife didnt have to have a grain of truth in it asnd could easily be someone with a grudge.  I asked him for his thought after his upcoming visit.

Well he has now been and he has no axe to grind as he is neither in competition or a resident.  Not good
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 9:57

All of that is at the bottom of one of those gullys -valleys, one good flood and the lot has gone, I will make that a prediction anyway, Its what blokes do, surveying areas as we walk about, Callao Salvaje beach makeover 1483819851 
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 10:26

Mcqueen wrote:All of that is at the bottom of one of those gullys -valleys, one good flood and the lot has gone, I will make that a prediction anyway, Its what blokes do, surveying areas as we walk about,  Callao Salvaje beach makeover 1483819851 

Hmm, just had a look at Google maps. You're right Reg, the beach is on an extension of Barranco de Iboibo. Hope it doesn't rain too heavy...
    Callao Salvaje beach makeover Captu114
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 10:36

We went there a couple of weeks back. Great beach for strong swimmers, but not for average. We had Pickle with us and too dangerous for kids. Gaz and me walked up the storm tunnel a little way, not past point it says don't go but just so the light changed to let us see in, massive.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 11:16

I was there on Saturday morning and will be there again on Monday, to see the nice man at Witzend who has sorted out my laptops. Not been on the beach yet, been told it is grounded up rock and sharp on the toes so need to keep your flipflops on. Will try and remember to take the camera tomorrow.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 23:03

Be quick then, soon be an ex-beach by all accounts. Mayors daughter gets franchise, hmmm. Good deal too I bet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 2:09