Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Public transport.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Public transport. Empty Public transport.

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 9:02

Having spent the vast majority of my life driving about and also renting a car when I went to Tenerife I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the joys of the Titsa bus company and bono card system in Tenerife. Not only is it cheap but you can get to most places by bus and the drivers all seem to be nice and one even explained to me that there is a summer time table on the 483 route hence why sometimes no bus turns up! I thought it was weekdays one timetable and weekends and fiestas was another one but at the bottom is a third one. This starts with a word that starts with a V which means summer in Spanish! Sadly I cant remember the actual word now but at least I know what to look for.......Public transport. 1498946960  Sad old git I am.Public transport. 3025408739 

Now not too far from East Midlands Airport there is a rail station called East Midlands Parkway. This appears to be in the middle of nowhere apart from a power station so its obviously there to serve the airport. Only trouble is you cant get a bus from the airport to the station......Public transport. 3275847336  You have to go to Derby, Leicester or Nottingham, or as I did to Long Eaton to catch a train. Then it was one stop to East Midlands Parkway and then change for a train to Peterborough! Now, if I was an enterprising chap I would buy myself a bus and a couple of Polish drivers.............
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Public transport. Empty Re: Public transport.

Post by Gypsy Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 10:48

verano = summer
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 14:25

We have always used T.I.T.S.A. when in Tenerife, anyone who asks me about car hire gets the same reply "take the bus" , we have been practically everywhere on the island by bus and have never been let down by them , o.k it,s not as convenient as a car but the plus side is you can always have a wee "swally" whenever you want , still got a bono pass from this year with 10 euro credit to get us started in January Public transport. 1887251641
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 22:04

Yip, and you get to see more scenery being high up. That's the word Gypsy, verano.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 18:11