Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Mcqueen
Topdog
Perfectspecimen
Adam Mint
8 posters

Bin about time...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Bin about time... Empty Bin about time...

Post by Adam Mint Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 18:14

Bin about time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23719207

Manchester streets/gardens are an eyesore with them.

One for glass.

One for tins.

One for paper/cardboard.

One for food waste.

One for garden waste.

One for general waste.

Some people do not have space for them all so the just sit on the pavement outside their properties all the time...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Bin about time... Empty Re: Bin about time...

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 19:49

Patsy forgot to put the bin out today cos she had another day off. They only come once a fortnight so I loaded up the car and went to tip. Do not toss waste in skips it says. Bin about time... 3275847336  Well, I aint walking up the bleeding steps 10 times, so tossed I did. No electrics stuff in here, no metal in there, please flatten cardboard and put it in here. Feck off, sort it yourself........Bin about time... 3025408739 

Oops nearly forgot another sign, staff are not allowed to help you unload. Bin about time... 1498946960 They soon come running over if it looks valuable though.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 14:03

Ah, progress, down to five soon...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395998/Now-EVERY-weekly-bin-collection-axed-families-separate-rubbish-containers.html
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 14:40

Place I worked at some years back went all green, we had bins for everything much like my list in first post, it was drummed in to staff as to how we all had to do our bit to save the planet, they even gave the title "environmental champion" to a member of staff whose job it then became to be a bin policeman checking up on us to see we binned our rubbish correctly, job was obviously given to a  descendent of a traffic warden, the cleaners would empty the small bins located though out the factory in to large industrial sized bins in the yard, these bins like the smaller ones were all colour coded and clearly marked as to what had to be put in them. One day while sitting in my office the rubbish collection truck arrives, a big eight wheeled thing with a forklift like attachment at the front which lifted the bins over the cab and tipped them in to the container behind it, the driver went along the row of bins tipping them in to the "same" container on the back of his truck which had a hydraulic ram to compress the contents,,, what was the fu#king point of all the separate bins, environmental champion etc,,, next time hitler pulled my department for something in the wrong bin he soon got told where to stick his recycling...

Angry2
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 15:39

When we first got them I ask if they had done a risk assessment. As I was a risk assessor trainer I thought it appropriate to question them. They said a full risk assessment had been done and the concerns of risk to the public were minimal.
    I pointed out that I considered some factors very high risk, please re assess these streets.............I gave them some street names and things to consider when looking at their assessments. 
    Ignored I was. I pointed out that as residents were obliged to put their bins onto the street by 7am on day of collection certain streets were at extreme high risk of the bins ending up in the road and traffic having to swerve. The reasons being some of the roads were near schools where the kids would certainly push them in the road and that traffic is quite extreme at times in these area's. I also pointed out some streets that were often wind traps and guaranteed that bins would be airbourne.
    No chance of them listening. First day of bins out near and around all the schools, loads in the road, litter everywhere and broken glass. First windy day, so many bins a distance from where they started, some accidents, fairly minor but reasonable property damage was done.
    Still have them and still same problems but people have to accept or shut up, or maybe have the tax increased to allow to pay for it and 10 managers to oversee it.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 16:20

Open fires. 1 in the house and 1 outside, Tins and glass only in the bin, collect once every 2 months,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:05

I dont do any recycling, it all goes in the same bin. If the council have something to say about it I have an answer ready. Bin about time... 3417148095   I pay you to collect it not the other way round. Use the unemployed to sort it if it bothers you. I pay them c***s too. Not if I had my way. Hitler must be turning in his grave. Not the Europe he envisaged at all. Soon be out with a bit of luck. 
    Canvey Island in Essex was built with all the garbage from London in the 50s and 60s, all came down the Thames on barges using the tidal flow, (green) not the best of places to live probably but hey, beats Bradford hands down.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:49

I believe our old local council got done for dumping what we had recycled and if I remember right, they were short of staff.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 19:51

See? Make the unemployed do it, no work no dosh. Simples.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 20:07

Our local council privatised bin collection. We Pay them to collect the recycling and then the private company sells it on to a big recycling plant. Don't seem right that Bin about time... 1498946960 
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 20:13

Quite like the Spanish model really. Big bin at the end of the street gets emptied regular. I was watching the bin outside Yelas bar in Los Cristianos recently. Loads of peeps kept turning up for a rummage. Dippers they call them. Still, keeps them occupied eh?
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 20:17

our bins get checked every so often to see that the correct stuff is in the bin. If it  is contains anything not allowed they put a sticker on the bin and refuse to empty it until you have sorted it. So far due to me being very good I have not been caught out
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 20:29

Perfectspecimen wrote:Quite like the Spanish model really. Big bin at the end of the street gets emptied regular. I was watching the bin outside Yelas bar in Los Cristianos recently. Loads of peeps kept turning up for a rummage. Dippers they call them. Still, keeps them occupied eh?
    I find those big bins confusing. One is for water bottles and cartons. Another is for cartons and paper?? Then there seems to be two different ones, one with a cover and one without, for general waste. And none of them take plastic bags.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 20:55

We have Headingley street scene, Its especialy for the more educated students, They just bung anything in anything, nobody give a shite, But we have orange lids and i have a card which allows me to go to the tip whenever i want, Cost £500 every 3 years,
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 1:20

Mermaid wrote:our bins get checked every so often to see that the correct stuff is in the bin. If it  is contains anything not allowed they put a sticker on the bin and refuse to empty it until you have sorted it. So far due to me being very good I have not been caught out
    You carefully separate them and then 1 truck comes round and collects all the recycled stuff and chucks it into the back of the lorry so it is all mixed up again.  Why bother to separate the bottles from the paper from the tins.  And what happens to it then, does it all go into one great big land fill?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 9:10

Our bins are put out on different days, different colour bin each time so the lorries are collecting all the same stuff...(supposedly).Bin about time... 294053457 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 9:29

Just keeps the voters happy i think, Bin about time... 3275847336 
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 10:45

Our tax was reduced this year due to good recycling in this area.
    Rubbish Thread anyway.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:04

Worked when I was a kid, can recall going to the motor racing at Ingliston, collecting and returning all the discarded coke bottles between races paid for the day...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23827616
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:15

Not exactly a new idea is it. Like I wanna stand in a queue at the shops behind a line of peeps looking for a refund. 
    Education, thats what is needed. And pride in your environment.
    Place near me called Mildenhall, full of yanks at the local airforce base. No litter, place is immaculate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 22:59